The Sell/Trade BoC Merch Thread

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and just give it away to random people? Just pay it into the ether, dude.

i did think about doing a giveaway or just giving them to friends etc but..... i'd rather them go to people who might actually appreciate them
*farts*

idk

Eagle Minded
Ed209 wrote: Paul, the video thing is a completely different point than the accusations that are being raised in this FOR TRADE/SALE thread. Is he a victim that he HAD to edit a fan video? Did he get a ton of self promotional traffic for a sweet video? can you find related links to his other creative work or website or portfolio from that fan video? i havent seen the video, so maybe i dont understand what a selfless gift to the community it was. I guess I don't really get your first point.

The problem I have with creativeowlet is the unwarranted vitriol about something that doesn't really concern him. I mean, seanandcandy and the cronies are thinking I beat people up and stole gear from the hands of the less fortunate. Warp had boxes of posters. After that first rush, most people took off. Everybody got theirs. There was NOBODY on the sidelines crying into their beer over not getting something. I would have gladly given any extras I had to that person. The concept of that mythical person who was there and didn't get anything has yet to come forward. (That idea sounds good though.) There was no premeditation to "CASH IN", or to engage in profiteering off of this event. If you buy something like this at a show, $20-30 is nowhere near an "inflated price". You want a villain? Go talk to $300 used MHTRTC guy.

I know I'm speaking to a hyperbolic community on a messageboard, but its still important that we stick to the facts.

fair enough Ed, i was just running interference here. i know there are scads who are happy to pay more than a fair price - at auction, but was just pointing out that selling what were freebies might ruin the experience a little bit for some. hell, go for it and set a new record, but you know - you gotta appreciate that some might feel that the free trade of these little treasures makes them even more special. you too made the haul - so you are within your right to do whatever you so choose with your goodies. just trying to make sense of both sides here ok?

i only brought up the video as you questioned his contribution and seriously, it really is something special and a labor of love. it was one of the only ones released to the fan base immediately after the listening party ... so it is special.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Sherbet Head
Things I need:

Japanese promo cassettes - MHTRTC & Geogaddi
MHTRTC French Promo CD - http://www.discogs.com/Boards-Of-Canada ... se/1669229
The Campfire Headphase Promo CD- http://www.discogs.com/Boards-Of-Canada ... ase/523601
MHTRTC Japanese 2x CD edition - http://www.discogs.com/Boards-Of-Canada ... ase/781618
Aquarius 7"
MHTRTC Postcard
Campfire Headphase Postcard

Willing to pay good money and/or have many items that I would consider trading.

Posts Quantity
Looking for that sticker
http://bocpages.org/w/images/BoC_Sticker_2013.png

Willing to pay for it! (Want 2 of this)

Friendly Stranger
Yo Polar sky! I have one of the black BOC stickers that I'd love to swap for your blue one. Could mail it to you tomorrow.
I hate being bipolar, it's fucking brilliant!

Sherbet Head
Also looking for this sticker: http://bocpages.org/wiki/File:Boards-of ... ker-04.jpg

And all the Tomorrow's Harvest stickers.

Posts Quantity
seanandcandy wrote:Things i might be willing to part with via trade/cash:

Campfire Headphase Japanese CD, Mint/Still sealed
Small Campfire Headphase poster (the promo w/ white background) (Good condition)
Promo copy of Campfire Headphase, Card sleeve CD with insert (NM+)
MHTR digipak (warpcd55x, skald1) (Disk is flawless, sleeve seemingly had a sticker/tape which was removed that tore the cover a bit)
MAYBE Subway sized Geogaddi poster

Things i am after:

Sealed Campfire Headphase digipak
IABP postcard
MHTR postcard
Kaleidoscopic Geogaddi postcards
Both old Brown t-shirts
Magazines (RE:UP, Groove, TRAX, GO, XLR8, Cookie Scenes)

Willing to discuss trades/cash transfers for any of the items i am after
keep in mind i am a very generous man....

how much were you thinking for the geogaddi poster or the promo CD?
don't have much money to spare a the moment but i could offer up some non-BOC LPs or something to trade as well

Sherbet Head
i've got a rare Medium sized Brown shirt, the one with the nuclear family/rainbow etc.
worn/washed a few times, still in great shape and print is too but will only trade it for vinyl, don't want
cds, theyre easy to come by.

Posts Quantity
portiss wrote:I have all the cd's Boards of Canada have put out, except for Hi Scores. Does anybody have a spare High Scores cd, for a reasonable price? I really don't give a shit about which pressing it is.

PM me if you have a copy left.

I recently bought a copy on ebay.com (G/VG+ conditions) of Hi Scores cd for about 5$, plus 10$ for shipping costs..
You need to look there..surely there are other copies.

Dayvan Cowboy
MindElevation wrote:Also looking for this sticker: http://bocpages.org/wiki/File:Boards-of ... ker-04.jpg

And all the Tomorrow's Harvest stickers.

Look on the second page of this thread, polar sky has one.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Boqurant
Ed209 wrote:
paul wrote: your donation is certainly a benevolent gesture and that goes a long way. but to be fair - creativeowlet drove a long way on his own dime with some sweet gear and recorded a stellar video to share with all of us - plus he edited it all for days afterward, half-blasted out of his mind from sleep deprivation. a proper metric to tally up his contribution - putting all of those who could not be there ... there, well, yields: priceless. thats a good looking donation.

might have been nicer to have given maybe even just a couple to those who couldn't make - it or even traded? you can understand right? sure its a free market, and i know its tough times - a few bucks help, but money changing hands for freebies might be construed as less than savory eh?

Paul, the video thing is a completely different point than the accusations that are being raised in this FOR TRADE/SALE thread. Is he a victim that he HAD to edit a fan video? Did he get a ton of self promotional traffic for a sweet video? can you find related links to his other creative work or website or portfolio from that fan video? i havent seen the video, so maybe i dont understand what a selfless gift to the community it was. I guess I don't really get your first point.

The problem I have with creativeowlet is the unwarranted vitriol about something that doesn't really concern him. I mean, seanandcandy and the cronies are thinking I beat people up and stole gear from the hands of the less fortunate. Warp had boxes of posters. After that first rush, most people took off. Everybody got theirs. There was NOBODY on the sidelines crying into their beer over not getting something. I would have gladly given any extras I had to that person. The concept of that mythical person who was there and didn't get anything has yet to come forward. (That idea sounds good though.) There was no premeditation to "CASH IN", or to engage in profiteering off of this event. If you buy something like this at a show, $20-30 is nowhere near an "inflated price". You want a villain? Go talk to $300 used MHTRTC guy.

I know I'm speaking to a hyperbolic community on a messageboard, but its still important that we stick to the facts.

The video thing is totally different, yes. I did that because I wanted to. Paul nailed it though, gas is expensive and blah blah blah, but money changing hands for freebies- less than savory.

As for "facts" - Others have said they were not able to snag a large poster. Yes there were extra small ones to be had as time went on, but "sticking around" had nothing to do with the fact that the Large posters were snatched up by a greedy few in mere moments. I'll post a video of the melee when I have a chance to edit it if you like. Staying longer, which I did - had zero effect on being able to get your hands on a large poster.

Warp had ONE box of large posters. Those were gone in <3 minutes after they were set down, I have footage of it happening. People walked away with more than one. You were one of those people. Now you're profiting from that. Enjoy your ill gotten gains. You essentially took one out of the hands of someone who didn't get it.
Boards of Canada - Tomorrows Harvest - Lake Dolores Listening Party - 5/27/2013 HQ AUDIO http://youtu.be/t6G8gViaoVg

Sherbet Head
Guys ^ how about we chill out and just keep this thread to trading and selling BoC merch rather than arguing :)

Friendly Stranger
The video thing is totally different, yes. I did that because I wanted to. Paul nailed it though, gas is expensive and blah blah blah, but money changing hands for freebies- less than savory.

As for "facts" - Others have said they were not able to snag a large poster. Yes there were extra small ones to be had as time went on, but "sticking around" had nothing to do with the fact that the Large posters were snatched up by a greedy few in mere moments. I'll post a video of the melee when I have a chance to edit it if you like. Staying longer, which I did - had zero effect on being able to get your hands on a large poster.

Warp had ONE box of large posters. Those were gone in <3 minutes after they were set down, I have footage of it happening. People walked away with more than one. You were one of those people. Now you're profiting from that. Enjoy your ill gotten gains. You essentially took one out of the hands of someone who didn't get it.

Paul did nail it. I did drive out there. Twice. I was part of the OG Yermo crew, pre TH announcement, that I'm pretty sure was a catalyst for the Lake Delores event. Without Yermo, there wouldn't have been Lake Delores. In fact, I believe you've got a photo of mine proudly displayed on your instagram (boardsofcanada hashtags post event). So, no apology necessary and your welcome. Since you want to continue to spilt hairs, my wife and I were both there and we both got 1 large poster apiece. (it was a concerted team effort to screw people over). You've just been so convoluted in this entire conversation trying to pin blame and accusations for what reason, I don't know.

And if that's how you want to spend your time, editing,posting and analyzing product toss videos, then go right ahead. I think that says more about your character than it does mine. And hell, posters are in route today to people all over the country that couldn't have been there for ~$20. And, we're officially done now.
A wise man once said, haters gonna hate.

Boqurant
Ed209 wrote:Since you want to continue to spilt hairs, my wife and I were both there and we both got 1 large poster apiece. (it was a concerted team effort to screw people over). You've just been so convoluted in this entire conversation trying to pin blame and accusations for what reason, I don't know.

Now if you had just said that, instead of trying to claim that people could have gotten them if they didnt just "take off" this conversation might not have happened. As it was you were making false claims that anyone could have gotten a large poster by sticking around. that is simply not true.

The reason this touched a nerve is because some folks who were there didnt get them, and I think its a shame that if they want to try and get a hold of one now, the price has increased from 0, to well, any amount above 0.

On a lighter note - I'm thinking of a number between 1-1000. The closest guess will be receiving a mini poster and a sticker from me.
Boards of Canada - Tomorrows Harvest - Lake Dolores Listening Party - 5/27/2013 HQ AUDIO http://youtu.be/t6G8gViaoVg

Dayvan Cowboy
MindElevation wrote:Guys ^ how about we chill out and just keep this thread to trading and selling BoC merch rather than arguing :)

Seriously. If the two of you arguing want to continue, do so in your private messages please and thanks. We don't need this. :idea:
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Eagle Minded
creativeowlet wrote:On a lighter note - I'm thinking of a number between 1-1000. The closest guess will be receiving a mini poster and a sticker from me.

PlacentaSand wrote:One time I listened to Geogaddi and i got scared.

Boqurant
harpoon dodger wrote:
MindElevation wrote:Guys ^ how about we chill out and just keep this thread to trading and selling BoC merch rather than arguing :)

Seriously. If the two of you arguing want to continue, do so in your private messages please and thanks. We don't need this. :idea:

This, please. Not a good look. 8)
http://www.expresoritmico.com Cuban album design of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.

Boqurant
creativeowlet wrote:On a lighter note - I'm thinking of a number between 1-1000. The closest guess will be receiving a mini poster and a sticker from me.

http://www.expresoritmico.com Cuban album design of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.

Posts Quantity

Posts Quantity
its obviously 666

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada