This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:Alan McGee is a first class prick though, it has to be said.

Yeah but who do we have now as our music industry king pin for a generation... Simon Cowell?
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Nova Scotia Robot
The Telepathic Kid wrote:hundreds of hugs for 747

Thanks man!

Late reply, sorry. I've been busy as I moved out into the beautiful woods.

Winter is here! I have more than 2 and a half feet of snow in my yard!

Thinking of learning a foreign language? Learn German.

What could be easier??

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
CONSUMER ADVICE PLS

My laptop overheats from time to time, and I really wanna play Gone Home. Can anyone recommend a decent cooling pad / fan thing to attach to the laptop; there's way too many kinds available.

CONSUMER ADVICE PLS

Cheers

Treefingers wrote:CONSUMER ADVICE PLS

My laptop overheats from time to time, and I really wanna play Gone Home. Can anyone recommend a decent cooling pad / fan thing to attach to the laptop; there's way too many kinds available.

CONSUMER ADVICE PLS

Cheers

Yup - this.

Works a treat :wink:

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Cheers for the hint. Glad to hear they're reliable enough (hopefully they'll sort my laptop out, the only problem with it (and it's a pretty new laptop, too) seems to be with overheating when doing anything too demanding); might check a few out at PC World or something as well, soon.

Incidentally, Mexicola -- I also wanna mention that I applied for a film internship that requires a picture to be uploaded with the application form and stuff. When taking the picture, I decided I'd do a little homage to that Stanley Kubrick photo that's your avatar.

There's a small part of me that wonders whether they'll see it, and go "Aw, sweet reference. Delete the other applications - this is the guy." :lol:

Treefingers wrote:Cheers for the hint. Glad to hear they're reliable enough (hopefully they'll sort my laptop out, the only problem with it (and it's a pretty new laptop, too) seems to be with overheating when doing anything too demanding); might check a few out at PC World or something as well, soon.

Incidentally, Mexicola -- I also wanna mention that I applied for a film internship that requires a picture to be uploaded with the application form and stuff. When taking the picture, I decided I'd do a little homage to that Stanley Kubrick photo that's your avatar.

There's a small part of me that wonders whether they'll see it, and go "Aw, sweet reference. Delete the other applications - this is the guy." :lol:

Ha! Well good luck with that dude. Let us know how you get on 8)

Your new laptop - not a Samsung by any chance???

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
gonna try to teach myself guitar.

Happy Cycler
Haven't seen you around here in a while Treefingers, good to have you back 8)

Happy Cycler
Happy New Year, you lot.

Just back in the land of wifi after a week in the middle if nowhere eating & drinking with my family.

Dayvan Cowboy
Treefingers wrote:that Stanley Kubrick photo that's your avatar

OH MY GOD. I've gone through 2 and 1/2 years at Twoism thinking that was a Mexicola-brand selfie. Holy shit, I feel so ignorant :oops: :D
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Happy Cycler
A_Northern_Soul wrote:Happy New Year, you lot.

Just back in the land of wifi after a week in the middle if nowhere eating & drinking with my family.

That sounds so nice, bet you're bored of the internet already? I know I would be. Good to have you back though mate 8)

Happy Cycler
^ pleasantly surprised by how much I didn't miss the Internet. Likewise there was a TV but we only had that on to time the bells on the 31st and so the kids could watch DVDs - we just sat around the woodburner chatting. The house was AMAZING - on a farm in the middle of nowhere (leave the nearest town by a mini B road, turn onto a single track road for a mile or so, then onto a tiny farm track). No light pollution, so we could see the milky way on the one clear night we had.

A_Northern_Soul wrote:^ pleasantly surprised by how much I didn't miss the Internet. Likewise there was a TV but we only had that on to time the bells on the 31st and so the kids could watch DVDs - we just sat around the woodburner chatting. The house was AMAZING - on a farm in the middle of nowhere (leave the nearest town by a mini B road, turn onto a single track road for a mile or so, then onto a tiny farm track). No light pollution, so we could see the milky way on the one clear night we had.

This sounds so familiar to our recent Ireland jaunt. Not sure which is more amazing - (a) how little I missed internet/TV when it wasn't an option or (b) how quickly I reverted to type once I was back home :(

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
welp im not happy at all
lost my best friend (read: only) because he decided to follow through with being a darknet drug dealer even though i urged him not to, telling him i dont want to be involved with someone putting themselves at such a risk. hey lets blow our entire savings account that we need to pay for school loans on chinese chemicals to sell to random people
cool artists: the flaming lips|tame impala|telegraphy|shortwaves|MIWON

Dayvan Cowboy
pianoforte wrote:

OH MY GOD. I've gone through 2 and 1/2 years at Twoism thinking that was a Mexicola-brand selfie. Holy shit, I feel so ignorant :oops: :D

I think Mexi and I had that same conversation like 4 years ago..

Happy Cycler
Today can do one.

Back at work
It is raining
And cold
Slapped with a massive cattery bill
Slipped over and
1) turned my ankle, is ballooning as we speak
2) ripped my trousers at the knee
Narrowly avoided being hit in the face with a length of scaffolding.

Piss off, Monday.

A_Northern_Soul wrote:Today can do one.

Back at work
It is raining
And cold
Slapped with a massive cattery bill
Slipped over and
1) turned my ankle, is ballooning as we speak
2) ripped my trousers at the knee
Narrowly avoided being hit in the face with a length of scaffolding.

Piss off, Monday.

The ankle - you need RICE.

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

ie. foot propped up (higher than your waist), add a cold compress (bag of frozen peas in a teatowel will do), sit back and feel like a (sore) prat :wink:

Slow down...

pianoforte wrote:

:lol:

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground