This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
I fucking love Yo La Tengo. That is all.
"Life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you." -Slavoj Zizek

Sherbet Head
as of this year, it would appear that drinking alcohol makes my shoulder HURT. intensely.

random and mean, life. cheers pal.

Happy Cycler
Is it weird that I quite often put tunes into audacity and increase/decrease the pitch to see if I like them more or less in different keys? :lol:
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Is it weird that I quite often put tunes into audacity and increase/decrease the pitch to see if I like them more or less in different keys? :lol:

you're so special.

Happy Cycler
Wu Tang Clan sound good decreased haha
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Nova Scotia Robot
fujee wrote:Is it weird that I quite often put tunes into audacity and increase/decrease the pitch to see if I like them more or less in different keys? :lol:

I do that too! In Sony's SoundForge though.

Sherbet Head
Has anyone ever had a dream so good that you feel horribly depressed when you wake up back in reality? This just happened to me.

Sherbet Head
Julian Candy wrote:Has anyone ever had a dream so good that you feel horribly depressed when you wake up back in reality? This just happened to me.

ha yeah usually about people that are no longer in my life for whatever reason. those dreams can ruin the whole day.

Dayvan Cowboy
louise wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:Has anyone ever had a dream so good that you feel horribly depressed when you wake up back in reality? This just happened to me.

ha yeah usually about people that are no longer in my life for whatever reason. those dreams can ruin the whole day.

So true.

SO HORRIBLY TRUE.

Posts Quantity
Amo Bishop Roden wrote:I fucking love Yo La Tengo. That is all.

pass the hatchet, i think i'm goodkind

Sherbet Head
Treefingers wrote:
louise wrote:

So true.

SO HORRIBLY TRUE.

ill say. its been happening quite alot recently, think christmas sentiment brings out the worst in my sleepy brain.

Dayvan Cowboy
man i do this same thing way to often. It makes me feel like garbage

Sherbet Head
Treefingers wrote:
louise wrote:

So true.

SO HORRIBLY TRUE.

I remember me specifically saying "This is the best day of my life!" during my dream, then I woke up to realize that I had missed an appointment.

Dayvan Cowboy
I've biked two miles to work every single day, on the same route, in bike lanes, for over a year and a half. That's over 2,000 miles through rain, hail, and snow.

Today, I finally got hit on my bike by a lady in a minivan, although I was lit up like a motherfucker wearing a bright yellow jacket, and flashing lights. Wasn't even snowing. What the actual fuck? I'm surprised I walked away from that one to be honest.

This city has the worst drivers in the country, hands down.

Sherbet Head
zeitgeist wrote:I've biked two miles to work every single day, on the same route, in bike lanes, for over a year and a half. That's over 2,000 miles through rain, hail, and snow.

Today, I finally got hit on my bike by a lady in a minivan, although I was lit up like a motherfucker wearing a bright yellow jacket, and flashing lights. Wasn't even snowing. What the actual fuck? I'm surprised I walked away from that one to be honest.

This city has the worst drivers in the country, hands down.

wow thats crazy. glad you're ok!

Sherbet Head
My favorite brand of cereal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7sjaTI-RDU

Happy Cycler

Every. Fucking. Day.
"It's been a long time..."

Eagle Minded

I've done similar - more often than not for the tempo change (including with a few BOC tunes, as some will probably recall!)

louise wrote:

I've not had many, but maybe a few disappointments... My usually uneventful life enlivened by something much more interesting - going places or seeing something great - and then realising it hasn't really happened. Those ones where I'd wish I could just go back in, take a photograph or video recording and somehow bring it back to the waking dimension.

However, during the most recent of these that I can remember, some way through, I became all too aware it wasn't real - too muddled, as dreams often are. But I was actually very contented with having clocked this within the dream, so I quite happily just turned away and drifted out of it!

I don't think my brain allows me to experience really great dreams. In fact, maybe that's the flipside; the majority of mine are either straight out fear-filled nightmares, or dull but panicky ones where things go wrong in a horribly plausible way (possibly the worst). Perhaps I'd rather have the nice ones instead of those... I can't be sure.

Dayvan Cowboy
Betacord wrote:I don't think my brain allows me to experience really great dreams. In fact, maybe that's the flipside; the majority of mine are either straight out fear-filled nightmares, or dull but panicky ones where things go wrong in a horribly plausible way (possibly the worst). Perhaps I'd rather have the nice ones instead of those... I can't be sure.

damn.. don't mean to brag or anything but dreams are absolutely imperative to me.. I get legitimately upset when I can't remember dreams/haven't had any lately. I've hit the point where every so often I can lucid dream and it is absolutely amazing. I say this with no exaggeration- I can do whatever I want in them. I seen some seriously amazing things... and I can fly whenever I think about it. Sometimes the experience is so overwhelming that I wake up lol.

But yeah nightmares are downright terrible but somehow I've trained myself to only have them when I sleep on my back. And yeah like you said, I wish there was someway to archive dreams or capture them... hopefully in the future that will real.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Happy Cycler
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground