This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Telepath
GH wrote:Hugh Grant :lol:

:wink:

From a guy who has his reversed initials as a username!

Dayvan Cowboy
pianoforte wrote:hugh grant is the greatest actor of all time in my opinion. just got finished watching most of one of the bridget jones diary films. soooooooo greatttttttttttt <3

am i the only guy who likes romance films?

Hugh Grant's Hamlet.

Oh... um... hmmm... to be... or... nnngh... not to... oh-um... ... be? That is the (trailing off) terribly awkward conundrum. *clear throat*

Happy Cycler
Treefingers wrote:
fujee wrote:Back home from Uni, for good this time. Feels so strange.

Been back home for about a year now (job hunting is a bastard, and a seemingly futile one at that). If your experience is anything like mine, it'll simultaneously get less strange but more strange in other ways.

I look forward to it :?
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
Treefingers wrote:Might watch Punch-Drunk Love tonight on Netflix. Seems like a good place to start with P. T. Anderson.

brilliant incredible masterful film.

Sandler is amazing.

Eagle Minded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlnicQi_bU0

Don't really know where to put this, but it's pretty cool if you like seeing song's individual parts.
You're gonna carry that weight.

Treefingers wrote:
pianoforte wrote:hugh grant is the greatest actor of all time in my opinion. just got finished watching most of one of the bridget jones diary films. soooooooo greatttttttttttt <3

am i the only guy who likes romance films?

Hugh Grant's Hamlet.

Oh... um... hmmm... to be... or... nnngh... not to... oh-um... ... be? That is the (trailing off) terribly awkward conundrum. *clear throat*

:lol:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
The Telepathic Kid wrote:
Treefingers wrote:Might watch Punch-Drunk Love tonight on Netflix. Seems like a good place to start with P. T. Anderson.

brilliant incredible masterful film.

Sandler is amazing.

Very much so. Brilliantly directed, too -- really illustrated the chaos of the protagonist's life. Was really impressed with Sandler, too: I kind of wish he'd do more films in this vein.

Happy Cycler
Can't sleep. Keep watching MBV videos from their tour. Take me baccck.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
louise wrote:you're so cute.

aaaaaaaaaand once again, you've made my year. :)

Treefingers wrote:Oh... um... hmmm... to be... or... nnngh... not to... oh-um... ... be? That is the (trailing off) terribly awkward conundrum. *clear throat*

That is very possibly the most hilarious thing I have ever read.

Dayvan Cowboy
Got a mild question about samples on Bandcamp. What's the chances of Bandcamp, say, removing a track if it contains uncleared (obvs, bruv) samples? Just asking because I'm starting to get back into using samples (i.e. I'm actually able to sample without being terrible at it, now, and it's way fun), and there might be a few on an EP I'm planning to release (with a pay-what-you-want thing, so it's not like it'll be samples used for a totally free release).

Cheers for answering if you can decipher my probably messy prose.

Happy Cycler
I find it really annoying that im terrified of losing my hair, nothing really yet, though I am beginning to obsess over my crown. Its stupid because I really shouldnt care at all but I do haha. Any balding Twoismers with some sage advice?

Telepath
fujee wrote:I find it really annoying that im terrified of losing my hair, nothing really yet, though I am beginning to obsess over my crown. Its stupid because I really shouldnt care at all but I do haha. Any balding Twoismers with some sage advice?

I'm not balding and I'm just 24 but sometimes startled by the amount of hair my comb after use. I shrug it off saying "Oh no I'm getting bald trolololo." and throwing the hairs away. My grandpa father-side was apparantly a quick balder, but grandpa mother-side had a very very nice coup, so I guess I shouldn't be to worried.

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:I find it really annoying that im terrified of losing my hair, nothing really yet, though I am beginning to obsess over my crown. Its stupid because I really shouldnt care at all but I do haha. Any balding Twoismers with some sage advice?

I never worry about that. On average I date 0 women a year so that can't get any worse anyway, hehe.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
pianoforte wrote:am i the only guy who likes romance films?

I love good romantic films, like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or Annie Hall.

No matter what you say, you have to admit that romance is the focal point of both of those films.

My problem is that romance is not portrayed realistically any more in these "romantic comedies".

It's just one person meets another person and they're awkwardly wedged together like a badly constructed model aeroplane.

Friendly Stranger
a few points

reach for the dead is interesting to listen to while on the way to a date

realised that i missed pharoah sanders in glasgow last year, two days afetr he played. felt awful. found out hes at the edinburgh jazz and blues fest this year. feel bloody class.

im well baked m8

Yeah, quit worrying about it. :wink:

I've always known I'd start losing my hair at some point - one look at my Dad told me that. So I decided early, once it started going, the lot gets shagged off with the clippers. And I used to have hair right down my back once upon a time.

Never regretted it. Hair is for the young and wookies.
Apart from Lemmy - that guy gets away with it.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
I'd know if I'd lose my hair if I ever knew my dad, but all of the males on my mothers family haven't lost their hair completely.

my grandfather's 80+ and still has a head of hair.

Happy Cycler
I've always thought that hair loss comes from your mother's side. Not sure if that's right - I hope not as my dad has a fine head of hair aged 60 (which has only recently started greying en masse too). While my grandad on my mam's was as bald as a coot.

I'm hoping I age like my Dad as he looks pretty darned cool at the moment..

Happy Cycler
Cupz - I think its natural to lose around 50-100 hairs a day, and from the pictures you've posted of yourself, you have nothing to worry about!

Mex - Yup, if it happens I'm just gonna go honorably, shave/cut it short. It's still kinda hard to deal with though haha.

Northern Soul - I heard that too, but I read its really just dependent on your genes, mother or fathers side can give you your "hair" genes with equal probability. Obviously i'd assume the more balding people in your family the less chance you have of escaping the inevitable. I am hoping too that I inherit my paternal grandfathers hair genes, 76 - full head of jet black hair, its mad! That said, maternal grandfather and my father have bald crowns and fully receded hairlines. I guess I have to just play the waiting game haha.

Either way, I will take it like a man. If its meant to be, its meant to be.

Happy Cycler
Hurt my knee running today, knees are shitty joints - weakest part of the body and they take so much strain!

still finished 10K in 38 mins 8)

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground