This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Telepath
Treefingers wrote:Wow, that's cool. I'd love to know how to get into that line of work (without having formal qualifications in sound design or a computer-based degree).

Well, I doubt you need a degree, but you need to know how computers, programs, games and the human mind works. Its quite a cool field.

Sherbet Head
rainier wrote:I'm in a crazy situation right now that involves an absolute lunatic and I wish there was some kind of handbook that taught you how to deal with people like that.

I used to have such a low key, nerdy life. Wtf happened?

Also she's probably reading this. Fun times.

twist ending! The person I thought was the crazy person was actually not crazy and the person telling me she was crazy was actually the crazy one.

The jury is still out on if I'm crazy for believing any of this.

My life has all the subtlety of a goddamn m. night shymalan movie.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dayvan Cowboy
rainier wrote:
rainier wrote:I'm in a crazy situation right now that involves an absolute lunatic and I wish there was some kind of handbook that taught you how to deal with people like that.

twist ending! The person I thought was the crazy person was actually not crazy and the person telling me she was crazy was actually the crazy one.

This reminded me of the poem "If" by Rudyard Kipling.

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs" :)

Fuck me, she's still going - SIX WEEKS LATER AND SHE'S STILL GOING!!!
A whole summer school holiday's worth of verbal diarrhea. I mean, does she actually write this stuff or does it get expelled after a heavy meal or something?

Meanwhile, back on planet 'Sane and Rational'....

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
This seems fairly apt right now.. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ngDnWwFBI
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
I watched that episode this morning with breakfast.

"You've had your fun with the sectioning. There'll be no more sectioning today." is probably one of my top Peep Show quotes.

Happy Cycler

A_Northern_Soul wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76u8Z5Ic2U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

"we don't get many visitors"

YOU'RE A SPASTIC MENTALIST!!! :lol:

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:Fuck me, she's still going - SIX WEEKS LATER AND SHE'S STILL GOING!!!
A whole summer school holiday's worth of verbal diarrhea. I mean, does she actually write this stuff or does it get expelled after a heavy meal or something?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBte2Ggpt9A

could make a comparison
Last edited by louise on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

louise wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Fuck me, she's still going - SIX WEEKS LATER AND SHE'S STILL GOING!!!

Well, I mean, really.... :lol:

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:
louise wrote:

try reading it in one go rather than spread across 6 weeks..

Dayvan Cowboy
^ why did you do that to yourself ?!

Dayvan Cowboy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtwB8Cf2oYI

I love the BoC-ness of that video footage. The song is cool too.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
louise wrote:
Mexicola wrote:
louise wrote:

try reading it in one go rather than spread across 6 weeks..

you guys are actually reading it?

I never even started. I feel like I've accomplished something.

Sherbet Head
Techboy wrote:^ why did you do that to yourself ?!

it started as curiousity...

Dayvan Cowboy
Guido wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtwB8Cf2oYI

I love the BoC-ness of that video footage. The song is cool too.

That's great. I recognise the tune, I think it might've been sampled by Madlib or Oh No or some other hippedy hoppidy producer at some point.

Sherbet Head
WeHadNormality wrote:
rainier wrote:

This reminded me of the poem "If" by Rudyard Kipling.

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs" :)

Oh wow, that poem really hit the spot. Yeah, I'm feeling that hardcore right now.

This crazy situation had just been going on for so long and it was really taking it's toll on me. I'd been off the sauce for 2 years and I started drinking again and my anxiety was through the roof.

In a weird way finding out the worst case scenario is somehow less painful then staying in the dark any longer, even though in the dark I could still hold onto the illusion that this person really meant it when they said they loved me/needed me/etc and all that crap.

Maybe I'll have a delayed reaction where I'm really upset about it later on, but right now I feel saner than I have in months. I almost can't feel sad about losing someone I loved because now I understand that person isn't even real. I got totally keyser sozed haha.

Weird unintended fallout from the tomorrow's harvest campaign haha. Who would have guessed.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Happy Cycler
I graduated from University today. That was surreal!
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:I graduated from University today. That was surreal!

Wow man congrats! What was it that you studied again? I forgot..
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
Thank you :) I studied Fine Art and Curation. I graduated in a 11th century cathedral and the organist was receiving an honorary doctorate for his services to music, found out he performed some of Olivier Messiaen's music in front of the composer himself, so cool!

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground