This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
GH wrote:Shakira gazed into the pond in wonder at the ripples.
Dappled light bounced from her face, and she suddenly realised
that her hips had been lying all this time.

Conceptual boundaries began to melt, and soon Shakira saw that it was all a lie. There was not a grain of truth that wasn't relative, and everyone she'd ever knew spent their entire waking existence finding clever and often unconscious ways to resist this... truth?

Oh, no... the truth of relativity seemed itself to be a non-relative truth. She watched in amazement as the language unraveled. And as the language unraveled, so did she, and she began to melt into the waves...
Last edited by Neurotangent on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
GH wrote:Shakira gazed into the pond in wonder at the ripples.
Dappled light bounced from her face, and she suddenly realised
that her hips had been lying all this time.

i definitely freudian-ed that first sentence into "nipples". oops.

Eagle Minded
http://worldinstrides.blogspot.com/2012/04/day-1.html

This guy walked across America essentially getting by with only what others gave him. Pretty interesting to read, I've read the first 40 days or so, skipping around some.
You're gonna carry that weight.

Sherbet Head
This amazing, signed A3 print is only €6 :shock:

Happy Cycler
GH wrote:This amazing, signed A3 print is only €6 :shock:

The royal baby image he made was hilarious.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
1. I need an Accoutrements Horse Head Mask.

2. That awkward moment when the entire room spontaneously breaks out in the 'Gangnam Style' dance and you're the only person who doesn't know it. :oops: :lol:
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Happy Cycler
I have been looking for any kind of average job just to get some money behind me to little avail. Two of my mates have half arsed a few CVs out around town and both got jobs on the spot! So depressing..

Interview tomorrow though, fingers crossed.. probably wont get it :?
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:I have been looking for any kind of average job just to get some money behind me to little avail. Two of my mates have half arsed a few CVs out around town and both got jobs on the spot! So depressing..

Good luck man. Hope things work out for you. :)

GH wrote:
fujee wrote:I have been looking for any kind of average job just to get some money behind me to little avail. Two of my mates have half arsed a few CVs out around town and both got jobs on the spot! So depressing..

Good luck man. Hope things work out for you. :)

Like GH said - knock em dead matey :wink:

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
I'm in a crazy situation right now that involves an absolute lunatic and I wish there was some kind of handbook that taught you how to deal with people like that.

I used to have such a low key, nerdy life. Wtf happened?

Also she's probably reading this. Fun times.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

rainier wrote:I'm in a crazy situation right now that involves an absolute lunatic and I wish there was some kind of handbook that taught you how to deal with people like that.

Not related to this thread by any chance??

Seriously, all joking aside, good luck. Can't be much fun. :?

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:
rainier wrote:I'm in a crazy situation right now that involves an absolute lunatic and I wish there was some kind of handbook that taught you how to deal with people like that.

Not related to this thread by any chance??

Seriously, all joking aside, good luck. Can't be much fun. :?

haha i actually considered that when that thread first appeared but no, it's a whole 'nother ball o' wax.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dayvan Cowboy

http://www.amazon.com/SELLER-SOMEONE-De ... B006M41FV6 ?

Sherbet Head
Fess up. Whoever you are.

Who has got the ...

Sherbet Head
Oooh! Oooh!

An chance to post this

Sherbet Head
i feel like an extra in fatal attraction after browsing through a few threads on here.

It did make work slightly more fun though.

Dayvan Cowboy
Any Silent Hill fans here? Does Downpour live up?

Sherbet Head
Treefingers wrote:Any Silent Hill fans here? Does Downpour live up?

Downpour is the only post 4 SH game I've played and I thought it was great. Murphy is easily one of my favorite SH characters. Although given the lack of Akira Yamaoka's sound design and music, it has a different atmosphere than it used to.

Telepath
Julian Candy wrote:

Downpour is the only post 4 SH game I've played and I thought it was great. Murphy is easily one of my favorite SH characters. Although given the lack of Akira Yamaoka's sound design and music, it has a different atmosphere than it used to.

I met the guy who did the sound-design for downpour, he was giving lectures at my school. Nice guy, liked Tempianetic :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Julian Candy wrote:

Cool, I think I am definitely going to pick it up when I see it in Game or CEX or something (especially since I imagine it'll be hella cheap now). Since my PS2's become unusable (controller's broke), the only Silent Hillage I can get is from 1, Origins, and Shattered Memories on the PSP (which isn't the ideal situation as a handheld for atmos and such) and I've heard the 360 HD collection is beyond bad.

Cupz wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:

I met the guy who did the sound-design for downpour, he was giving lectures at my school. Nice guy, liked Tempianetic :)

Wow, that's cool. I'd love to know how to get into that line of work (without having formal qualifications in sound design or a computer-based degree).

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground