This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
When it comes to other people's ratings of movies (or albums etc) I tend to take it with a grain of salt. I'm really only interested in reviews if I like the writer and am curious to see their take on things. If it's a well written review then I can see how they came to their rating, even if I disagree vehemently.

I disagreed with Robert Ebert a lot, but I liked his writing and thought he had an interesting take on things.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Happy Cycler
This is gonna make me sound like such a novice, but I have recently discovered the power of Discogs :shock:
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

fujee wrote:This is gonna make me sound like such a novice, but I have recently discovered the power of Discogs :shock:

Oh yeah! 8)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:This is gonna make me sound like such a novice, but I have recently discovered the power of Discogs :shock:

It's okay. I just bought my first album off of there last night!
I'm gonna need another milk crate..

Happy Cycler
I've got so many bargains! I now flip between Amazon and Discogs for the best price. The make an offer option is great too.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
Just entered a half marathon bladdy hell

Site Admin
Lovely orchestra of crickets singing at human speed https://soundcloud.com/acornavi/robert- ... dio#t=0:40
Life is a Frequency

Posts Quantity
I'd love to have a "This Random Thread" for the BoC section. So much stuff coming to my mind that in my opinion doesn't need an own thread. Which is just getting me nostalgic about the General New Release speculation thread and the Black Box thread and whatnot, the whole pre-TH era.
I also realized again that the R35TT is my favorite Boards release in a way. In terms of atmosphere it's just so damn unique, even for BoC standards. Every track is absolutely fascinating and with a few of them left out to have an under 75 minutes thing it would be perfect.

Sherbet Head
R35TT does have some real oddballs on it. I've always wanted to do a bunch of stop motion animations to a bunch of those songs. Old tunes vol 2 will probably always be my favorite though.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Happy Cycler
This has always worried me, especially after seeing Louis Theroux's "Americas Medicated Kids"

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013 ... epressants

Happy Cycler
^ they are dished out all too easily I reckon. Not to disparage anyone who uses them, but there are far better ways to at least attempt to tackle mental health problems before dishing out medication.

We're just medicating far too much as a society. My mother used to work as a teaching assistant at a primary school and noticed the increasing number of kids prescribed the likes of Ritalin for hyperactivity when they're either just being lively kids, or their behaviour is being affected by other lifestyle factors. Kids were being fed processed crap loaded with e-numbers, which got them worked up, then drugged to calm them down.

Happy Cycler
Yeah I have always thought medicine has been prescribed far too liberally. I don't take any myself, but it took a long time for some of my close friends and family to accept they needed a prescription to take the edge off as it were. It seems a lot of doctors will prescribe very freely, and it is creating a society of people fully dependant on drugs they may not necessarily need.

I hate medicine and only take it if I am deathly ill. There's lots of alternatives. Why do we not use them?

ALSO I JUST READ THE QUOTE IN MY SIGNATURE AGAIN AND LAUGHED FOR THREE MINUTES. Ahh, the Tomorrow's Harvest campaign. :lol:

Sherbet Head
I think I already mentioned this, but I'm actually that excited about this: I got an old school spirograph and all I wanna do is spirograph all day. Right now I'm using it to decorate origami paper for an origami bouquet I'm making.

I really have no idea what I'd be doing with my time if I wasn't sitting around making things 90% of my waking life. It's my raison d'etre.

Boqurant
tdk's so real.
ow
Last edited by THE BOB on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-

Nova Scotia Robot
2020k wrote:ALSO I JUST READ THE QUOTE IN MY SIGNATURE AGAIN AND LAUGHED FOR THREE MINUTES. Ahh, the Tomorrow's Harvest campaign. :lol:

Good times :lol:

Happy Cycler
hundreds of hugs for 747

Dayvan Cowboy
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
^ feel grubby just reading that. Absolutely foul.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fucking hell.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground