This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
The Telepathic Kid wrote:
pianoforte wrote:am i the only guy who likes romance films?

I love good romantic films, like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or Annie Hall.

No matter what you say, you have to admit that romance is the focal point of both of those films.

My problem is that romance is not portrayed realistically any more in these "romantic comedies".

It's just one person meets another person and they're awkwardly wedged together like a badly constructed model aeroplane.

Love Eternal Sunshine (especially for the soundtrack, which I think might be perfect); Annie Hall's on my to-watch list. Need to find a good time to do so.

Dayvan Cowboy
It's quiet over here today. :D

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:Hurt my knee running today, knees are shitty joints - weakest part of the body and they take so much strain!

still finished 10K in 38 mins 8)

Yep. That is why so many martial arts like Muay Thai focus on kicking in those knees. They are so weak they just shatter. Strange that.

Dayvan Cowboy

Happy Cycler
Aerial Boundaries wrote:
fujee wrote:Hurt my knee running today, knees are shitty joints - weakest part of the body and they take so much strain!

still finished 10K in 38 mins 8)

Yep. That is why so many martial arts like Muay Thai focus on kicking in those knees. They are so weak they just shatter. Strange that.

Yeah it's quite possibly the worst part of the body in terms of durability. I hurt it again today, so much so I couldn't finish my run. So now I have a week of exercises and physio to do, great.. :?
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
One benefit of having studied literature at university is that I can describe my correspondence with the student loans company as the Kafka-esque FUCKING GRIND that it truly is.

Dayvan Cowboy
Treefingers wrote:Love Eternal Sunshine (especially for the soundtrack, which I think might be perfect); Annie Hall's on my to-watch list. Need to find a good time to do so.

Personally, a measure of how good Eternal Sunshine is, is the fact that I love it, vs I can't really stand Jim Carrey or Kate Winslet in almost any other film they have done.

Happy Cycler
Treefingers wrote:One benefit of having studied literature at university is that I can describe my correspondence with the student loans company as the Kafka-esque FUCKING GRIND that it truly is.

Is it just one big allegory for something more existential? :wink:
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:
Treefingers wrote:One benefit of having studied literature at university is that I can describe my correspondence with the student loans company as the Kafka-esque FUCKING GRIND that it truly is.

Is it just one big allegory for something more existential? :wink:

I might write a dissertation attempting to answer this question and send it to them, with a note enclosed saying "THERE'S YOUR MONEY'S WORTH, BUREAUCRATS"

Sherbet Head
We interrupt this program to bring you an important news bulletin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T6Y3oBbEnw

Dayvan Cowboy
jcnporter wrote:
Treefingers wrote:Love Eternal Sunshine (especially for the soundtrack, which I think might be perfect); Annie Hall's on my to-watch list. Need to find a good time to do so.

Personally, a measure of how good Eternal Sunshine is, is the fact that I love it, vs I can't really stand Jim Carrey or Kate Winslet in almost any other film they have done.

This is so true. I fucking hate Jim Carrey. But goddamn, Eternal is such a beautiful piece of work. I adore it. My favourite movie after Donnie Darko.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
portiss wrote:My favourite movie after Donnie Darko.

...which I watched on Friday evening, by the way. ^.^
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Happy Cycler
I've come to the conclusion 2013 has been an absolute head fuck of a year, and its not even over :?

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:I've come to the conclusion 2013 has been an absolute head fuck of a year, and its not even over :?

It's been a quite peculiar year for me too, so far.

Happy Cycler
Treefingers wrote:
fujee wrote:I've come to the conclusion 2013 has been an absolute head fuck of a year, and its not even over :?

It's been a quite peculiar year for me too, so far.

Seeing this has made me instantly happier though :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nGFOsgADZs

Sherbet Head
I think I'm falling in love...

Posts Quantity
Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Oi!

Happy Cycler
Snufkin wrote:I think I'm falling in love...

fo real? congrats man!

Happy Cycler
aperture wrote:Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, Oi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFUBHR0gwhM :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Fujee, you have some taste in women. Who is the pretty lady in your current avatar?
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground