This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm in this annoying rut right now where i have a list of "things I want to learn and accomplish" the length of my entire body but lack the enthusiasm or like, i dunno, conviction to just start at the top and work my way down. Loads of ideas for self-teaching, software, websites, but sometimes it's like it's all just too overwhelming to look at and I should just fuckin' forget about it haha.

I look at people who don't procrastinate and I say this 100% unironically, it's like they have a superpower.

Dayvan Cowboy
Techboy wrote:I look at people who don't procrastinate and I say this 100% unironically, it's like they have a superpower.

YES.

Though I've had some good times procrastinating, so really, they're kind of missing out.

But they're also really not.

The dicks.

Happy Cycler
Treefingers wrote:
Techboy wrote:I look at people who don't procrastinate and I say this 100% unironically, it's like they have a superpower.

YES.

Though I've had some good times procrastinating, so really, they're kind of missing out.

But they're also really not.

The dicks.

Made me chuckle, good to see you back Treefingers 8)
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler

It's called Adderall.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Rodheh wrote:

It's called Adderall.

I personally feel more inclined to procrastinate on amphetamines.
It does help with my ADD, but somehow doesn't help with procrastination. I've been figuring out lately that procrastination is a serious problem in my life, and it feels very chronic. Even when I'm doing things I like, for example making a song, there's that nagging part of me that wants me to do something else less significant. It feels like itching a scratch, except the scratch is anxiety or fatigue I guess.

Eagle Minded
Synthestesia wrote:
Rodheh wrote:

It's called Adderall.

It does help with my ADD, but somehow doesn't help with procrastination. I've been figuring out lately that procrastination is a serious problem in my life, and it feels very chronic. Even when I'm doing things I like, for example making a song, there's that nagging part of me that wants me to do something else less significant. It feels like itching a scratch, except the scratch is anxiety or fatigue I guess.

Exactly. And then even when you go do something else you feel empty. At the end of the day I'm just mad because I did absolutely nothing productive. Then I get up and do it all over again. It's quite the destructive cycle.
member of pablo col.
https://www.pacol.bandcamp.com

Happy Cycler
Synthestesia wrote:
Rodheh wrote:

It's called Adderall.

That's odd, because I typically get everything done.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
nah I totally feel you synth. I guess if I was on the US they'd have put me on adderall years ago, but I dunno, I don't really like medicating for shit like that. Maybe I'll speak to a doctor about it and get some sensible advice.

Dayvan Cowboy

Tonight I saw Linda Perhacs & band perform in a beautifully lighted 10th century church, that was nice.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
I just discovered that I owe my public library $72 in fines. I made a page in my notebook to list the books I have out so I don't get in this situation again - this is the several-eth month in a row that I've ended up with significant fines, and I can't afford to have any more. Plus, as much as I love the library (and believe me, I do), I have other projects that I'd rather see my money go to.
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Happy Cycler
for absolutely no reason I am now a bee

Friendly Stranger
Sometimes when I close my eyes...I can't see.

Sherbet Head
pianoforte wrote:I just discovered that I owe my public library $72 in fines. I made a page in my notebook to list the books I have out so I don't get in this situation again - this is the several-eth month in a row that I've ended up with significant fines, and I can't afford to have any more. Plus, as much as I love the library (and believe me, I do), I have other projects that I'd rather see my money go to.

I feel like such a jerk, but I have chronic library overdue fees. I still owe $30 but I have been procrastinating on it. They don't have a great selection though, so I haven't been in a rush, but maybe if I paid my fees they could buy some better books!
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Happy Cycler
Kinda makes me fancy her a bit more ha

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013 ... life-court
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
^ ha, I know - what's not to like?

I refuse to believe that Charles Saatchi is that appalled by coke use. That's Charles Saatchi who made his fortune in advertising in London in the 80s. Because there was no cocaine around then....

Happy Cycler
Plus he's basically a recluse.

Hmm let me see, incredibly rich, reclusive, immersed in a scene which virtually brokered deals in toilet cubicles. Nah mate, clean as a whistle :lol: :wink:

Happy Cycler
I for one would welcome an evening of cake, wine & Bolivian marching powder with Nigella...

Dayvan Cowboy

Happy Cycler
*goes for a lie down*

Happy Cycler
A_Northern_Soul wrote:I for one would welcome an evening of cake, wine & Bolivian marching powder with Nigella...

11th commandment innit? :wink:

Bloody hell, she's an absolute babe.

Also, who actually is shocked by recreational drug use in modern society? For once I agree with Noel Gallagher: "Taking drugs is like having a cup of tea". It's so common place and normal really, the only people who are genuinely shocked are morons.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground