GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
How does The Fortunate Sons tie in to this?

Boqurant
Everything got much more interesting overnight!

I find the youtube video suspicious. It was posted to reddit by a one shot account within an hour of having been uploaded. If it was BoC, I feel they would let fans do the work, rather than funnel them so forcefully. Just strikes me as a bit suspicious, but I would not mind being wrong on this.

Posts Quantity
I stg this is Tomorrow's Harvest all over again
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Sherbet Head
There is a string of numbers in the description of the clip. I don't know if that means anything.

0000039A 00000586 00003489 00006999 0000DB2F 00002F58 00007DA4 00007F14 000053C6 00009C6D

Boqurant
Interesting. Where are those strings of numbers? I never came across that.

Also, I saw the Catherine Fell youtube was set up on 8 August, so I wonder what else is out there ready to go live?

Posts Quantity
Those numbers mean a lot actually holy shit let me go decode them.

Posts Quantity
They look VERY similar to hexdump however when put through hexdump you only get

".."

Then, however, when put through decimal, then hex, then octal, you get "11". That has an entropy of 0.00 (entropy being the chance of it being junk data, the higher the more likely chance it's junk, the lower the more chance it's legit).

Where did you find these?

Boqurant
The discussion section on that new Catherine Fell youtube account has a single post linking to the BoC bandcamp. Very recent comment/link. Have BoC always had a bandcamp?

Eagle Minded
Looks like a placeholder - I don't remember them having one, but there's nothing listed...gave it a follow, just in case.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
I made the BoC bandcamp as a joke - I was wondering "haha what if i signed up as an artist as boc so funny", and the link actually turned out to be available. It's not their actual account. Sorry.

Boqurant
Zephyr Method wrote:I made the BoC bandcamp as a joke - I was wondering "haha what if i signed up as an artist as boc so funny", and the link actually turned out to be available. It's not their actual account. Sorry.

Argh, you bastard! I will retract my follow now.

Sigh.

Friendly Stranger
What I can't figure out is if the Clyp file is either an extension of the Youtube video, or vice-versa. They mirror each other and there are repeating elements. Anyone have any further insights?

If this is a hoax, it's a very elaborate and multidimensional one, coordinated across different streaming and social media platforms. I wasn't around for the TH ARG, but I admired its' reach and conceptual framework. Could there be a clue for a future virtual listening party? A live stream? Another radio appearance? The possibilities are endless.

Sherbet Head
Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. Life and a rib eye steak and whatnot. Anyway, if you save the entire page that the clip is embedded in, then you get the .mp3 file. If you open it in something like VLC or look at the properties of the file, then you get the string of numbers in the description property of the file.

Boqurant
Has anyone screen shotted the photo and mucked around with saturation and contrast etc? I just played around with the image, and the lighting under the pier appears to spell “..ELL...”. There are also two possible figures backgrounded. However, I think I am just reading too much into it and this is observer bias. Its like the old Loch Ness photos!

However, the photo seems intetesting. It has a pinkish saturated band at the bottom, the lighting under the pier seems off, and I either wonder if it has anything too it, or if it is just a conceptual mood setter (ie, is there any hidden text, or is the concept the key?). Or is this just wisful thinking and a non starter?

Sherbet Head
I don't think you can trust anything you get from an screenshot of the image. You would need to find the original image. For example, some time ago, we stumbled on an account for Hell Interface. When I opened the image in hex view, I found the words Silicon Filter Grail. To this day, we don't know if it means anything, but the words Silicon Filter Grail lead to a short song called Woah that was supposedly by Hell Interface. The song was a revered, chopped, and cut song in the vain of Telephasic Workshop that sounded like a religious service.

Eagle Minded
is this hex string something you can get from all Clyp files or was this intentionally put there?
no information at this moment in time

Boqurant
Has anyone worked out the youtube sample? Extracting the right side audio and reversing it, it says something like “theyve placed it all together...[something indistinct about “next”]...[something] big feelings”. Is that Leary again?

Sherbet Head
Roswell wrote:Is this hex string something you can get from all Clyp files or was this intentionally put there?

It was in the Comments property of the .mp3 file so I imagine it had to be put there by the creator of the file.

On a related note, what even is Clyp? Does anyone even use it? I hadn't even heard of it until a the other day in this thread. If this was an alternate reality game, then why use something so obscure? Wouldn't you want use something the normies use? Perhaps that is just the old man yelling at clouds in me, but who knows?

Dayvan Cowboy
I need to say from the point of view as an innocent bystander. This is either one of the greatest stringalongs of the BOC community in a long time or something mysterious and wonderful is happening.

But just to be wary, there was a guy who attempted something really similar with a sample of BOC sounding music and a cryptic video around March/April.

It wasn't as good or well thoughtout as this but it tricked a plebe like me for a bit.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
I'm bored. Nothing good on the tubes tonight unless you want to watch politicians fellate themselves on national television. Built all the Warhammer models. Not much else to do but veg out in front of computer.

These kinds of things can be fun. I remember going down the deeper (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS1XL6q5djs) rabbit hole a few years ago when they used Weird Number as the cypher for one of their videos. Have you ever watched This House Has People In It or Live Footage of Bears? This thing probably isn't Boards of Canada, but the inevitable troll face at the end will be worth the effort.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada