This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

House rules don't allow it I'm afraid.

Slow down...

Mexicola wrote:Wait til you guys get to Dorset 2016 ;-)

i don't think 2016 is in the cards for me ($$$ rules the world), but I want to make it to a meet up out there some time. This Chicago trip was probably one of the funnest getaways I've had in my life. It's definitely in the top 3. We went to the Adler Planetarium because Danny remembered that The Flashbulb scored one of their shows there and went into an Enchanted Forest where we found something extremely interesting if the "video footage" ever decides to surface.

:wink:

Completely off topic: is there a way for Apple Music users to JUST SEE the music they made "Available Offline" so that it's easy to delete the downloaded records for storage space, when needed? I downloaded so much music for the drive in and out of the city. Spotify has those cute little green things but Apple Music imports entire iTunes music libraries (mine, like many users here, is massive, and makes it difficult to sift through on an iPhone. Sigh). This is one of the only things that makes me want to make the move back to Spotify.

You know you guys are welcome anytime. We ain't going anywhere anytime soon ;-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy

Pissing myself laughing at Techboy and a certain Christ.opher Horne discussion the risks of reheating rice on Facebook.

Sometimes the world is too weird..

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
oh I gotta see this brb

edit: hahaha

Telepath
Is it me or is Valotonin a really cool person?

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:Is it me or is Valotonin a really cool person?

Yes, the latter.

Nova Scotia Robot
I went to the beach today. It's a beach whose location is really only known by locals. You have to walk through a forest to get to it.
Anyways, someone was already there and had brought a nice stereo system with fancy speakers. They were playing some sort of jazz music at first. After about an hour of them playing jazz, they started playing Pink Floyd. I thought: hey, cool. I like Pink Floyd a lot, this is nice. Then out of nowhere Windowlicker starts playing! I got excited to hear someone out in my neck of the woods playing Aphex Twin. There are so very few people out here that have a similar taste in music that I have. After that they played some Autechre too. Man, I was so delighted. What a great trip to the beach! Shoulda worn my Aphex T-shirt...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwWWWWHOOOOAAAAAAAUP. <--- Hearing that in public is priceless.

(For the tired: That's the opening noise in "Windowlicker") :lol:

Happy Cycler
MrMessiah wrote:Image

What is this?

This looks extremely similar to something I designed two years ago...though given how simple it is I'm not particularly surprised, just interested.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Glyphs from the game "Ingress" - the language of the alien race that seeded creativity in the world that the players are either trying to defend or harness. In this case, "The past inside the present" :)

Dayvan Cowboy
You know you have interesting friends who challenge you with new ideas, when they show you a video entitled "Vomit Cake" on youtube.

Happy Cycler
Hell yeah, I've seen that.

Love me some Filthy Frank.

Happy Cycler
phpBB [media]

it's BoC - Now in guitar pedal form!

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't mind 4chan until it's hateful, vacuous, knowingly ironic culture spews forth into other online realms. Half the sites I visit are infected with terms such as 'pleb' 'meme' 'maymay' (wtf does that mean?) and 'kek'. And all manner of racial slurs just for the sake of it.

Eagle Minded
Aerial Boundaries wrote:I don't mind 4chan until it's hateful, vacuous, knowingly ironic culture spews forth into other online realms. Half the sites I visit are infected with terms such as 'pleb' 'meme' 'maymay' (wtf does that mean?) and 'kek'. And all manner of racial slurs just for the sake of it.

It's a neat website if you go to the right places. /b/ is not one of those places.
Red -
Orange - Aquarius
Yellow - Alpha and Omega
Green -
Blue -
Purple - Music is Math

Dayvan Cowboy
valleaux wrote:
Aerial Boundaries wrote:I don't mind 4chan until it's hateful, vacuous, knowingly ironic culture spews forth into other online realms. Half the sites I visit are infected with terms such as 'pleb' 'meme' 'maymay' (wtf does that mean?) and 'kek'. And all manner of racial slurs just for the sake of it.

It's a neat website if you go to the right places. /b/ is not one of those places.

/mu/ is okish, I used to enjoy /g/ but it's gotten really bad now. /ck/ can be fun.

Lately I'm really sick of this 'SJW' thing. They're a bunch of fools, using it to label anyone with a remotely progressive view (regardless of whether that view is sensible or not) as an idiot, and therefore stifling meaningful debate.

Happy Cycler
forgive my ignorance, but what is SJW?

Dayvan Cowboy
Social Justice Warrior. Depending on who you talk to it either refers to a 'retarded liberal' or an actual organised conspiracy of some sort.

It's just used to character assassinate anyone with a different view to you.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground