This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Anyone know a way I can record with an onboard laptop mic without either:
a shit-ton of static
or
noise reduction that completely ruin the recording
?

Happy Cycler
onboard laptop mic

Unfortunately, no.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
i was bored and ended up googling "santa's belly" HOLYFUCK THE INTERNET'S WEIRD

Dayvan Cowboy

Posts Quantity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBCOv8g1 ... 7URwQZdx1M

all guitar enthusiasts need to watch this

Dayvan Cowboy
LAME

Happy Cycler

Sherbet Head

they should hand these out at graduations instead of diplomas.

Sherbet Head

Happy Cycler
Spenner wrote:somehow stumbled on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbRWZrb1 ... re=related

:shock:

Weird! I spent 2 and a half hours earlier today watching this...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2652553091

Same production company apparently. It's got a bit of a biblical slant to it, but I've heard about the Iron Mountain report and there is some powerful information in it.

Synchromysticism for the win!

Dayvan Cowboy
Here is status I saw on facebook multiple times

"There is someone whose birthday recognition is coming up. He is the Greatest man in history named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called him Master. Had no degree, yet they called him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called him Healer. Had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today. Re-post if you believe Jesus is the reason for the season Sadly, 97% of Facebook users won't repost this. When Jesus died on the cross, He was thinking of you. If you are the 3% who cares, repost and like this. Repost if you love God. He already saw you read it"

I'm tired of seeing these. I also saw one that was literally like "If you don't repost this your on the devil's side" or something. I'm tired of seeing crap like this. It's anoying and shows how subjective people are to things like that. It's ridiculous.

Eagle Minded
Merry Christmas Twoism!

Happy Cycler
Syberia wrote:Merry Christmas Twoism!

Merry Twoism, Christmas!

Telepath
Christ mass!

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:
Spenner wrote:somehow stumbled on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbRWZrb1 ... re=related

:shock:

Weird! I spent 2 and a half hours earlier today watching this...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2652553091

Same production company apparently. It's got a bit of a biblical slant to it, but I've heard about the Iron Mountain report and there is some powerful information in it.

Synchromysticism for the win!

These are cool as fuck

Synthestesia wrote:Here is status I saw on facebook multiple times

"There is someone whose birthday recognition is coming up. He is the Greatest man in history named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called him Master. Had no degree, yet they called him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called him Healer. Had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today. Re-post if you believe Jesus is the reason for the season Sadly, 97% of Facebook users won't repost this. When Jesus died on the cross, He was thinking of you. If you are the 3% who cares, repost and like this. Repost if you love God. He already saw you read it"

I'm tired of seeing these. I also saw one that was literally like "If you don't repost this your on the devil's side" or something. I'm tired of seeing crap like this. It's anoying and shows how subjective people are to things like that. It's ridiculous.
A friend on my Facebook posts statuses every year about how she hates it when people write Xmas and will start spelling the holiday season Christ-mas with the dash because it's his birthday and it's because of him we're celebrating. Blah, blah, blah, religion down the throat.

That shit and angry customers who yell at retail worker because they're out of stock on an item or something are the worst things about Christmas.

Everyone celebrates for different reasons. Everyone should be respectful of those reasonings. I celebrate simply because I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. And I also like watching their faces light up if we decide to do a gift exchange. Everyone loves that I do that portion of it, but then there are Jesus freaks who freak out because I occasionally write Xmas. Sigh.

Dayvan Cowboy
i am bothered by the fact that people like to complain about "having" to be politically correct more than the amount of want of political correctness by the people that wanted that political correctness
(forgive the horridly awkward wording. it.. was an awkward thought to.. what's the verb form of "effable?" eff? fine, eff. it was a difficult sentence to eff).

but in the end, i really don't think people would be bothered all that much if you said "merry christmas," or whatever it is you celebrate. it's what you celebrate. you have the freedom to do so, and you have the freedom to express your celebration. don't try to force it on others, as it's rude, and they probably have their own customs, whether they celebrate a holiday for religious reasons or simply enjoy the time of public merriment and family-time. but, i kinda see it as..

let's say i say "merry christmas" to someone. i would be offering them a warm greeting from the traditions and practices of the christmas celebration. then, suppose they say "happy chanukah" back to me. they are simply doing the same; presenting me with a warm "Hello!" (or, "Shalom!" in this case, i guess) as a sort of representative of that sort of culture. just as i did.

it's a warm greeting and both parties are merry with the season of celebration after a successful harvest (okay, the harvest isn't as big of a deal now, but whatever, it's a nice thought)

only reason any retail or business says happy holidays is so they don't lose business; no altruistic reason at all

tl;dr - someone says "happy/merry XXXXXX"? they're being friendly. be friendly, too. it's a good time to do it.

as an aside, since it's right in my face, i still love the album artwork for OOT4.

2020k wrote:Everyone celebrates for different reasons. Everyone should be respectful of those reasonings. I celebrate simply because I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.

this is an even more eloquent tl;dr for my awkward post.

Dayvan Cowboy
Well now my facebook wall is filled with "Happy Birthday Jesus! *15 likes*"

Boqurant

Merry Christmas. =w=

Sherbet Head
2020k wrote:
Synthestesia wrote:( )
A friend on my Facebook posts statuses every year about how she hates it when people write Xmas and will start spelling the holiday season Christ-mas with the dash because it's his birthday and it's because of him we're celebrating. Blah, blah, blah, religion down the throat.

This is why I abbreviate other holidays like Xannakuh and Xwanzaa and Xinter Xolxtixe, so the rest of my religious friends don't feel left out.
Lens Larque wrote:For a while I was wondering what happened to the Depression thread and I was not sure if that was good or bad news.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground