This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Rather than start a thread I am going to post it in here, basically for part of my degree I need to find colour grainy images/ saturated rich photography of anything early to mid 20th century, I remember seeing a link to colour photography from Russia in the early twentieth century - If someone could link me to this I would be eternally grateful. Any suggestions too would be hugely appreciated.

If not then no worries!

EDIT: found the russia in the 20th century ones, but any suggestions would be fantastic!
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
fujee wrote:Rather than start a thread I am going to post it in here, basically for part of my degree I need to find colour grainy images/ saturated rich photography of anything early to mid 20th century, I remember seeing a link to colour photography from Russia in the early twentieth century - If someone could link me to this I would be eternally grateful. Any suggestions too would be hugely appreciated.

If not then no worries!

EDIT: found the russia in the 20th century ones, but any suggestions would be fantastic!

This might help you!

America in Color from 1939-1943 (Rare Colored Photographs from the Great Depression)

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/20 ... 1943/2363/

Happy Cycler
polar sky wrote:
This might help you!

America in Color from 1939-1943 (Rare Colored Photographs from the Great Depression)

thanks alot man these are great!

if you know/anyone knows of any particularly good colour WW2 photos that would also be awesome
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
fujee wrote:
polar sky wrote:
This might help you!

thanks alot man these are great!

if you know/anyone knows of any particularly good colour WW2 photos that would also be awesome

Here are some fantastic WWII era colored photos:
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011 ... or/100122/

Also:

Last edited by polar sky on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
polar sky wrote:Here are some fantastic WWII era colored photos:
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011 ... or/100122/

Beautiful pictures!
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
polar sky you are a true gent, thank you very much, these are wonderful - I shall post my subsequent exhibition piece if you or anyone else is interested!

Happy Cycler
fujee wrote:polar sky you are a true gent, thank you very much, these are wonderful - I shall post my subsequent exhibition piece if you or anyone else is interested!

You're welcome! And I would love to see your subsequent exhibition piece! Please post when you can.

Happy Cycler
Man, these are amazing!

Nova Scotia Robot
mechanismj wrote:Man, these are amazing!

Seconded.

Dayvan Cowboy
I rode on the bus yesterday and the driver stopped by a liquor store, ran inside for 2 minutes, and got back on.

After the next few lights he said, "I'm gonna get a hit offa that stuff now" and drank booze from a paper bag. There were 3 passengers including myself and we are regulars so I think that's cool.

Happy Cycler
Lens Larque wrote:I rode on the bus yesterday and the driver stopped by a liquor store, ran inside for 2 minutes, and got back on.

After the next few lights he said, "I'm gonna get a hit offa that stuff now" and drank booze from a paper bag. There were 3 passengers including myself and we are regulars so I think that's cool.

That is hilarious!

Posts Quantity
Has anyone skydived before? I'd so love to do it and this video makes the temptation even bigger

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't think I'm ever going to find any shrooms :\
fuck you weather
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Dayvan Cowboy
Numerator wrote:I don't think I'm ever going to find any shrooms :\
fuck you weather
your baaaaack!

Dayvan Cowboy
Synthestesia wrote:
fuck you weather
your baaaaack!

I'M ENJOYING A TREAT DERRICK
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Dayvan Cowboy
Numerator wrote:
Synthestesia wrote:
fuck you weather
your baaaaack!

I'M ENJOYING A TREAT DERRICK
:D oh boy the memories...

Dayvan Cowboy
fire alarm going off 30 minutes ago, it's 4:30 am now..

there's no smoke, there's no flame, carbon monoxide alarm isn't going off, but it smells like something's burning

stove is off, microwave off, everything off

everything on (computers) doesn't smell like smoke

no sleep..

Happy Cycler
I hope I don't meet the girl who's perfect for me then find out she insists on having children.

Cuz' then, I'd have to break up with her, you know.

Guess she wouldn't be that perfect either.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Rather than start a thread I am going to post it in here, basically for part of my degree I need to find colour grainy images/ saturated rich photography of anything early to mid 20th century, I remember seeing a link to colour photography from Russia in the early twentieth century - If someone could link me to this I would be eternally grateful. Any suggestions too would be hugely appreciated.

If not then no worries!

Buy a droid x and take pictures. The camera on that phone is so grainy already. =\

Sherbet Head
Rodheh wrote:I hope I don't meet the girl who's perfect for me then find out she insists on having children.

Cuz' then, I'd have to break up with her, you know.

Guess she wouldn't be that perfect either.

For me that's a win-win.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground