This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
What usually helps it to distance yourself from them. At least, that's what always seems to work for me. Dated a coworker once; wouldn't recommend it. The phrase "don't shit where you eat" comes to mind.

Dayvan Cowboy
Had my ear syringed today. After months, I have more normal hearing capabilities in my right ear; but it still doesn't feel entirely clear (i.e. the hearing when I, say, touch my right ear isn't as obviously clear as when I touch my left. Though listening to music is certainly more back to normal (will take getting used to)).

Can anyone assuage this second bout of biologically-related anxiety? I really am a bit of a hypochondriac pessimist super soldier, I think.

Dayvan Cowboy

Happy Cycler
God, Bono is such a massive tool.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:God, Bono is such a massive tool.

Ha, definitely. Achtung Bono!

Happy Cycler
This made me chuckle, Tony Martin is a hero haha.

As for Martin, Wiggins recalls him as a new professional at the Highroad team in 2008: "He was fat, he didn't know about cycling, he told Lance Armstrong to get fucked once in the Tour in 2010. Lance couldn't believe it. He was studying to be a policeman at the time; they let him have leave so he could concentrate on his cycling, and then he just went through the roof."
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:
nick47 wrote:So I learned that this exists today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJYho56INKU

that is one fucking cool instrument

Now you know what that noise is on the chorus of Good Vibrations :)

Also check out the Ondes Martenot, an even cooler instrument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9UBjrUjwo

Also there is a whole symphony written for it by Olivier Messiaen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du6M96E8KyE

I am WAY too high for what he did at 1:16 :shock: I fucking love odd instruments
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Sherbet Head
Has Bono ever been pied? He seems like the kind of person people would want to hit with a pie.

I've been thinking about ren and stimpy all week for some reason. What a weird show to grow up watching.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pWVlHdHQhs&sns=em

Dayvan Cowboy
I just finished reading The Elegance of the Hedgehog and now I'm sad. Errgh.
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Happy Cycler
Went mushroom picking this morning with my friend, we found a few libs but not enough yet... couple more weeks and a bit of rain and we'll be golden 8)

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Went mushroom picking this morning with my friend, we found a few libs but not enough yet... couple more weeks and a bit of rain and we'll be golden 8)

Did the same last friday, we found 108 'shrooms. whohoo :lol:

Happy Cycler
chronical wrote:
fujee wrote:Went mushroom picking this morning with my friend, we found a few libs but not enough yet... couple more weeks and a bit of rain and we'll be golden 8)

Did the same last friday, we found 108 'shrooms. whohoo :lol:

Where abouts are you in the world/uk?

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:Where abouts are you in the world/uk?

switzerland :)

Happy Cycler
Lucky :) here's hoping for a haul of my own soon!

Dayvan Cowboy

There's a gold mine for liberty caps about 15 miles up the road from me. If there's a good dose of rain between the new moon and full moon in October you can pick bin bags full of them in one session. :)

rainier wrote:I've been thinking about ren and stimpy all week for some reason. What a weird show to grow up watching.

Ha, I've got my housemates 13year old daughter into Ren & Stimpy recently. We sat and watched all of the third season last night. Deranged genius.

John K recently did one of the Simpsons Intro bits. Amazing.

EDIT: Here's the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62iVXcf8APs
Last edited by WeHadNormality on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Happy Cycler
Post us some down, share the wealth mate :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:Post us some down, share the wealth mate :wink:

Ha, haven't been picking for a fair few years myself as I don't do shrooms anymore. But have been tempted to go up for a harvest this year just for shits and giggles. I can PM you the location if you're interested. The valley and fields are on the side of a hill with a doppler radar station on top of it. Very BoCCy location. :)

I took this picture last time I was there walking.

Happy Cycler
Mate that is an incredible location, very jealous! I'd totally have a headphone listening session overlooking those radars!

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:Mate that is an incredible location, very jealous! I'd totally have a headphone listening session overlooking those radars!

I have. Listened to TH about a week after release with a couple of friends and watched the sunset. Immense! There's loads of old abandoned mining works up there too.

I can see the doppler stations from my bedroom window. 8)

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:Mate that is an incredible location, very jealous! I'd totally have a headphone listening session overlooking those radars!
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground