This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Just sat down to a tray of delicious oven-baked sausage rolls. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Dayvan Cowboy
This is great :)

Happy Cycler
Does anyone ever find their eyes kinda hurt for the first 15 minutes or so when you start reading a book? Then you kinda feel 'warmed up' to read properly?

I hope this isn't just me ha.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
I get that too, or when I switch between books with different fonts. It's gotten worse as I've gotten older and takes longer to adjust. I have a bad habit of not wearing my glasses when I read too.

When I was in middle school I made the arbitrary decision that I'd "never trust a man with attached earlobes" it was just kind of a dumb jokey thing, but looking back at the history of my love life the two worst burns were from men with attached lobes, so maybe I was on to something (apologies to all you trustworthy twoismers with attached earlobes)
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Happy Cycler
Glad it's not just me, I have a feeling it may be hurting because I am attempting to read Heidegger and I am having to re read numerous times to get my head around it.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
Ha, well I get a headache when I try to read Heidegger too, but I don't think it's the font.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Sherbet Head
I did a past life regression hypnotherapy session today!

My friend who is a hypnotherapy trainer (she trained me last year actually) pays me sometimes to be a guinea pig for her current students, which is pretty cool, I just get different sessions and give feedback and get payed mad loot for it.

I don't really believe in past lives, I mean maybe, but it seems unlikely. However I do think we have weird stuff floating around in our subconscious that can come out sometimes (look at how weird dreams can be).

Anyway, it was a really surreal experience, and it did feel like a really realistic dream. I was like this pioneer woman married to a blacksmith and one of my children died of scarlet fever and it felt so real. Weird shit man. Still not really convinced past lives are real, but I wonder where all that bizarre stuff lodged in our brains comes from.

Dayvan Cowboy
rainier wrote:I did a past life regression hypnotherapy session today!

My friend who is a hypnotherapy trainer (she trained me last year actually) pays me sometimes to be a guinea pig for her current students, which is pretty cool, I just get different sessions and give feedback and get payed mad loot for it.

I don't really believe in past lives, I mean maybe, but it seems unlikely. However I do think we have weird stuff floating around in our subconscious that can come out sometimes (look at how weird dreams can be).

Anyway, it was a really surreal experience, and it did feel like a really realistic dream. I was like this pioneer woman married to a blacksmith and one of my children died of scarlet fever and it felt so real. Weird shit man. Still not really convinced past lives are real, but I wonder where all that bizarre stuff lodged in our brains comes from.

maybe collective unconscious ie Carl Jung's sorta theories? Idk about past lives but I wouldn't be surprised if deeply buried memories were actually rooted/contained in passed on genetic information(DNA). Lol sorry for my tangent but just my two cents :lol:
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Sherbet Head
Yeah, I think there really is something to collective unconscious. I am really fascinated with recurring dreams and how there are some that are so common, and for a long time I just assumed it was a national and generational thing from being exposed to the same media and stories, but there's evidence of these same recurring dreams all over the world in so many different cultures since the beginning of the written word. It's mind blowing.

Dayvan Cowboy
rainier wrote:It's mind blowing.

It really is!

Happy Cycler

Dayvan Cowboy

Fuck yes.

Eagle Minded
You're gonna carry that weight.

Dayvan Cowboy

That BBC doc is great. And hilarious.

Dayvan Cowboy
Any other musicians here ever get anxious that they might be creatively spent? It gets at me sometimes, and I know it can't be a good thing.

Happy Cycler
Treefingers wrote:Any other musicians here ever get anxious that they might be creatively spent? It gets at me sometimes, and I know it can't be a good thing.

There are loads of times when I sit down with a guitar or keyboard and think "same old, same old.." but it usually passes, either by working through it or trying to take inspiration from something else. I've written some of my favourite stuff when I've been in a bit of a rut.
Last edited by fujee on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:
Treefingers wrote:Any other musicians here ever get anxious that they might be creatively spent? It gets at me sometimes, and I know it can't be a good thing.

There are loads of times when I sit down with a guitar or keyboard and think "same old, same old.." but it usually passes, either by working through it or trying to take inspiration from something else. I've some of my favourite stuff when I've been in a bit of a rut.

This is true, I must admit. I seem to be a bit anxious about almost everything lately, and I suppose it's natural it's bleeding through to the music. :/

Dayvan Cowboy
Occasionally, YouTube comments are both constructive and interesting. Who knew?!

Pi is an infinite decimal - meaning that every possible number combination exists. Converted into ASCII text, somewhere in that infinite string of digits is the name of every person you will ever love, the date, time, and manner of your death, and the answers to all the great questions of the universe. Somewhere in that infinite string of digits is a representation of the first thing you saw on this earth, the last thing you will see, and all the moments that will occur between those two points.
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Happy Cycler
Treefingers wrote:
fujee wrote:

There are loads of times when I sit down with a guitar or keyboard and think "same old, same old.." but it usually passes, either by working through it or trying to take inspiration from something else. I've some of my favourite stuff when I've been in a bit of a rut.

This is true, I must admit. I seem to be a bit anxious about almost everything lately, and I suppose it's natural it's bleeding through to the music. :/

Could be a positive thing though, don't fret about it too much, any creativity is good creativity!

Sherbet Head
I think creative ebbs are totally normal. It can be frustrating, but I don't think it's anything to be really worried about. I go through periods like that with drawing and I start to worry that maybe I've lost it, but I just keep plucking away at it because it's something I love, and sooner or later inspiration strikes again when I least expect it.

Now when I feel that happening I have a special sketchbook I have just for fucking around when I don't have any real ideas, and sometimes things that I start in there end up being my best stuff.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground