This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

I believe they can, yes. Isn't it also used to determine council tax or something? Could be wrong.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Never heard that, I thought that was done on the census they do every 10 years.

I hate the census - so intrusive. And, the last time we did one, the guy who came round to take it nearly got clocked by my wife. She's the main breadwinner in our house, but he insisted on putting all my information down first as I was the "man, and the head of the household". My feminist hackles barely had time to rise before the shout of "you WHAT?" Every time she's told that story she's said "if they pull that shit again next time..." :D

Dayvan Cowboy
MrMessiah wrote:Never heard that, I thought that was done on the census they do every 10 years.

I hate the census - so intrusive. And, the last time we did one, the guy who came round to take it nearly got clocked by my wife. She's the main breadwinner in our house, but he insisted on putting all my information down first as I was the "man, and the head of the household". My feminist hackles barely had time to rise before the shout of "you WHAT?" Every time she's told that story she's said "if they pull that shit again next time..." :D

Wow, that is unbelievable...

Ha! Just noticed the 'Birthday' feature on the forum. Didn't realise this was a thing now?
So, a big Twoism-moderator 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' going out to 'TodderSpeedBump', whoever you are?!?
Almost two years since signing up, uploading an avatar and telling us your birthday, and still no posts...

Playin' all coy and hard to get eh? You wallflower you.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Ha! Just noticed the 'Birthday' feature on the forum. Didn't realise this was a thing now?
So, a big Twoism-moderator 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' going out to 'TodderSpeedBump', whoever you are?!?
Almost two years since signing up, uploading an avatar and telling us your birthday, and still no posts...

Playin' all coy and hard to get eh? You wallflower you.

It has always been there I believe, phpbb2 had that feature.

I'm sure he appreciates the kind words :p

Sherbet Head
meeehhh!!!!!! i got 100% on a literacy test today...and failed the maths one that went with it. 'sake!! is there such a thing as maths dyslexia? im bad enough for people to become visibly frustrated with me when they're trying to teach me....including every teacher i ever had. i didnt pass my gcse in it until i was 25 fgs. and now im being tested again.

I CANNOT do mental arithmetic. my brain doesnt do it. everyone insists on maths qualifications and skills...but no employer ever asked me to convert a fraction into a decimal or convert x pounds into euros on the spot unaided >:(

you should be more concerned i got a driving license than the fact i cant work out these stupid questions quick enough

Dayvan Cowboy
louise wrote:meeehhh!!!!!! i got 100% on a literacy test today...and failed the maths one that went with it. 'sake!! is there such a thing as maths dyslexia? im bad enough for people to become visibly frustrated with me when they're trying to teach me....including every teacher i ever had. i didnt pass my gcse in it until i was 25 fgs. and now im being tested again.

I CANNOT do mental arithmetic. my brain doesnt do it. everyone insists on maths qualifications and skills...but no employer ever asked me to convert a fraction into a decimal or convert x pounds into euros on the spot unaided >:(

you should be more concerned i got a driving license than the fact i cant work out these stupid questions quick enough

Can you solve n·logax = logaxn?

If so you win an internet cookie :P

Dayvan Cowboy
louise wrote:meeehhh!!!!!! i got 100% on a literacy test today...and failed the maths one that went with it. 'sake!! is there such a thing as maths dyslexia?

There actually is... http://wikipedia.com/wiki/dyscalculia

Sherbet Head
MrMessiah wrote:
louise wrote:meeehhh!!!!!! i got 100% on a literacy test today...and failed the maths one that went with it. 'sake!! is there such a thing as maths dyslexia?

There actually is... http://wikipedia.com/wiki/dyscalculia

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

and..................mass email.

Telepath
Watch out though, being dyscalcic on your medical file can seriously damage your position in the job market. Are you SURE you're trying hard enough?

Sherbet Head
A point well raised cupz. I do try, but i just dont get it.Its like i would be looking at greek letters, it just doesnt make sense. The maths i can do takes an immense amount of time to do, which under test conditions is just......

Friendly Stranger
Sorry, I don't know the right place to post this.
But I made this...

I kinda like it. :P
It's true everything you do is a balloon, in the end we all go pop.

Dayvan Cowboy
Occasional drunkpost

Dayvan Cowboy
Occasional happypost

Happy Cycler
So.... Umm.... Hi.

Just realised I haven't posted here since at least November! :/

How are we all? I've missed you guys....

Sherbet Head
A_Northern_Soul wrote:So.... Umm.... Hi.

what the hell!? why not?!

i guess its the right time to ask...how was your Christmas? :D

Missed you soft lad! You know you're always welcome round this way chap ;-)

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:

Missed you soft lad! You know you're always welcome round this way chap ;-)

Cheers! No sinister reason for my absence - just a case of life getting in the way.

Christmas was AMAZING, thanks Louise. Kids totally got into it.

Happy Cycler
Good to have you back mate :)
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

SOMEONE ELSE POST
SOMEONE ELSE POST
SOMEONE ELSE POST
SOMEONE ELSE POST

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground