This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:Don't you mean IFNKOVHGROGHPRM?

2.000.000.- internets for the person who gets the reference.

RUMPELSTILTSKIN using an inverse alphabet - a = z, z = a, etc. :)
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Telepath
pianoforte wrote:

Shit dude, you would have NAILED Sierra games back in the 80's.

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:
pianoforte wrote:

Shit dude, you would have NAILED Sierra games back in the 80's.

Thanks! but - I know I'm showing my (relative lack of) age here - what on earth is a Sierra game? :oops: :D

Telepath
pianoforte wrote:
Thanks! but - I know I'm showing my (relative lack of) age here - what on earth is a Sierra game? :oops: :D

KINGS QUEST? SPACE QUEST? POLICE QUEST? ETC QUEST?

Oh boy, there is a world of puzzle pleasure and hilarious adventures waiting for you!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King%27s_Quest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Quest

Play Space quest 1. The learning curve is steep, but its truly funny and amazing.

It has inspired me lately to make an RPG using text input and minimalistic graphics.

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:It has inspired me lately to make an RPG using text input and minimalistic graphics.

0 graphics. I want 0!

Telepath
Don't worry, its just going to be 64*32 pixels, aka, next to nothing. Text adventures are boring!

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:KINGS QUEST? SPACE QUEST? POLICE QUEST? ETC QUEST?

Oh boy, there is a world of puzzle pleasure and hilarious adventures waiting for you!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King%27s_Quest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Quest

Play Space quest 1. The learning curve is steep, but its truly funny and amazing.

Thanks for the tip! Will do :)

Dayvan Cowboy
YouTube comment:

what does this have to do with bowling? I came to this youtub site because my grandson said I could find bowling here but I don't see any bowling at all and I'm starting to think that my grandson is on the drugs again and I keep telling his mother that the only way to make a man out of him is to put him in the army that's where he'll learn some respect or die trying but you know that skank never listens to me THIS HAS TOO MUCH BELLS AND NOT ENOUGH BOWLING

Dayvan Cowboy
-.-
Last edited by pianoforte on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
This is starting to kinda freak me out:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/humankinds ... -4/5350779

Dayvan Cowboy
Is it weird that the most comforting thing to me is that humans are disgusting filthy lying stupid monkeys and that I know everything that has or will ever exist will fall apart and disappear without any trace and that meaning is meaningless and that everything is just void nothingness? I literally think about this stuff every single day and it makes me feel warm inside. I feel like understanding the depravity and vacuum of everything makes me optimistic but that seems contradictory. I don't think I'm a pessimist or a nihilist anymore, I reject both of those things. In fact I reject writing off my beliefs as anything and I think people don't understand the fallibility and limits of language almost always.

I think people think I'm depressing but I feel perfectly content with everything.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Posts Quantity
Yeah i get that and i'm similar to a certain degree. I think nihilism can be very liberating if you spin it the right way.

Happy Cycler
TaoTapeTao wrote:Is it weird that the most comforting thing to me is that humans are disgusting filthy lying stupid monkeys and that I know everything that has or will ever exist will fall apart and disappear without any trace and that meaning is meaningless and that everything is just void nothingness? I literally think about this stuff every single day and it makes me feel warm inside. I feel like understanding the depravity and vacuum of everything makes me optimistic but that seems contradictory. I don't think I'm a pessimist or a nihilist anymore, I reject both of those things. In fact I reject writing off my beliefs as anything and I think people don't understand the fallibility and limits of language almost always.

I think people think I'm depressing but I feel perfectly content with everything.

It's probably quite a comforting thing for someone to think about, especially if they are intelligent. It makes all the trivial meaningless bullshit worthless, which is uplifting in a way.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Posts Quantity
TaoTapeTao wrote:Is it weird that the most comforting thing to me is that humans are disgusting filthy lying stupid monkeys and that I know everything that has or will ever exist will fall apart and disappear without any trace and that meaning is meaningless and that everything is just void nothingness? I literally think about this stuff every single day and it makes me feel warm inside. I feel like understanding the depravity and vacuum of everything makes me optimistic but that seems contradictory. I don't think I'm a pessimist or a nihilist anymore, I reject both of those things. In fact I reject writing off my beliefs as anything and I think people don't understand the fallibility and limits of language almost always.

I don't think it's weird at all. I don't know how you know some of these things, but I can definitely relate. Instead of thinking you're depressing, people should try to understand why you think the way you do-- naturally, that won't happen very often.

In my experience, contentment is fragile and madness is seemingly always right around the corner.

Dayvan Cowboy
naicob wrote:I don't think it's weird at all. I don't know how you know some of these things, but I can definitely relate. Instead of thinking you're depressing, people should try to understand why you think the way you do-- naturally, that won't happen very often.

In my experience, contentment is fragile and madness is seemingly always right around the corner.

Well I can't know anything, but I guess that's part of it too :lol: kinda just reinforces the fact. But yeah I've made some people uncomfortable trying to explain myself but no I can tell when people are in a similar boat or not too. I'm not trying to place myself above anyone either, I feel like that's really important to avoid.

But no I agree 100%, madness and contentment are different sides of the same coin in that way. It's how you handle the information.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm feeling pretty low. It happens from time to time, like, I dunno for a few days at a time, once a month. Man period! Seriously tho...
I have this feeling like what I would describe as an intense feeling of isolation... I want to be alone, and feel a masochistic loneliness. Or something. I've never really spoken about it until quite recently, but I have been seeing a lot about various forms of depression online (i.e. it keeps just cropping it up) and have become more aware that it's kinda normal and you have to talk about it really.
So here I am. It's the kind that you feel guilty about. My life is awesome, etc etc, usual stuff, but there's obviously no sense in going down that road.
When I'm feeling good I feel like I have the answer to all of life's problems, you know, like... I have all these ideas and boundless enthusiasm for executing them etc etc etc. When I'm feeling down, I can barely be bothered to feed myself. It's a weird thing.
I don't think there would be any sense in medicating. I don't really know how I feel about going to a doctor and saying that I'm -depressed- for example, because I don't really think it's a particularly bad case or anything. But I dunno, I'm not sure if that's just irrational. No idea.
</minddump>

Techboy wrote:I'm feeling pretty low. It happens from time to time, like, I dunno for a few days at a time, once a month. Man period! Seriously tho...
I have this feeling like what I would describe as an intense feeling of isolation... I want to be alone, and feel a masochistic loneliness. Or something. I've never really spoken about it until quite recently, but I have been seeing a lot about various forms of depression online (i.e. it keeps just cropping it up) and have become more aware that it's kinda normal and you have to talk about it really.
So here I am. It's the kind that you feel guilty about. My life is awesome, etc etc, usual stuff, but there's obviously no sense in going down that road.
When I'm feeling good I feel like I have the answer to all of life's problems, you know, like... I have all these ideas and boundless enthusiasm for executing them etc etc etc. When I'm feeling down, I can barely be bothered to feed myself. It's a weird thing.
I don't think there would be any sense in medicating. I don't really know how I feel about going to a doctor and saying that I'm -depressed- for example, because I don't really think it's a particularly bad case or anything. But I dunno, I'm not sure if that's just irrational. No idea.
</minddump>

Giz a grin y'soppy get :wink:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
I did, as well :P

Techboy wrote:I did, as well :P

8)

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground