This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

A_Northern_Soul wrote:I've had similar after visiting King Neptune on Stowell St in Newcastle.

Ahh! Stowell Street. The boulevard of broken knee caps! :lol:

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:
A_Northern_Soul wrote:I've had similar after visiting King Neptune on Stowell St in Newcastle.

Ahh! Stowell Street. The boulevard of broken knee caps! :lol:

What's not to love:

King Neptune
Lau's

Tilley's just around the corner for a quality pint.

The feeling that you're never far from a dubious gambling establishment...

You are free! You are free! You are free, to do as they tell you!

Seriously.

Slow down...

Sorry - gonna be a few from me this afternoon.

WANT! :shock:

Slow down...

Telepath
Mexicola wrote:Sorry - gonna be a few from me this afternoon.

Lets put some money together, twoism, and buy this thing! We could turn it into a village.

Oh and please spam twoism now that you dont have anything better to do.

Cupz wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Sorry - gonna be a few from me this afternoon.

Lets put some money together, twoism, and buy this thing! We could turn it into a village.

Oh and please spam twoism now that you dont have anything better to do.

Yes and yes! I apologise though. Forest Opal taught me everything I know
(add random collection of words and numbers) :lol:

Slow down...

Telepath
Its not as bad if people actually respond to your random numbers and letters.

I'd still like to see this forum into an actual physical sekt. Go out and create a religious community in a beautifull place out,,,uh tree.

PMSL!!

The nearest you'll get is on a clifftop in Dorset next July.

'JOINNNN USSSSSS.....' :shock:

Slow down...

So as the random drivel from Woody Onyx continues, it occurred to me. Isn't it about a year ago that SHE reared her ugly deluded head? What is about this time of year I wonder?

Slow down...

IT'S BEEN 7 HOURS AND 15 DAYS....
Since you took your love away

I GO OUT EVERY NIGHT AND SLEEP ALL DAY....
Since you took your love away

8) 8) 8)

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't know if I enjoy Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy. I feel there are so many mes working back and forth over each other when I listen to it.

Lens Larque wrote:I don't know if I enjoy Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstasy. I feel there are so many mes working back and forth over each other when I listen to it.
Holy shit, where have you been? Please go scare the new troll.

Dayvan Cowboy
summer is almost over and mine was kind of shitty so i'm sad. but at the same time i have the rest of my life to be happy so that's something.
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Dayvan Cowboy

Telepath
^^^

Happy Cycler
Beeeeeetlebum.

Damon Albarn is a motherfucker. That dude fronted efforts to commit to wax some of the greatest tunes ever. Flash forward to his performances with Gorillaz after "Plastic Beach": EVERYTHING was wrong, even with the older songs. Especially with the older songs.

God damn. If musicians all went to school together in some strange alternate universe, he's the dude who sits behind Thom Yorke making paper airplanes and throwing them at him.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Rodheh wrote:God damn. If musicians all went to school together in some strange alternate universe, he's the dude who sits behind Thom Yorke making paper airplanes and throwing them at him.
CTFU It's funny because it's true.

I haven't seen any Damon live performances, but I'm quite a fan of his work. "Everyday Robots" makes me teary.

Happy Cycler
I actually think Damon is a fantastic songwriter, contrary to popular opinion he is actually very underrated. I met him once in London on the steps of the V&A museum, I didn't really say much as he gave me and my mate a look which said "please don't talk to me, I am just trying to smoke this cigarette in peace" so we just nodded and exchanged hellos. But yeah, he and Graham Coxon have made some of my most cherished music, when you look past the cliche Britpop anthems (Country House etc..) Blur were actually a fucking great band. 13 and their self titled album are phenomenal.
Last edited by fujee on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Happy Cycler
Oh, I love Damon's work. Self-titled Blur (and also Think Tank - my friends don't care for it as much as I do - they also don't care for Norman Cook involved in anything and that's part of the reason I like that block of work there, as a huge FS fan and a Blur fan), self-titled Gorillaz, Demon Days (bit less than the self-titled) and D-Sides all contributed to the shaping of my musical outlook.

Also, as someone not from Britain, the Britpop tracks didn't end up being any sort of major irritant to my friends and I. Though shit like Beetlebum and Song 2 did to some extent over time simply because we heard them SO MUCH, outside of the little social circle about music I was in. Blur didn't have a huge presence here though so I'm not tremendously surprised that it was pretty much just those songs.

I feel like he just lost his touch somewhere along the path. I know some people who greatly enjoy Damon's work (solo, Gorillaz, etc.) from more recent years but it just doesn't connect with me in the same way. Part of it is direction but another part of it is that he as a singer and a writer just changed in such a way that his output appeals more to a different audience.

At least that's my opinion on it.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Sherbet Head
Does anyone here know what Birmingham is like? How's the music scene?

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground