This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
:}

Telepath
There was a time where I would hump my pillow a lot. If I would be single now I'd probably make a bad-ass custom sex-pillow.

Well you can't unthink that can you?!? Vivid image.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:There was a time where I would hump my pillow a lot. If I would be single now I'd probably make a bad-ass custom sex-pillow.

Have you ever watched Burn After Reading? There is a 'contraption' in that movie, albeit for women

Also mexi, you must know Cupz well enough by now!

Also that made me laugh so hard I spat out the tea I was drinking a bit

Eagle Minded
_otel 8 r255 1-4am
by Lxnnnie Rutledzh

“Sorry.” Said the glutton to the whore,
“I’ve only got the twenty hark for sure.”
“What’s it in for ever on the week?”
She was only echoed; she could hardly speak—
“If and when this illness fades the core,
We can fairly barely way it by the shore.”
“Oh, so let them wild eyed in peace.”
He thought her mights could well concur in crease.
For if the livens open up like Hell—
She climbed the slidey walls to eat the well.
“I’d make it black to top with solid storm!”
The glutton wanted lest that more would form.
Calling the others sick duplexed in rest—
She’ll taken birch to strider texting dressed.
He wouldn’t perplex the messing crownder forth.
Besideth rain was clouding in the north.

Well whence the henchmen of the watch were one;
They only saw the opus of the sun.

Down was in the glutton’s harsh reply,
She winced and then she inkly scarred to cry.
“Why is glasster break when shelling me?
I try in shining miles beside the sea.”
Sixer nine the timed when he forgone,
When every side she did was mauling on.
“You pay for when the night is closing in.”
He tried to bargain yarn with oxen grin.
The pattern in the brack was past to go—
The henchmen galactic alien ellipsis glow.
Everything was frazzled tuckered luck,
They’d given the gods a tug with muzzled muck.
“Look in tune with halos we could weave….
Your stars align alive in my believe.”
The whore took in hand the glutton’s dreamed
And on the on in gride the gliding seemed.

En so.
:INDIFFERENT SPACES:
all albums [IS1-IS13] available here:
http://indifferentspaces.bandcamp.com

Sherbet Head
a fledgling sparrow died in my hands today. i think its neck was broken but it was still alive when i found it on the doorstep, literally the saddest thing of my year so far, bleh :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nova Scotia Robot
On a positive note: Playing GTA V while listening to Flamingo Pudding is AWESOME!!!

Happy Cycler
it would certainly make everything you're doing a little more fun and cartoony instead of GRITTY and REALISTIC

Nova Scotia Robot
The Telepathic Kid wrote:it would certainly make everything you're doing a little more fun and cartoony instead of GRITTY and REALISTIC

exactly! it's less serious and more "fun". Just driving around enjoying the beautiful graphics, snapping pics here and there fits so well.

Dayvan Cowboy
I am doing the first full backup of a hard drive that I've ever done.

That is a bit unbelievable isn't it? I've never done a full backup.

I guess I waited until I got to the point where I actually have valuable data that I can't loose (i.e. can't redownload).

Happy Cycler
Cool article about CD's on the Guardian today

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/m ... -its-shine
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Speaking of recording mediums, does anyone have difficulty adjusting to the sound of vinyl after you've heard the album in digital or CD format?

For example, I love Beach House. I've heard the album "Bloom" on CD a million times but I'm listening to the vinyl of it for the first time tonight. The vocals have a lot more clarity in them, it's a lot more dynamic and overall drastically softer..it's BEAUTIFUL sounding, but it took me until the middle of side B to understand the overall sound of the album.

Sometimes, when listening to the vinyl versions of records I ask myself "if this was the only way to hear this record, would I like this artist?" We live in a world where every thing is so dynamically crushed, in our face, full of attitude, begging for our attention, that it's difficult for me to regress back to something softer & more organic sounding...it's strange.

Dayvan Cowboy
2020k wrote:Speaking of recording mediums, does anyone have difficulty adjusting to the sound of vinyl after you've heard the album in digital or CD format?

For example, I love Beach House. I've heard the album "Bloom" on CD a million times but I'm listening to the vinyl of it for the first time tonight. The vocals have a lot more clarity in them, it's a lot more dynamic and overall drastically softer..it's BEAUTIFUL sounding, but it took me until the middle of side B to understand the overall sound of the album.

Sometimes, when listening to the vinyl versions of records I ask myself "if this was the only way to hear this record, would I like this artist?" We live in a world where every thing is so dynamically crushed, in our face, full of attitude, begging for our attention, that it's difficult for me to regress back to something softer & more organic sounding...it's strange.

I really don't have a hard time adjusting to the sound of Vinyl at all. But, in all fairness, BoC is pretty much the only artist (yet) I own on both Vinyl and CD. I like how everything sounds on CD, but Vinyl just has that extra touch to it.

Oh, and by the way, Bloom is a very good album!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
Branches and roots only stretch so far

Happy Cycler
Woah. Just putting this little observation down here: do NOT listen to Nine-Rubber Wisdom with headphones that have crisp highs at a high volume. The 25 second mark will destroy your ears.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Rodheh wrote:Woah. Just putting this little observation down here: do NOT listen to Nine-Rubber Wisdom with headphones that have crisp highs at a high volume. The 25 second mark will destroy your ears.

Same thing happened to me with Music for Pylons once upon a time. The mastering on that and The Color of the Fire (maxima version at the transition to the next track) can really take you by surprise.

Happy Cycler
Aerial Boundaries wrote:
Rodheh wrote:Woah. Just putting this little observation down here: do NOT listen to Nine-Rubber Wisdom with headphones that have crisp highs at a high volume. The 25 second mark will destroy your ears.

Same thing happened to me with Music for Pylons once upon a time. The mastering on that and The Color of the Fire (maxima version at the transition to the next track) can really take you by surprise.

Mastering or lack thereof.

Damn homemade cassette tapes. :lol:

Telepath
The ethics of "BoC-alike" production. Boooh.
Censorship. Boooooooooh.
Lensy. Booooooooh.
Cupz. Boooooooooooh.

Happy Cycler
Best suited to the the random thread, Cupz and I bring you the half-assed fan successor to the Jared Reviews series which you've probably never heard. The return of the return of the Random Impromptu Podcast. It's not quite actually a podcast, it was impromptu, our voices were sped up by 30% and it contains nothing but 100% bullshit edited in audacity. Ladies and gentleman, enjoy:

phpBB [media]

(seriously, if you're not a fan of absurdity in an audio format somewhat akin to YouTube Poop, this will be a major waste of time) :lol:

(also PM us if you want to join the insanity)

Dayvan Cowboy
I am glad you didn't decide to chop up your voices throughout the whole thing haha. It was quite funny at first but it would have worn it's welcome.

Anyway I'd just like to comment on your conversation about 'Are BOC rich?'. I remember reading one of the interviews that they had a fairly middle class upbringing (and both of their parents were musical), that coupled with their comments about how little artists make and their university education gives me the impression that they have relatively comfortable day jobs alongside their musical work. I actually have the completely unsubstantiated feeling that they teach or tutor in some way. Perhaps to do with music or otherwise. But I feel strongly that they are involved in academic work for some reason, one or both of them. But again that is completely unsubstantiated.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground