This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Unless this forum is constantly occupied by 60 or so lurkers, thats definitely an error
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

I saved that woohoo picture to my hard drive.

I always see a TON of lurkers down at the bottom. It's so weird.

Eagle Minded
One of these days I'm going to show all you guys my screwdriver guitar meanderings....one day.

Dayvan Cowboy
If you took all of the world's dictators/bad leaders/hated political figures. I'm talking stalin, hitler, thatcher, etc. Ones that are hated for the most part, or that you hate, and threw 'em in one room. All together. You see them. You're filled with anger, hatred.. just a grotesque mix of feelings.

Then, they're all turned into a bunch of five year olds. Filled with innocence, laughing, playing with old toys..

I don't know how this thought occurred to me, but when it did.. I was filled with a mixture of feelings, mostly of sadness. Kinda like that pre-crying feeling.

Happy Cycler
Waterbagel wrote:If you took all of the world's dictators/bad leaders/hated political figures. I'm talking stalin, hitler, thatcher, etc. Ones that are hated for the most part, or that you hate, and threw 'em in one room. All together. You see them. You're filled with anger, hatred.. just a grotesque mix of feelings.

Then, they're all turned into a bunch of five year olds. Filled with innocence, laughing, playing with old toys..

I don't know how this thought occurred to me, but when it did.. I was filled with a mixture of feelings, mostly of sadness. Kinda like that pre-crying feeling.

Certainly makes you re-examine the situation. Good thinking does that. They played their part in human history, and if they didn't certainly someone else would have.

Sherbet Head
OverTheHorizonRadar wrote:One of these days I'm going to show all you guys my screwdriver guitar meanderings....one day.

Ok Ephrim.
Lens Larque wrote:For a while I was wondering what happened to the Depression thread and I was not sure if that was good or bad news.

Eagle Minded
Cryabetes wrote:
OverTheHorizonRadar wrote:One of these days I'm going to show all you guys my screwdriver guitar meanderings....one day.

Ok Ephrim.

It's like that but with ridiculous delay so I can build chords out of it...I dunno, I just think it sounds cool

Happy Cycler
Well, I'm going to go see Puscifer in a few hours.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Rodheh wrote:Well, I'm going to go see Puscifer in a few hours.
Ooh..that'll be a good show.

Sherbet Head

Happy Cycler
2020k wrote:

It was. Also, MJK is easily as great of a singer live as he is on the studio recordings. I get the feeling they do very little to modify his voice in post.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
I have to admit, I'd watch soap operas if they made them all like this ;)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xj7yzi ... -drama_fun

Dayvan Cowboy
MrMessiah wrote:I have to admit, I'd watch soap operas if they made them all like this ;)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xj7yzi ... -drama_fun

HA! that's brilliant!

Posts Quantity
Reading about the end of civilization is starting to make my head hurt.
bhn

Happy Cycler
aged sea wrote:Reading about the end of civilization is starting to make my head hurt.

What in particular are you reading?

Posts Quantity
Oh a variety of stuff, starting with Ted Kaczyinski's manifesto, then a number of other critics.

Don't worry I'm not going to become a nutter bomber or anything.

But the topic is hard to get one's head around.
bhn

Sherbet Head
Rodheh wrote:
2020k wrote:

It was. Also, MJK is easily as great of a singer live as he is on the studio recordings. I get the feeling they do very little to modify his voice in post.
I've always wondered why people make a big deal about if a vocalist uses effects or other things to modify their natural voice.

Happy Cycler
Made some Mario Sprite Ornaments out of Perler Beads:

Posts Quantity
Julian Candy wrote:Image

REVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUPREVUP

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground