This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
I think people nowadays believe that those in the lime light have to be role models, because so many are faceless empty shells with no personality they need someone to look up to and be like.

so even if most people have smoked the odd joint, those in the celebrity spot light have to conform to a certain set of rules that the public doesn't. Sure a lot of people are down to earth and don't give two shits, but a lot of people will be crushed, "My precious Nigella has smoked WEED? What will I do now?"

Like the Jimmy Carr tax dodging thing last year. It's only national news because he's a celebrity. Many people probably have done it and still do it, it's just that he got caught, and he's the one that took the flak from the public and the media.

the media needs people to scrutinise so everyday people (the empty hollow shells I mentioned earlier) can blame someone else for how shit their lives are. They don't want to take responsibility of their own problems so the media makes everyone happy by pointing the finger and going "WANKER" so we can all follow suit can call him a wanker as well.

Happy Cycler
To be fair, in Jimmy Carr's case he *is* clearly a massive wanker though....

Happy Cycler
Eh, I think he's funny, that and I'm only going off second hand info as we don't get any of the UK news here.

The Nigella thing has been mentioned but only a very short bit tacked on the end.

Happy Cycler
Nearing completion 8)

Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
How much did you pay for the Tremolo EP if I may ask? I paid 2,20 pounds for it on ebay in 2007 haha
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
Guido wrote:How much did you pay for the Tremolo EP if I may ask? I paid 2,20 pounds for it on ebay in 2007 haha

Is yours on vinyl?! if so what a steal!

I paid 30 pounds for that record, including packaging, which I still think is pretty good for a MBV vinyl from the old days. My prize possession is the Original 1991 UK Creation pressing of Loveless, not gonna tell you how much I paid for that.. it's embarrassing haha.

Just You Made Me Realise and Feed Me With Your Kiss EP to get now, looking to grab those both for around 70 pounds hopefully.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Posts Quantity

Happy Cycler
Slavoj Zizek is the fucking man, man.

Happy Cycler
Ian Curtis' ghost makes an appearance on court:

http://campl.us/eWQMmFWS5iG

Sherbet Head
They started scheduling me at weird hours at work which makes it impossible for me to catch the bus, which means some days I commute 12 miles round trip by foot. It really does kind of suck but I don't sweat it too bad because my checks are so much better, and I don't know how to put this delicately, but my butt looks out of this world.

It did suck during a torrential downpour the other day with mud up to my knees, but I just pretended I was the plucky and fey heroine of a gothic novel and it wasn't so bad. Jane Eyre of the suburbs.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dayvan Cowboy

Happy Cycler
^ :)

Limmy's stuff veers from bad to brilliant for me, but when he's good he's VERY funny.

Smart. Casual.

Dayvan Cowboy
I got annoyed at PMs on the forum so I submitted a fix to Aesthetics :P

Posts Quantity
i made a new self portrait, it sucks
cool artists: the flaming lips|tame impala|telegraphy|shortwaves|MIWON

Happy Cycler
I'm waiting for whoever created Bitstrips to release the "man dying in car fire" scene so I can add him as a friend and put him in that scene.

Bitstrips are worse than cancer.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
are they really?

i think they are annoying but then i just muted them like i do with most facebook apps. i try not to let it raise my blood pressure, i sort of stopped enjoying being that guy who is always a prick about things other people legitimately find some kind of joy from.

Happy Cycler
^ this.

Happy Cycler
i sort of stopped enjoying being that guy who is always a prick about things other people legitimately find some kind of joy from.

Totally agree.

Happy Cycler
Techboy wrote:are they really?

i think they are annoying but then i just muted them like i do with most facebook apps. i try not to let it raise my blood pressure, i sort of stopped enjoying being that guy who is always a prick about things other people legitimately find some kind of joy from.

Great, this is why I left for a while and now I come back and it's the same thing.

No offense man, but get off my case. I'm not preventing other people from using Bitstrips if they'd like to. I've not complained about it to anyone in particular and any and all anger is typically directed at nobody: i.e. I obviously don't know or am I addressing the man who created Bitstrips.

It was a bit of dark humor.

How about you stop enjoy being that guy who is acts like a self-righteous enlightened dude when someone's clearly venting about something? In a random post thread, no less. If you took my drunken comment about Bitstrips being worse than cancer as anything other than hyperbole and a joke, then allow me to clarify: it was a joke and no, they are obviously not really worse than cancer.

That's all. I'm not going to call you a prick by proxy.

If it's of any concern to you x number of posts back in this thread Amo Bishop Roden referred to them as "shitstrips" and Mexicola referred to them as "twatstrips" while posting a picture of him blocking the application. Why don't you go complain to them as well?

http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... start=3280
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Techboy can feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I really don't think that statement was a jab at Rodheh so much as it was a generalized statement.

Anyway, boyfriend and I are having a Tyler Perry movie marathon today. It's fun.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground