This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Bought this MBV Loveless Promo Poster (Big 40x27) several years ago, never seen another since, anyone else? (Sorry for the shitty photos):

Last edited by polar sky on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Cycler
Thats cool man, never seen it before though.

Bilinda is so beautiful..
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Nova Scotia Robot

BURT WARD!

Eagle Minded
In conclusion, long jumping backwards up staircases does not work so well in reality. Looks like I'll have to find another way to fly through my door.
You're gonna carry that weight.

Happy Cycler

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Thats cool man, never seen it before though.

Bilinda is so beautiful..

But Debbie is way cooler man
Lens Larque wrote:For a while I was wondering what happened to the Depression thread and I was not sure if that was good or bad news.

Telepath
Lenny Kravits ruined it for me.

time it took to make this mash-up: 5 minutes.

Nova Scotia Robot
Cupz wrote:Lenny Kravits ruined it for me.

lol, that actually works quite well.

747Music wrote:
Cupz wrote:Lenny Kravits ruined it for me.

lol, that actually works quite well.

Happy Cycler
That made me want to spend a bunch of time on a clean sounding version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38909028/mashup5.MP3

Great idea Cupz!
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Eagle Minded
Feeling kinda down, anyone have any super-preposterously-happy music to kick me in the ass?

Dayvan Cowboy
Music-making block is coming over me.
The problem with liking a lot of music is that there's so much where I'm just like, "Whoa. That is so much better than what I'm doing".
MAAAANNN

Telepath
Treefingers wrote:Music-making block is coming over me.
The problem with liking a lot of music is that there's so much where I'm just like, "Whoa. That is so much better than what I'm doing".
MAAAANNN
Good ridance of awefull blockage. I hate that shit.

Try to learn from other music and find that certain something that you have and other musicians don't.

Happy Cycler
Finally going to finish my Music Video! Went down to Nashville to shoot some scenes and finally finishing another scene this weekend. My EP is about finished, all that's left is mastering the last track and it will finally be finished. Here are some stills from the video:

Eagle Minded
polar sky wrote:Finally going to finish my Music Video! Went down to Nashville to shoot some scenes and finally finishing another scene this weekend. My EP is about finished, all that's left is mastering the last track and it will finally be finished. Here are some stills from the video:

Oh man those look really awesome!

Telepath
polar, does this have his own thread yet? I know you've posted about this before. I'm glad to see the project is going well, must be really exciting! Those stills look great.

Happy Cycler
Cupz wrote:polar, does this have his own thread yet? I know you've posted about this before. I'm glad to see the project is going well, must be really exciting! Those stills look great.

Yeah I think I made one a while ago but that was for my Indigogo campaign, but I just wanted to post it in Random cause it's not finished yet, I'll make a thread for it posting a link to download/watch the video along with my new EP very soon!

Thanks for the kind words, it's been really fun making this. I'm really proud of it.

Went to go see two DJs last night who did a set together. Googled all of the cool tracks they did....none of the mixes were done by them, but things that already existed online.

I feel blue balled because I thought they were awesome. :(

Sherbet Head
2020k wrote:Went to go see two DJs last night who did a set together. Googled all of the cool tracks they did....none of the mixes were done by them, but things that already existed online.

I know it's not really a fair thing to say...but this is how I feel about cover bands covering "dad rock". Basically anything pre-80s. :?

Happy Cycler
Vexille wrote:
2020k wrote:Went to go see two DJs last night who did a set together. Googled all of the cool tracks they did....none of the mixes were done by them, but things that already existed online.

I know it's not really a fair thing to say...but this is how I feel about cover bands covering "dad rock". Basically anything pre-80s. :?

Anything Pre-80s is Dad Rock? I disagree.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground