This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Happy Cycler
I TOLD YOU DOG
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
I TOLD YOU ABOUT THOSE STAIRS BRO

Happy Cycler
Just thought I'd share this: http://www.erowid.org/plants/mimosa/mim ... try1.shtml

For any of you Psychedelic voyagers out there who might be interested, I know a few people who tried this method of DMT extraction and were highly satisfied with their experiences.

Plus, you can do it with a very minimal set up. So long as you don't get caught.

Happy Cycler

Sherbet Head
Synthestesia wrote:Here is status I saw on facebook multiple times

"There is someone whose birthday recognition is coming up. He is the Greatest man in history named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called him Master. Had no degree, yet they called him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called him Healer. Had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today. Re-post if you believe Jesus is the reason for the season Sadly, 97% of Facebook users won't repost this. When Jesus died on the cross, He was thinking of you. If you are the 3% who cares, repost and like this. Repost if you love God. He already saw you read it"

I'm tired of seeing these. I also saw one that was literally like "If you don't repost this your on the devil's side" or something. I'm tired of seeing crap like this. It's anoying and shows how subjective people are to things like that. It's ridiculous.
Dare somebody posts "happy holidays!" on facebook you get a buncha extremists talking about how CHRISTmas is a CHRISTan celebration and this holiday bull crap is blasphemy. And I wonder how many of those people have one of those tacky "coexist" tags on their car.

Happy Cycler
Vexille wrote:

"There is someone whose birthday recognition is coming up. He is the Greatest man in history named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called him Master. Had no degree, yet they called him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called him Healer. Had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today. Re-post if you believe Jesus is the reason for the season Sadly, 97% of Facebook users won't repost this. When Jesus died on the cross, He was thinking of you. If you are the 3% who cares, repost and like this. Repost if you love God. He already saw you read it"

I'm tired of seeing these. I also saw one that was literally like "If you don't repost this your on the devil's side" or something. I'm tired of seeing crap like this. It's anoying and shows how subjective people are to things like that. It's ridiculous.
Dare somebody posts "happy holidays!" on facebook you get a buncha extremists talking about how CHRISTmas is a CHRISTan celebration and this holiday bull crap is blasphemy. And I wonder how many of those people have one of those tacky "coexist" tags on their car.

Jesus was way cool and all...

But the celebrations that we now call Christmas were around THOUSANDS of years before Jesus ever walked the Earth. If only the extremists actually had some form of critical thinking and did some simple research they would think twice before speaking. Fuck, they still haven't figured out, "Thou shall not judge lest ye be judged yourself".

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh man just caught one in action. Here is an actually copied and pasted status "When u carry a Bible, the devil gets a headache. When u open it, he collapses. When he see's u reading it, he faints. When he see's u living it , he flees. And just when ur about 2 re-post this, he will try & discourage you. I just defeated him. Like, Copy & paste if ur in God's Army"
:roll:
edit: I hate it so much when I see the word "ur"

Sherbet Head
The upper management at the company I work for uses cell phone abbreviations like that in official work-related emails. It's infuriating.

Sherbet Head
mechanismj wrote:
Vexille wrote:

Jesus was way cool and all...

But the celebrations that we now call Christmas were around THOUSANDS of years before Jesus ever walked the Earth. If only the extremists actually had some form of critical thinking and did some simple research they would think twice before speaking. Fuck, they still haven't figured out, "Thou shall not judge lest ye be judged yourself".

Dayvan Cowboy
there's a fog along the horizon.......
a strange glow in the sky.....

Happy Cycler
David foster wallace' writing is just incredible, his suicide was such a huge loss to writing, he was/is a genius
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:David foster wallace' writing is just incredible, his suicide was such a huge loss to writing, he was/is a genius

he really was
I read infinite jest over the summer - what an incredible book!
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Happy Cycler
Creepy Cult VHS Tape of brainwashed young women singing for "Their Dad" made for the head Cult Leader of the Cult Children Of God/The Family. :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZlhIDqBA90

Dayvan Cowboy
polar sky wrote:Creepy Cult VHS Tape of brainwashed young women singing for "Their Dad" made for the head Cult Leader of the Cult Children Of God/The Family. :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZlhIDqBA90
:shock:

Happy Cycler
Numerator wrote:
fujee wrote:David foster wallace' writing is just incredible, his suicide was such a huge loss to writing, he was/is a genius

he really was
I read infinite jest over the summer - what an incredible book!

consider the lobster and oblivion are great too, his essays are very funny
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
I mean, I obviously knew, but it never really dawned on me until I glanced quickly over the home page and noticed this.

Everybody always talks about 2012 and well, now here it is.

Happy Cycler
Rodheh wrote:I mean, I obviously knew, but it never really dawned on me until I glanced quickly over the home page and noticed this.

Everybody always talks about 2012 and well, now here it is.

We're through the looking glass here, people.

Happy Cycler
Any resolutions that people are actually going to keep?

Movitation to see things through is often very hard, but I respect people that hold their word. I hope everyone keeps a resolution they have made or are continuing to keep :)

Mine are:

to run more often
to do more artwork often
try and be pro active in every situation
enjoy myself
go to bed earlier on week nights

how about you peoples?

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Any resolutions that people are actually going to keep?

Movitation to see things through is often very hard, but I respect people that hold their word. I hope everyone keeps a resolution they have made or are continuing to keep :)

Mine are:

to run more often
to do more artwork often
try and be pro active in every situation
enjoy myself
go to bed earlier on week nights

how about you peoples?

Write more music
Take better care of myself
Stop buying music equipment (with the exception of consumables like strings/cables) until next year.
Lens Larque wrote:For a while I was wondering what happened to the Depression thread and I was not sure if that was good or bad news.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground