This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Julian Candy wrote:
pianoforte wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:
Treefingers wrote:It's becoming apparent that I'm one of the the only people in my friendship group now who have never been in a relationship.

That's both a downer on its own and because it's a really lame thing to feel mildly down about.

Same here buddy. It's especially uncomfortable when they start talking about that kind of stuff around you.

I wouldn't feel so bad about this if I were you. The right person will come along eventually. It's not good to be in a relationship with someone who you don't really love just so you feel a little less awkward around your friends.

It's more about self worth really.

I don't have a girlfriend and I love myself. Just because you haven't yet found that someone doesn't mean you are a shitty person.
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Dayvan Cowboy
pianoforte wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:
Treefingers wrote:It's becoming apparent that I'm one of the the only people in my friendship group now who have never been in a relationship.

That's both a downer on its own and because it's a really lame thing to feel mildly down about.

Same here buddy. It's especially uncomfortable when they start talking about that kind of stuff around you.

I wouldn't feel so bad about this if I were you. The right person will come along eventually. It's not good to be in a relationship with someone who you don't really love just so you feel a little less awkward around your friends.

I guess you're right. It's just getting me down that I've met people who I've felt quite strongly about, but haven't really known what to do or just have assumed they didn't feel the same way.

I think the fact that I've had some mild anxiety (I think -- been worrying about the dumbest things to the point where it was sometimes hard to enjoy music or films or TV or whatever usually can cheer me up) and the fact that it looks like I'll be spending New Years alone. Also, the future's more uncertain than previously, due to being out of university and looking for work that may or may not exist.

Here's hoping I'll cheer up after New Years Eve; got a party I want to go to and I don't want to be miserable to the person whose going-away party it is.

Sorry for the moans, folks.

I'll try to resume normal broadcasting soooon.

Dayvan Cowboy
Resumed recording music again. It is the best stuff I've made yet.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Sherbet Head
I just sat through an over 200 post thread regarding how attractive the characters of the Silent Hill series are.

It was a fun read. :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
TaoTapeTao wrote:Resumed recording music again. It is the best stuff I've made yet.

I can't wait to hear some of it! :)

Dayvan Cowboy
On another note, for the first time in recorded history I actually have a good ratio on a torrent site! Wow! :D

Eagle Minded
I think that at some point in their life, everyone should have to sand something. Just so they appreciate how much work it takes for such small details sometimes!
You're gonna carry that weight.

Happy Cycler
I want to visit Iceland so much
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:I want to visit Iceland so much

THIIIIIIIIS

Happy Cycler
Treefingers wrote:

THIIIIIIIIS

Lets go mate!
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head

The Telepathic Kid wrote:try being me.

I seem to rub everyone the wrong way.

It's not my fault my opinions are wrong ;_;
I like TTK. :)

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
Anyone here ever worked for a record label? I'm sending speculative e-mails out to a few for internships or whatever, and wondered if anyone had any hints.

Posts Quantity
I have an interview for a systems analyst job and I am barely (read: knowledge=next to none) qualified. I am freaking out. Must learn everything in about SQL Server in about 10 days.

Ack.
bhn

Sherbet Head
Met a girl the other day...

and
she
of
canada.

Thank you, God.
"Life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you." -Slavoj Zizek

aged sea wrote:I have an interview for a systems analyst job and I am barely (read: knowledge=next to none) qualified. I am freaking out. Must learn everything in about SQL Server in about 10 days.

Ack.
Good luck!

Amo Bishop Roden wrote:Met a girl the other day...

and
she
of
canada.

Thank you, God.

Good luck!!! :D

Happy Cycler

Jack Kerouac mugshot from when he was arrested for Marijuana possession. Looks so different!

Dayvan Cowboy

and
she
of
canada.

Thank you, God.

I need detailed information on how you found a girl who knows about BoC. NO-fucking-W. :D

Alternatively, does she have a sister? haha

Sherbet Head
pianoforte wrote:

and
she
of
canada.

Thank you, God.

I need detailed information on how you found a girl who knows about BoC. NO-fucking-W. :D

Alternatively, does she have a sister? haha

Well, she sat next to me in my calc lecture out of the blue last week, noticed the BoC sticker on my laptop at the end of class, and freaked. We've hung out a little, and I must say I really like her. I'm inviting her out for sushi tomorrow, waiting to see how that goes.

God, I feel like I'm in high school whenever I describe situations like this, haha.

And I'll check on the sister situation 8)
"Life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you." -Slavoj Zizek

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground