The Sell/Trade BoC Merch Thread

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Group Hex wrote:Test pressing of “Broken Drum” re-mix, instrumental on side b. PAY POSTAGE ONLY. First come, first served.

Vinyl claimed. And look at that, no “market value” concerns!

Eagle Minded
Group Hex wrote:
Group Hex wrote:Test pressing of “Broken Drum” re-mix, instrumental on side b. PAY POSTAGE ONLY. First come, first served.

I'd say you fall into the category of "a really love person". :D

New Seed
Group Hex wrote:

Your generosity and kind spirit fill us all up with life. 'Tis the season mate, lol

Boqurant
Is it possible to get a NM copy of Aquarius 7" for under $100 :(

Eagle Minded

Was this ever officially released as a single or did it only exist as a TP? Never heard of a standalone vinyl release of it

Eagle Minded
Nottoolate wrote:

Was this ever officially released as a single or did it only exist as a TP? Never heard of a standalone vinyl release of it

Yeah, I'm super curious on this. It would be a test pressing of an entirely new release, considering there are no releases with an instrumental version. How did you get a hold of this gem Group Hex?

Posts Quantity
It wasn’t an official vinyl release, for some reason. My father is a mastering engineer and worked on Beck’s “Guero” album, including the remixes. For one reason or another, the remixes were all made into test pressings individually. Not sure why they weren’t pressed up and released.

I just got sick having it sitting around, and hence decided to pretty much give away one of my two copies.

Eagle Minded
Group Hex wrote:It wasn’t an official vinyl release, for some reason. My father is a mastering engineer and worked on Beck’s “Guero” album, including the remixes. For one reason or another, the remixes were all made into test pressings individually. Not sure why they weren’t pressed up and released.

I just got sick having it sitting around, and hence decided to pretty much give away one of my two copies.

Wow, that's awesome man!

Eagle Minded
Group Hex wrote:It wasn’t an official vinyl release, for some reason. My father is a mastering engineer and worked on Beck’s “Guero” album, including the remixes. For one reason or another, the remixes were all made into test pressings individually. Not sure why they weren’t pressed up and released.

Genuinely, despite my chat above, that's crazy generous of you man, wish I'd spent my energy asking for the vinyl as opposed to justifying being a douche rofl.

Eagle Minded

Wild. Hope whoever got it adds it to discogs lol

Posts Quantity
Would be great if someone could rip one of those instrumental B-Sides since as far as I know a pristine instrumental for BoC's Broken Drum doesn't exist anywhere, would love to dig deeper into the drums on that one!
mikeyholmes.bandcamp.com

Posts Quantity
adecentman wrote:Would be great if someone could rip one of those instrumental B-Sides since as far as I know a pristine instrumental for BoC's Broken Drum doesn't exist anywhere, would love to dig deeper into the drums on that one!

Absolutely won’t happen. Guaranteed.

Boqurant
Looking for Aquarius 7" in good shape.

Sherbet Head
Who owns rare music and doesn't share it.. does my head in.

Dayvan Cowboy
This needs to happen!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Posts Quantity
chronical wrote:Who owns rare music and doesn't share it.. does my head in.

It's called having artistic respect. It's not mine to share, dingleberry.

Sherbet Head
Group Hex wrote:

But you sold one copy to a random stranger for postage only? Which is sharing, right, elderberry?

Dayvan Cowboy
Unless it is one on the list of recordings that BoC aren't happy with people sharing which something I have the utmost respect for as if someone got ahold of my old recordings and released them, their life would rather swiftly become a living hell, I don't see any reason not to share it with the community.

Does anyone know where BoC stand on that instrumental?

Posts Quantity
chronical wrote:
Group Hex wrote:

But you sold one copy to a random stranger for postage only? Which is sharing, right, elderberry?

Absolutely not a stranger, trust me. And this person only paid for shipping.

More importantly, you know full well I'm talking about sharing online and the like. Gooseberry.

Sherbet Head
You bum me out man. Cloudberry.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada