This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
The Telepathic Kid wrote:Souly, could you translate that to not-as-manly-as-you speak?
Screwfix is a hardware store and the dump is the local recycling and refuse facility ;D

Happy Cycler
^ thanks for translating mate!

I'd forgotten how much I love Screwfix...

Happy Cycler
Northern Soul spotted at Screwfix having a friendly, non confrontational exchange with an employee.

Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Happy Cycler
Techboy wrote:Screwfix is a hardware store and the dump is the local recycling and refuse facility ;D

I'll fix your screw.

*shakes fist*

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Happy Cycler
I think I may have just had the friendliest message of a Discogs seller...

Dear Thomas

I do apologize for the delay,
I haven't been feeling very well.. and i've only just managed to get all the orders ready and packed today,.
15 orders since Saturday !
Normally i like to get these out soon as possible... but because of my health.. I haven't been able to,
I do hope you understand.. as you know ..when ever your feeling unwell ..you don't feel like like doing anything !!
When you haven't got your health ..you haven't got nothing!!
Shipped out this evening ...and hopefully this will arrive tomorrow for you Tom,
Till'y then ..take care and have a nice evening ,.
Best wishes Rod

Made me smile that, Rod is quite obviously a cool old geezer, I'd buy him a pint if I knew him. Little things like that make me realise the internet is equally as full of great people as it is trolls and morons.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
fujee wrote:I think I may have just had the friendliest message of a Discogs seller...

Dear Thomas

I do apologize for the delay,
I haven't been feeling very well.. and i've only just managed to get all the orders ready and packed today,.
15 orders since Saturday !
Normally i like to get these out soon as possible... but because of my health.. I haven't been able to,
I do hope you understand.. as you know ..when ever your feeling unwell ..you don't feel like like doing anything !!
When you haven't got your health ..you haven't got nothing!!
Shipped out this evening ...and hopefully this will arrive tomorrow for you Tom,
Till'y then ..take care and have a nice evening ,.
Best wishes Rod

Made me smile that, Rod is quite obviously a cool old geezer, I'd buy him a pint if I knew him. Little things like that make me realise the internet is equally as full of great people as it is trolls and morons.

hahahah, i dont know why, but he sounds like a fisherman to me, think ive had a few too many

Happy Cycler
what, fishermans?

*badum tsch*

Sherbet Head
The Telepathic Kid wrote:what, fishermans?

*badum tsch*

LOL. for shame TTK. of course i meant drinks!!!!!

Happy Cycler
Still gotta wait 6 days for my new glasses, reading anything or watching anything is becoming a challenge.. constant headache. Ugh.

Happy Cycler
I really need new glasses...

A_Northern_Soul wrote:I really need new glasses...

You do. This is WATMM.

(Should've gone to Specsavers).

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud_Case

This continues to be the most interesting mystery ever. Every time I read about it, it blows my mind.

Happy Cycler
The BoC forum is a rum old place, isn't it? Who are those people in there? Why do they never venture into this part of town?

Happy Cycler
A_Northern_Soul wrote:The BoC forum is a rum old place, isn't it? Who are those people in there? Why do they never venture into this part of town?

I often wonder myself, very touchy part of the forum :?

Happy Cycler
Think I've posted this before, but god damn Ian MacKaye is so spot on about so many things. This video is edited really badly so it looks like he is continuously rambling, maybe he was, but he's got so many interesting points here.. great man..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9oTky-i0CA

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm in one of those moods where I'm so sick of being all directionless that I don't have loads of enthusiasm to think about what I want to do with my future, maaaaaan

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:Think I've posted this before, but god damn Ian MacKaye is so spot on about so many things. This video is edited really badly so it looks like he is continuously rambling, maybe he was, but he's got so many interesting points here.. great man..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9oTky-i0CA

Plenty of simple truths there. Yet none of them are particularly radical - I remember when I was a kid always being told that wisdom comes with age and I guess the sort of stuff Ian MacKaye talks about in that interview is what I imagined as the 'wisdom' that most adults should possess.
So sad, how far from reality that is.

Happy Cycler
Agreed, he's a clear and sensible thinker, his ethics and view are what especially attract me to Fugazi as a band, brilliant music and a strong message. I think his idea about life being the ideal is a pretty wonderful opinion to have, it certainly transcends happiness beyond the realm of anything essentially superficial. I'm not sure radical ideas are necessarily better though, if that is what you're getting at.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground