This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Treefingers wrote:Slightly stupid question -- but an awkward silence on Facebook Chat with someone I like a LOT. Is she gonna think I'm some kind of retard or what?

nope. and don't chat too much, you might seem over-eager.

just don't over-analyze things. play it cool.

Dayvan Cowboy
i watch my little pony: friendship is magic

Sherbet Head
Had a dream last night where I took shrooms at a friend's place then drove home, started to hit me when I sat down on the computer; apparently I'd taken an "1/8th" but for some reason I thought I'd taken an eighth of a kilo or something-- well, just a lot. I tried to google "1/8th of shrooms" to get an idea of how much that was (which really didn't make a difference because I already ate them) but then nothing came up for the search results, my firewall flashed and said "website not found" and when I hit back this weird website popped up with lots of popups, I right clicked and hit the bottom button (usually is Exit); more popups appeared and the windows started moving and shit. I looked at this list of options and instead of "Exit" I hit "trip", which is what it now said. Then the screen started changing colours but it was really freaky, I kept hearing noises of email notifications when there were like, -12 emails in my inbox.

Yup

Dayvan Cowboy
... and the fourth little piggy built his house out of leaves, and when the wolf came he said:
"I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!"
The wolf's failure to do this is largely agreed to be because of the house having physically impossible interior dimensions that are inconsistent with those of the house's exterior, though Johnson Metaquecueue - in his essay Bringing Home The Bacon - believes that this can be attributed to the wolf's repressed homosexuality...*
___
* The post is all scratched off here. I did a bit of research but I think the post references something -- I forget what though now. I've started skipping work. I swear I can see dogs in my coffee sometimes.

Sherbet Head
Danielewski's take on the modern classic. I like.

Dayvan Cowboy
The antique Christ statues in my living room grew horns overnight.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
Im so ill, hot and cold flushes. Had the shakes earlier, constant headache. Hope this goes away v soon.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
Waterbagel wrote:
Treefingers wrote:Slightly stupid question -- but an awkward silence on Facebook Chat with someone I like a LOT. Is she gonna think I'm some kind of retard or what?

Yay! You were right!
Thanks!

Dayvan Cowboy
Treefingers wrote:
Waterbagel wrote:

Yay! You were right!
Thanks!

glad to hear it! :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Eagle Minded
While visiting Berlin for a short holiday, we walked into a random bar and the first three or four songs were BoC :o:D The even weirder part: it was just a typical local around your corner bar with almost all people above 30 years... Nice surprise!
Unexpect the expected

Happy Cycler
Just burned my face with boiling hot water. God damn it.
Last edited by Jonse on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Happy Cycler
Back from the hospital. Got some codeine and feeling better now. Luckily, the burn was somewhere between the 1st and 2nd degree as opposed to the usual 2nd degree from boiling water and the doctor doesn't think it's going to leave a permanent scar. Glad that whole ordeal is over with. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Saw my ex a week ago, she was really, really, really looking good and I immediately fell in love with her. I was going to bring her home, or she would be going with me to my house (which means sex) but then a friend of mine grabbed a bottle of vodka which I never drink, but then did. I already poured a shitload of beer in myself, and then drank 4 or 5 glasses of wodka, which means I got totally wasted. Then the time came to bring her home, I was standing on the porch, grabbed my bike, waited for a bit for her ( my friends told me because I don't know anything anymore ) and then just went home. Next day UI had to hear everything from my friends, now I'm totally in love with her again, and she doesn't want to talk to me/see me. Reason we broke up a few years ago was that I got drunk twice every weekend. Man I had such a good time with her last weekend, I'm such a total fuckup.

FML.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Happy Cycler
Went to Pen Station last night for dinner. Ate a greasy cheese steak. Went to my Brother's with my wife and drank Kraken Rum till I past out. Woke up to take a piss and saw puke everywhere! In front of the toilet all over the rug, I guess my brother had been sitting on the toilet while puking on the floor.... Chunky smelly puke. So I went back to bed woke up and we went got some breakfast at Frisch's. Now I'm going to the flea market.

Sherbet Head
Man, I feel like life just ain't worth going through right now, I feel as though all this shit I'm doing in school right now is just going to lead me into a life of mediocrity. If it weren't for the fact that I rarely see my sister and mom I'd probably be dead by now.

Dayvan Cowboy
Julian Candy wrote:Man, I feel like life just ain't worth going through right now, I feel as though all this shit I'm doing in school right now is just going to lead me into a life of mediocrity. If it weren't for the fact that I rarely see my sister and mom I'd probably be dead by now.

it's not mediocrity if you like what you do/like your life

so just work toward liking your life, and, more importantly, liking yourself

i'm struggling with that too right now, so you're not the only one

Happy Cycler
Julian Candy wrote:Man, I feel like life just ain't worth going through right now, I feel as though all this shit I'm doing in school right now is just going to lead me into a life of mediocrity. If it weren't for the fact that I rarely see my sister and mom I'd probably be dead by now.

Don't do shit you're not enjoying.

Ever.

Most of it isn't going to help your well being, or some shit about "we all gotta do things we don't want to do sometimes". Most of our parents lied to us about all that meaningless, routine garbage. It'll lead to mediocrity, yes, and a lot worse.

Happy Cycler
I truly discovered the La's yesterday, by that I mean, looking past their big hit and I uncovered an absolute treasure chest of pop gems, beautiful melodies and a 9/10 album. So good.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Posts Quantity
2+2 = 5

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground