This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I was pretty drunk yesterday evening. Here's some stuff

Interesting about Edinburgh, A_Northern_Soul. I guess you're choosing not to share how you're voting from the tone of your post - but whichever way it goes I hope politics in Scotland has changed course for good. Everybody's talking about it here. Shops, restaurants, pubs, taxis, trains... everybody wants to know "aye so how will you be voting on the 18th then?"

Sorry, I feel like this is all I post about these days but it's really all anyone is talking about up here. I've went from being a bit of a disengaged no voter to being a radical separatist haha.

Frankly I'm actually pissed right off about the prospect of a no vote. It's the "mystery box". Are we gonna leave Europe? It would be fucking fatal for our economy if we do... are we gonna continue to punish impoverished and disabled people? Westminster is heading in that direction with even Labour now promising more cuts. There is nothing left for us in the UK. Frankly if the only thing the UK has to offer is a shared currency and sense of historical achievement then it can fuck right off. It's about something bigger than that.

I would never really say it in public as it's a bit of a social faux pas - but I agree largely with a sentiment I read online.. In the event of a no vote, if the UK is still swirling round the drain in 3 years, I will have precisely no sympathy or respect for "no voters" who realise they made a mistake. This is important. Get it fucking right the first and only time.

Edit: Sorry if you're voting no A_Northern_Soul, don't take any of the above personally - I have friends, colleagues and family who are voting no who I will continue to respect after the event... it just riles me right up :P

Happy Cycler
Techboy wrote:

Edit: Sorry if you're voting no A_Northern_Soul, don't take any of the above personally - I have friends, colleagues and family who are voting no who I will continue to respect after the event... it just riles me right up :P

I have outed myself ;)

See the independence thread - you won't like it though...

Happy Cycler
I am now living in Brighton, any Twoismers south coastal? Lets go for a pint!
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

fujee wrote:I am now living in Brighton, any Twoismers south coastal? Lets go for a pint!

Careful you fool.

SHE could be watching..... :shock:

Holy smoke, she's got a game show now!!!!

:shock: :D :lol: :shock: :!:

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Bloody good point Mex :shock:

Regardless, see ya next month for AWVFTS? 8)
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

fujee wrote:Bloody good point Mex :shock:

:D

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
On the game show each week the winner will receive the keys to... wait a minute, where are they?

GH wrote:On the game show each week the winner will receive the keys to... wait a minute, where are they?

:lol:

I see what you did there..

Slow down...

GH wrote:On the game show each week the winner will receive the keys to... wait a minute, where are they?
I miss that troll so hard.

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:
fujee wrote:Bloody good point Mex :shock:

:D

Same here :)

Happy Cycler
Awesome, see you then dude! :)

Eagle Minded
I need to share the fact that I've been using the first 12 seconds of Open the Light as my alarm and since then my awakenings have been so good.
---
Fuck transphobes

Dayvan Cowboy
Gutted that I couldn't make it to this on Sunday -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrq6Fe42RnI

jcnporter wrote:Gutted that I couldn't make it to this on Sunday -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrq6Fe42RnI

ARGH! NO SPOILERS!!!
Barbican gig coming up soon....

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Radiobuzz wrote:I need to share the fact that I've been using the first 12 seconds of Open the Light as my alarm and since then my awakenings have been so good.

thats a pretty brilliant idea.. waking up to the most pleasant sound possible is a great way to start the day, rather than immediately getting anxiety from a loud alarm or buzzing sound.

open the light has always been to me one of the most relaxing boc songs. so you couldnt have chose a better track to wake to. even the name of the track is fitting for waking up, lol

Dayvan Cowboy
Fireal420 wrote:
Radiobuzz wrote:I need to share the fact that I've been using the first 12 seconds of Open the Light as my alarm and since then my awakenings have been so good.

thats a pretty brilliant idea.. waking up to the most pleasant sound possible is a great way to start the day, rather than immediately getting anxiety from a loud alarm or buzzing sound.

open the light has always been to me one of the most relaxing boc songs. so you couldnt have chose a better track to wake to. even the name of the track is fitting for waking up, lol

Or when used for a long period, you will associate the track with having to wake up, and you'll start to hate it with a passion.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
I had this stereo with little motorized surround speakers that rotated into place when you turned it on. So I used to set the alarm on it to blast Ventolin at full volume. Didn't matter how deep my sleep was, the sound of the "clunk! Whirrrrrrrrr" of the thing turning on was enough to get me out of bed and across the room to hit the power before it woke up the whole house. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Weird, I thought I'd posted a reply but apparently it didn't come through.

Anyway, funny you should mention that Messiah because I once used Ventolin to scare off a couple who were at my favorite haunt one evening. I tried multiple obnoxious songs including 'the fox' but nothing worked until I decided I could put on the most god-awful, hellish noise imaginable. They both tore themselves away from each other and just gave me a sideways look of pure evil.

I felt kind of bad about it at afterwards but it still makes me chuckle to think of it.

Eagle Minded
At a music festival wearing my Boards of Canada shirt, girl sees it and says

"Hey I like your Boards of Canada shirt. Are they playing here today?"

I really wishhhhhhh
You're gonna carry that weight.

Posts Quantity
girl wrote:Hey I like your Boards of Canada shirt. Are they playing here today?

"See that turquoise van on the hilltop?"

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground