This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
^ oddly enough, I was having a conversation on Twitter with - avoiding name-drop - someone from a fairly well known, critically acclaimed band about MBV's absence from the shortlist - I didn't know albums had to be nominated by their label (said band chose not to do this this year, while they have for previous albums); I was surprised that mbv wasn't listed, forgetting that it was self-released. The person I was speaking to "didn't think Kevin would nominate it".

Dayvan Cowboy
Anybody else going bald on here? Had my haircut yesterday and noticed my hair is thinning a little on top, can see my scalp quite clear. My Dad's bald so it doesn't come as a surprise, just didn't think it would start so early! I'm 23 btw.

Dayvan Cowboy
jakestott wrote:Anybody else going bald on here? Had my haircut yesterday and noticed my hair is thinning a little on top, can see my scalp quite clear. My Dad's bald so it doesn't come as a surprise, just didn't think it would start so early! I'm 23 btw.

My dad turned 68 last week and he doesn't even have grey hair, let alone going bald. The downside is that we don't have proper beard growth in our family (there is supposed to be a direct correlation between baldness on young age and degree of beard density and growth).
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
Not really yet, but I think it's inevitable. I reckon by thirty il be well on my way. Ah well you just gotta take it like a man I guess haha. I did mention not so long back in this thread that I find it really annoying I care about losing my hair. There is nothing you can do though but embrace it. Nothing worse than trying to cover it up ha.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler

jakestott wrote:Anybody else going bald on here? Had my haircut yesterday and noticed my hair is thinning a little on top, can see my scalp quite clear. My Dad's bald so it doesn't come as a surprise, just didn't think it would start so early! I'm 23 btw.

My Dad was bald at 21 so I've always suspected it was only a matter of time for me. Probably started noticing mine thinning around the crown when I was mid/late 20's. Also receded from the front too. I'm almost 40 now though and it's not got much worse to be honest. Long since decided to do the decent thing though and shag the lot off with clippers. It's the only dignified option once it decides to depart :wink:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Simpsons + VHS + bizarre psychedelia = whatever on Earth this is.

http://vimeo.com/groups/154682/videos/67934346

Pretty awesome, if you ask me.
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Happy Cycler
seems a tad like Hommer Simpson, yet less disturbing,

Dayvan Cowboy
The Telepathic Kid wrote:seems a tad like Hommer Simpson, yet less disturbing,

Ha, agreed. Hommer Simpson is absolutely fucked.

I keep going into the Breaking Bad thread, scrolling very quickly, then pressing the back button. Must. Not. Spoil. Series. For. Myself. I've just made it to season 4!!!

Sherbet Head
2020k wrote:I keep going into the Breaking Bad thread, scrolling very quickly, then pressing the back button. Must. Not. Spoil. Series. For. Myself. I've just made it to season 4!!!

JUST STOP AT SEASON FOUR VINCE GILLIGAN IS ONLY GOING TO BREAK YOUR HEART OVER AND OVER AGAIN EVERY GODDAMNED WEEK JESUS
"Life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you." -Slavoj Zizek

Dayvan Cowboy
FUCK GUYS
I'M TRYING TO CATCH UP
IT'S SO HARD

on S5EP3 now..

Happy Cycler
"Should take 45 minutes I'm done in 10, stick that up your dojo" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hBLYbR3Tn4

Posts Quantity

Friendly Stranger
This forum is addicting. And It's my first forum to ever sign up for. I already feel like a pro. 8)

Maybe it's fate? Maybe it's random. Maybe I'm an idiot. I'm probably an idiot.

How long will I be a "Friendly Stranger?"

Well since sleep is my mortal enemy, guess I'll try to work. :roll:

Just know that I'd rather be wandering around in the darkness, thinking, looking at the stars, meeting animal friends, and such.

Aha, here's a little random poem type-deal, I just typed...........

I can't express myself clearly, so I choose to do so lyrically.
These lyrics are not my own but lyrics I've learned from whichever random song.

The songs play in my head,
each strum, hum and tone.

Haunting melodies, I carry with me,
to use when things need to be said.

Ha, I know, I suck. Is there anything I can do right? :roll:

Amo Bishop Roden wrote:
2020k wrote:I keep going into the Breaking Bad thread, scrolling very quickly, then pressing the back button. Must. Not. Spoil. Series. For. Myself. I've just made it to season 4!!!

JUST STOP AT SEASON FOUR VINCE GILLIGAN IS ONLY GOING TO BREAK YOUR HEART OVER AND OVER AGAIN EVERY GODDAMNED WEEK JESUS
NO. I WILL KEEP GOING.

Dayvan Cowboy
Wow, Linda Perhacs performing in the Netherlands this winter.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Sherbet Head
So I learned that this exists today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJYho56INKU

that is one fucking cool instrument
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Sherbet Head
Last night I had one of my apocalyptic recurring nightmares where I'm looking up in the sky and see a shooting star and it's amazing, then all of a sudden all this crazy weird alien stuff starts happening in the sky and I'm filled with a cold sense of dread and I know something horrible is about to happen and everyone is looking up at the sky like "what the fuck is going on?"

I hate that fucking nightmare.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground