This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Come on now people, play nicely.

For what it's worth - Rodheh, Techboy - you're both right and you're also both my Twoism brethren.

Gimme a grin - both of you. Come on, give it up now.
Rod - can see a grin there big guy? Don't hold out on me now!
Techy - let me see those Glaswegian pearlies there matey? That's it, put your deep-fried Mars Bar down - good lad. :lol:

Come on now y'all, group hug.
'Tis the season' after all, right?!?
Y'know.... Fa-la-la-la-lah?
etc.

:wink:

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
2020k wrote:Techboy can feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I really don't think that statement was a jab at Rodheh so much as it was a generalized statement.

Anyway, boyfriend and I are having a Tyler Perry movie marathon today. It's fun.

Danny seemed to think it was quite passive aggressive. I don't know what Techboy thinks, and I won't put words in his mouth, and I think if it wasn't a jab then at the least it could have been stated better. When your post is clearly aimed towards someone else's as a response and it says something like that, comes off as a jab, and it's not made better by people jumping on the "this^" bandwagon which is a trend I see happen far too often here, as though people think they're collecting moral points or something.

Either way, I don't really care. Like I said, I'm not going to fight or call someone a prick or anything. I said what I said and that's all, it's all done with. I'm not one to harbor negative feelings towards another person unless they've done something really wrong.

And here you go Mexicola: :D

It's not like I'm mad or anything, I just found what he'd said to be...well, unnecessary, to put it politely.

I still think Bitstrips, Shitstrips, Twatstrips or whatever one might call them are really fucking stupid, and so long as I'm not constantly pestering someone I see nothing wrong with being vocal about it.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Happy Cycler
Rodheh, we cool man. Hope you didn't see my comment as a bash at you. I was generally just being apathetic about things that don't interest me, especially social media in general and especially bitstrips. No hard feelings man.

Mexicola wrote:my Twoism brethren.

8)
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
fujee wrote:Rodheh, we cool man. Hope you didn't see my comment as a bash at you. I was generally just being apathetic about things that don't interest me, especially social media in general and especially bitstrips. No hard feelings man.

Mexicola wrote:my Twoism brethren.

8)

It's fine man, I know you're a good dude.

How I wish I could be so apathetic...it's this fuckin' OCD shit, man.

Dayvan Cowboy
oh hi, wasnt expecting this.
for the record Rod I was talking about something I used to do which would be like posting statuses and comments all over facebook (not some forum) like look at you sheepy retards etc etc. prolly just made me look like a total aspie in retrospect, even if some people allegedly did find it funny at the time.

And relax...

So there we have it. A classic case of something that - when spoken aloud in a bar, with us all around the table, would result in nothing more than a laugh and another drink - feeling completely different when written down and posted/emailed. Digital communication, pros and cons, a sign of the times, etc. Nothing to worry about folks, move along please.

Glad we cleared this all up - well played everyone :wink:

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:And relax...

So there we have it. A classic case of something that - when spoken aloud in a bar, with us all around the table, would result in nothing more than a laugh and another drink - feeling completely different when written down and posted/emailed. Digital communication, pros and cons, a sign of the times, etc. Nothing to worry about folks, move along please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STIvNjWobzA

Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

fujee wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STIvNjWobzA

Day-don't-do-daht-dare-doe-don't-day-doe? Down-dare-n-dat-dare-London.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
I saw Queens of the Stone age in Boston 3 days ago, their performance was stunning. Josh and the rest of the band really gave it their all and it's obvious to me the musicianship and care they put into their stuff is unbridled. I was disappointed as fuck in the venue and the crowd though, both were disappointingly lame. And some drunk guy spilled beer on me, but then gave me TWENTY bucks for doing so.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Sherbet Head

Happy Cycler
OK Computer arrived in the post. Whoever pressed the Radiohead albums know what they're doing, they sound phenomenal. Hearing Let Down on vinyl is a revelation!

Happy Cycler
^ hearing familiar in a new way (different format/new speakers/good headphones) is great, isn't it? I was marvelling at how New Order's Substance sounded through new cans yesterday.

Happy Cycler
A_Northern_Soul wrote:^ hearing familiar in a new way (different format/new speakers/good headphones) is great, isn't it? I was marvelling at how New Order's Substance sounded through new cans yesterday.

You're definitely right mate! I spent an embarrassing amount of money (comparative to the amount I earn haha) on my amp, speakers and turntable but it's so worth it! It's really like listening to music all over again. I know it's a cliché but it's ritualistic on vinyl, the album art is imposing, the record needs changing over, it kinda demands more of you which I really like. Music should be listened to this way.

Oh no I'm turning into a cranky audio maniac :lol:

fujee wrote:Let Down

Still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up that one 8)

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
God this fucking song. Moar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahB97nfRX84
"Life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you." -Slavoj Zizek

Happy Cycler
Techboy wrote:oh hi, wasnt expecting this.
for the record Rod I was talking about something I used to do which would be like posting statuses and comments all over facebook (not some forum) like look at you sheepy retards etc etc. prolly just made me look like a total aspie in retrospect, even if some people allegedly did find it funny at the time.

I get it. It's fine. You actually just looked kind of like most people on Facebook, but it was Twoism so I didn't really expect it, that's all.

Huh? Fuck no. What, wanna fight m8? :lol:

Rodheh wrote:Huh? Fuck no. What, wanna fight m8? :lol:

I'm a lover, not a fighter matey ;-)

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Why doesn't Creation records exist anymore. Look at their rosta, it was fucking phenomenal. They had their own sound as well. It was quite deliberate that Oasis, a band that didn't really fit their mould, had two albums which featured roaring guitars and brickwalling production. I wish it was still around, Alan McGee was definitely a great figure to have in the industry.. even if he was coked out of his head most of the time.

Happy Cycler
^ Creation was a great label. Love their attitude.

And imagine being the label that put out Loveless and Screamadelica within a few months of each other.

Alan McGee is a first class prick though, it has to be said.

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground