This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
I quite like the "leisurely" pace around here. :)

Happy Cycler
Agreed, I'd rather hang out on twoism with some people I know well than nobodies who don't contribute!
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
No I don't mean that, I mean like even a couple of years ago before Tomorrow's Harvest had been released, there still may have been a couple of threads posted in every day.

Now it seems like only one or two threads a day get posted in, if that. I leave here for days and weeks at a time, I come back and things haven't moved much.

Not saying I have ill will or wish anything upon anyone, I'm just calling it how I see it

Twoism is doing just fine, I'm sure. Fair-weather BOC fans will come and go while the regulars will continue discussing other points of interest as and when.

Agreed, love the slow pace just as it is.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
slow pace is nice to an extent; able to keep up with everything that's going on is always nice. but that's...really all you can do, with a boards of canada fandom. there's no sort of breaking developments that come every few days like a normal band. "new" stuff is people saying guize look wut i found!, or someone doing a cover.
activity spikes are fun when something new happens, but it gets hard to know what's going on.
cool artists: the flaming lips|tame impala|telegraphy|shortwaves|MIWON

Happy Cycler
I think its a given that rarely anything of note happens in the Boards forum section, I think we're all talking more about the playground and music sub forums right?
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy

Yup

Dayvan Cowboy
I like the slow pace because I can be busy for a few days, come back, and I haven't missed too much. :)

Used to be a part of busier forums. It just got to a point where there was so much I gave up on reading it all.

+1 for KOTH reference

Happy Cycler
I'm not saying I have a problem with the slow pace, I've been here for as long as you old timers/
all I'm saying is that it seems to be even slower than usual.

that's all. Nothing wrong with it, just making observations.

NASA funded study: industrial society heading for 'irreversible collapse'.

Sounds familiar..

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:NASA funded study: industrial society heading for 'irreversible collapse'.

Sounds familiar..

'Collapse' by Jared Diamond is a good book on that very subject.

Happy Cycler
Anyone ever had a bad/dodgy transaction on Discogs? I bought something last week and it shipped five days ago from the UK and it still hasn't arrived. They said it was first class as well.. :? I spent a lot of money on it too, hope it's not been snatched or I've been had.

Nope. Always been fine.
Probably just late, but ping them a message and see if you get a reply.
If not, report it I guess?

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Yeah I sent them a message, their user feedback is 100% positive so fingers crossed its just late. What is the law regarding things like this? will I get my money back if it has been stolen or lost?

Not too sure to be honest. Nearest example I've got was a few years back my Mrs was stung by a seller on eBay from Hong Kong. Paypal refunded her as I recall.

How did you pay??

If you've paid via credit card you've got legal recourse with your c.card company I believe?

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
I paid via PayPal, admittedly the seller changed the status to shipped 2 days after he said he would post it, so maybe it is just late.. kinda concerning though.. I heard pay pal will refund if the seller cannot provide tracking information. Still though, I grabbed myself a rare record for a decent price, relatively speaking, and would prefer the record to the refund.

Relax. Bet it shows up Monday.
:wink:

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mrs_A_Northern_Soul is watching a programme about a family called the Kardashians and I haven't got a fucking clue what's going on. So far I've gathered that I've heard of one of them - who is going out with Kanye West. Not sure what the rest of them are for. So far there's just a lot of rich people shouting at each other and checking their phones while wearing sunglasses.

I'm off to drink wine & listen to The Byrds.

Dayvan Cowboy
I've got the first track of what will hopefully turn out to be an album done! It might count as my first, because the other stuff I've done I've (arbitrarily in some cases) just seen as EPs.

I'm quite excited about how it could turn out

Happy Cycler
A_Northern_Soul wrote:Mrs_A_Northern_Soul is watching a programme about a family called the Kardashians and I haven't got a fucking clue what's going on.

I'm sorry dude but that sentence in particular sounds so much like something my grandfather would say.

get of my tv where's my fred astaire and ginger rogers garrrr

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground