This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Everything's coming up Milhouse!
Lens Larque wrote:For a while I was wondering what happened to the Depression thread and I was not sure if that was good or bad news.

Saw. Fiona. Fucking. Apple. Oh my God. Amazing.

Dayvan Cowboy
God damn it, I'm way to awkward on Facebook Chat when I'm hopelessly in love with the other party. ADVICE?

Sherbet Head
talk to them in real life, use one word responses on fb chat.
Lens Larque wrote:For a while I was wondering what happened to the Depression thread and I was not sure if that was good or bad news.

Dayvan Cowboy
Cryabetes wrote:talk to them in real life, use one word responses on fb chat.

That's the weirdest thing. I'm absolutely fine in real life, but I don't get to see her so much these days so being shy in text-form is all I got!

Happy Cycler
I kinda like having loads of shit to do because it makes the time off sweeter. Currently I have nothing to do for months and it's kinda boring, I feel I should be doing something more constructive.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Nova Scotia Robot
fujee wrote:I kinda like having loads of shit to do because it makes the time off sweeter. Currently I have nothing to do for months and it's kinda boring, I feel I should be doing something more constructive.

I like your post count. :wink:

Sherbet Head
I hate neoliberalism.

And so do you.

And if you don't, it's just that you don't realise that you do

-Snuf

Dayvan Cowboy
Snufkin wrote:I hate neoliberalism.

And so do you.

-Snuf

Let's team up, travel back in time, and defeat Thatcher and Reagan!

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm so happy about being less awkward in today's repeat of the situation I reported!

Happy Cycler
Man, I kind of feel bad for a post I made in the BoC forum, but sometimes it's really difficult to get a point across without coming off sounding rude.

I'm surprised how little anyone has to be rude to get points across here on average though. Still a great community.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Sherbet Head
Treefingers wrote:
Snufkin wrote:I hate neoliberalism.

And so do you.

-Snuf

Let's team up, travel back in time, and defeat Thatcher and Reagan!

Might wanna go back a bit more and get the 'Chicago Boys' (their individual names escape me at the moment).

Sherbet Head
Rodheh wrote:Man, I kind of feel bad for a post I made in the BoC forum, but sometimes it's really difficult to get a point across without coming off sounding rude.

I'm surprised how little anyone has to be rude to get points across here on average though. Still a great community.

I think it's because boards is too mellow for the typical 4chanesque spaz.
Now if they titled tracks like "Oscar Goatse-Through Red Eye", we'd probably have more posts despite the overall total same number of characters used.

Eagle Minded
HAPPY CAPS LOCK DAY, GO YELL AT SOMEONE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!
You're gonna carry that weight.

Happy Cycler
Cryabetes wrote:
Rodheh wrote:Man, I kind of feel bad for a post I made in the BoC forum, but sometimes it's really difficult to get a point across without coming off sounding rude.

Now if they titled tracks like "Oscar Goatse-Through Red Eye", we'd probably have more posts despite the overall total same number of characters used.

You know what might spice up the forums a bit?

Rant Board.

Although it may not get used...

Sherbet Head
Rodheh wrote:
Cryabetes wrote:

Rant Board.

That already exists, and you're right, it doesn't get used.

Happy Cycler
Julian Candy wrote:
Rodheh wrote:
Cryabetes wrote:

Rant Board.

That already exists, and you're right, it doesn't get used.

Maybe the rant thread doesn't get used, but I could imagine if there were a board for it maybe some of the more "restrained but obvious outburst of anger" type threads would pop up in there, and in a bit more truthful manner...

Happy Cycler
747Music wrote:
fujee wrote:I kinda like having loads of shit to do because it makes the time off sweeter. Currently I have nothing to do for months and it's kinda boring, I feel I should be doing something more constructive.

Sorry dude, I held out for as long as I could, post 748 it is!
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Nova Scotia Robot
fujee wrote:
747Music wrote:

Sorry dude, I held out for as long as I could, post 748 it is!

Thanks man. It was good while it lasted. lol :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Would a Tascam DP-004 portable four-track be a good purchase, does anyone know?

I'm thinking it would be better for recording than what I'm doing now (microphone from the MicroKORG plugged into the laptop), which isn't *amazing* quality (quite a bit of hiss, but otherwise just about sufficient quality).

CONSUMER ADVIZE THREAD

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground