THE ANGRY RANT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Cupz wrote:Not sure you should be posting screenshots like that, Jonse. I'm not condoning his actions by any means but lets not make this a public ordeal.

I don't care that I posted a screenshot of Nyetscape saying "fuck you" over Steam after he unblocked me a month later out of the blue in this particular thread. Not to be offensive to you. You're great. Everyone's great. I would have thought he could laugh at it too.

This is only concerning the apparent anger he decided to take out on me now multiple times, past relevance.

I didn't drop his name or his address or anything anyone doesn't need to know. When you do what he did and bring it up randomly over a month later for no reason, I have no tolerance. I don't like Nyetscape if this is how he really is. I could say a lot more about others, too, but I'll leave them out of this stupid one way drama.

If it's a big deal that I mentioned who with what happened when it did to a certain degree, I'll edit my post to remove those details.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
No, I don't want to log into, or store anything in or on 'the cloud', so stop fucking asking me, please.
I prefer my personal information to be y'know, personal, on something I own.
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, or, naive, maybe I'm a luddite who doesn't know what I'm talking about?

Happy Cycler
Landlords, seriously what the hell. Laws need to be MUCH tighter in this country regarding letting. Its completely fucked up how much they can get away with. My bathroom has a hole in the wall near the floor, when people shower the water runs off the shower door and into this hole, if you don't close it quickly it leaks into downstairs flats bedroom. This hole isn't small either, and its an old Victorian house. I feel so bad for the family downstairs, they are the soundest neighbours going, really friendly and helpful. We've contacted the landlord and they replied asking if it is constant or not, what does that fucking matter? there is a leak in the house and its running on to a light fixture downstairs. I feel so awful, I've apologised to them profusely, and explained the landlord is lackadaisical about the whole thing. Fuck, if I was earning the money they do from this property I would have the presence of mind and moral conscience to ensure everything was sound and not impeding on others, or the tenants. Ugh, people are so greedy.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Give them your landlord's details and tell them to claim off their insurance for any damage to contents etc. I'd also email or write to your landlord so you can prove you told them. Also, living in the town you do, always remember ita full of shysters and general ne'er do wells. Trust no bugger! Good luck dude.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
I spoke the guy downstairs, apparently its happened before with previous tennants. I've gone out and bought some expanding foam and a wooden board to sure it up for now, with their blessing.. and told flat mates to be mindful of it all. Hopefully should be okay. Landlord said they'll come in the week to see what they can do. They aren't as bad a landlord as some but they could be way better. Letting is such a minefield, and to think some Conservative gobshites voted against the bill for revenge evictions this week. So bad.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Take before/after photos of any work you do and keep receipts as proof too. Landlord disputes can get messy.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Aye, cheers mate.

Friendly Stranger
How the hell do you have a reasoned drug talk with your own Mother? I accidentally stumbled into an admittance that I recreationally take drugs. Whilst I understand her concerns, it's just frightening how anti-drugs she is. I just want to be able to have a proper conversation with her about it. She's pretty much aligning weed with heroin. I've tried explaining how much worse alcohol is, and that she should view that as a drug, too, but she's having none of it. I've tried explaining that if I was smoking weed every day then that would indeed be problematic, just like if I was to drink alcohol every day, but to no avail. I've pointed out drug statistics, explained the theory of prevention from harm as a method for tackling drug abuse, rather than demonisation of even casual use. I've explained the political and cultural reasoning behind public perception of certain drugs. I've been in to how alcohol is the only thing I've done which has made me a prick and how it's hard to stop drinking once you get drunk, whereas plenty of other drugs aren't like that.

I just don't think it's a discussion I can come out of well and I certainly can't have this conversation with my Dad. I understand why you'd be concerned as a parent, but to be so anti is just ridiculous. I hate the war on drugs.

Dayvan Cowboy
I just feel 10 l of diesel instead of petrol in my car..and it is not even my, this is gonna cost

Call AA etc! Do NOT drive unless you've only put a drop in and can flood with the correct fuel. Good luck!

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Thanks mate! Just drag it to the nearest service, gonna wait for tomorrow, but I think I damage the engine and injection system, will know tomorrow I guess

Dayvan Cowboy
Unless you've started the car and diesel got into the system, you should be OK, a garage will be able to flush it out.

^^ correct.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
yeah they flush it out, everything is ok now, thanks guys!

Sherbet Head
ill just snowball on top of that landlord post

how long am i supposed to live with a boiler that doesnt fucking work? i have been reporting this since september, the plumber has been here 7 times, he's just left here again and told me to "only report directly to him in future and not tell the estate agents because there's no point" - no point to tell them you still havent done your fucking job??? WHAT??????? he tells me he doesn't have time to do anything properly - so surely the estate agents should get someone else here???? but no, they tell me the landlord only approves of this one guy so he's the only one that will ever be coming. tell you what mate, ill pay 6 grand a year to feel like i live outdoors, never you mind.

we have an inspection tomorrow, if i hear anything about the rent going up :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Happy Cycler
Cupz wrote:Not sure you should be posting screenshots like that, Jonse. I'm not condoning his actions by any means but lets not make this a public ordeal.

I like Chris. Maybe my joke was a little crude, but I really thought he could laugh at it. Like a silly insiders joke. You know how I am. :roll: I still believe I was the straw that broke the camels back. :cry:

Anyway, listen twoism, disregarding this, the skype group is really fun, I promise!

Guess my response got lost in the ether of old Twoism. Chris made it a public ordeal and he can hide in his security blanket of vaporwave and tumblr as long as he wants, I'm not going to think any different about what happened in the past, exaggerate it or pretend it never happened though.

On topic: what the fuck is "Deep House"? Seriously, I saw a track on Soundcloud with that in the title and I wanted to puke. I guess that it's an established genre but seriously, Deep House? Fuck that noise.

Friendly Stranger
louise wrote:ill just snowball on top of that landlord post

how long am i supposed to live with a boiler that doesnt fucking work? i have been reporting this since september, the plumber has been here 7 times, he's just left here again and told me to "only report directly to him in future and not tell the estate agents because there's no point" - no point to tell them you still havent done your fucking job??? WHAT??????? he tells me he doesn't have time to do anything properly - so surely the estate agents should get someone else here???? but no, they tell me the landlord only approves of this one guy so he's the only one that will ever be coming. tell you what mate, ill pay 6 grand a year to feel like i live outdoors, never you mind.

we have an inspection tomorrow, if i hear anything about the rent going up :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

How was the inspection? Hope you kicked some ass.

Sherbet Head
well the woman was actually nice and said the rent wont go up anytime soon because of all the problems. so thats cool.

fixed the (gas) boiler ourselves, its fun to now have warmth and that slight fear that "maybe this is the day it will explode" :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
So we are now supposed to call it the coca cola london eye. Like a lot of things - sports grounds, other public buildings - its been branded. I really resent this corporate encroachment on public space.

Happy Cycler
MrMessiah wrote:So we are now supposed to call it the coca cola london eye. Like a lot of things - sports grounds, other public buildings - its been branded. I really resent this corporate encroachment on public space.

Can't possibly resonate with you more here.

The idea of installing lights that make it red instead of blue for a change (however long) is interesting.

But aside colors, the fact that it's tied to some corporate bullshit is undeniably disgusting.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground