GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
zeoevil wrote:I'm bored. Nothing good on the tubes tonight unless you want to watch politicians fellate themselves on national television. Built all the Warhammer models. Not much else to do but veg out in front of computer.

These kinds of things can be fun. I remember going down the deeper (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS1XL6q5djs) rabbit hole a few years ago when they used Weird Number as the cypher for one of their videos. Have you ever watched This House Has People In It or Live Footage of Bears? This thing probably isn't Boards of Canada, but the inevitable troll face at the end will be worth the effort.

Lol. Warhammer junky as well? I took painting up again over lockdown to get through the boredom of it all.

Boqurant
zeoevil wrote:
Roswell wrote:Is this hex string something you can get from all Clyp files or was this intentionally put there?

It was in the Comments property of the .mp3 file so I imagine it had to be put there by the creator of the file.

On a related note, what even is Clyp? Does anyone even use it? I hadn't even heard of it until a the other day in this thread. If this was an alternate reality game, then why use something so obscure? Wouldn't you want use something the normies use? Perhaps that is just the old man yelling at clouds in me, but who knows?

Clyp is used a lot in my local music circles. Its a good way of putting out a quick track or excerpt to share for feedback, or to work on collaboratively, without all the guff that comes from soundcloud. Although dropbox is a more private alternative.

Im not sure why it was used here, although there seems to be a spread of mediawhich may be meaningful (twitter, instagram, reddit, clyp, youtube - assuming the latter three are connected, and the poster above is roght about being cautious).

Sherbet Head
vonS wrote:Warhammer junky as well?

I've knocked out quite a bit of my shelf of shame over the last few months. At least there is no more grey tide left. Indomitus has been a mixed blessing. I think I'm getting too old for that level of detail. Wished my painter hadn't moved.

Please no ban for /twoism/ - Warhammer Discussion

Eagle Minded
Negamuse wrote:The reversed speech samples are (when flipped back around) from "Psychedelic Prayers Adapted from the Tao Te Ching", not managed to pull the exact recording, and I probably can't be bothered.
It's from Dr. Timothy Leary ‎– Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) 1967:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6l2pTFLf2Y&t=307s

vonS wrote:Has anyone worked out the youtube sample? Extracting the right side audio and reversing it, it says something like “theyve placed it all together...[something indistinct about “next”]...[something] big feelings”. Is that Leary again?
Not Leary, this guy is British. To me it sounds like he's saying: "(in turn?) they go together. Like the next work of (2-3 syllable artist?)... "all the big things"... "a point"

Dayvan Cowboy
Just logged in and see all this.

I kinda agree with the sentiment that I don't think that we're gonna get another TH campaign.
Would be amazing if something is really happening though.

What do you guys think? Is this actually BoC?
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Posts Quantity
portiss wrote:What do you guys think? Is this actually BoC?

don't think so but still nice to see some sort of activity 8)

Boqurant
portiss wrote:Just logged in and see all this.

I kinda agree with the sentiment that I don't think that we're gonna get another TH campaign.
Would be amazing if something is really happening though.

What do you guys think? Is this actually BoC?

I think its too obvious and literalistic, and too similar to the 2013 event, and so may be a good hoax.

But, saying that, there has been activity from their official accounts, so the timing may be meaningful.

All said, I would like it to be authentic, and I am enjoying the ride, whomever the driver may be.

Eagle Minded
I'm enjoying all of this immensely. I guess the one thing putting me off is that for this to be legit, we'd have to believe it all started with a post on Reddit and something in me just cannot see that.

Also, if I remember back to the Tomorrow's Harvest ARG, once that first vinyl was found it didn't actually all kick off big style until someone phoned the record shop and was informed the vinyl was dropped off by someone from Warp so it wasn't like they created this elaborate coded trail for us to get past just to verify it, all it took was a quick phone call to know it was real whereas if this one is legit, it seems like someone actually going out of their way to make it impossible to verify which you wouldn't really be doing if your goal is to generate hype for a new release.

Dayvan Cowboy
The one thing I don't like about the BOC fandom is the tendency for people to create lies, hoaxes and musical fakes. I guess when the artist themselves isn't present in the community this sort of thing happens, but it is annoying.

Still, I spoke with BOCpages and he said "it sounded legit or at least an extremely talented forger." So you never know.
Last edited by Echelon on Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
...or in place of being able to make a phone call these days with partial lockdowns still in place, "liking" questions on social media could be the replacement kick starter?

Who knows. I'm just having fun with the activity like others have said. Do I really think they would do a similar ARG release? Probably not, but, what else have we got to do at the moment? May as well have some fun with it!
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
ZosoCon wrote:
Negamuse wrote:
vonS wrote:Has anyone worked out the youtube sample? Extracting the right side audio and reversing it, it says something like “theyve placed it all together...[something indistinct about “next”]...[something] big feelings”. Is that Leary again?
Not Leary, this guy is British. To me it sounds like he's saying: "(in turn?) they go together. Like the next work of (2-3 syllable artist?)... "all the big things"... "a point"

I get "He (puts/brings) them all together... like a network of mushrooms... all living things... a ??? "
The same slowed down on the other channel

Friendly Stranger
IronMark wrote:I'm enjoying all of this immensely. I guess the one thing putting me off is that for this to be legit, we'd have to believe it all started with a post on Reddit and something in me just cannot see that.

Also, if I remember back to the Tomorrow's Harvest ARG, once that first vinyl was found it didn't actually all kick off big style until someone phoned the record shop and was informed the vinyl was dropped off by someone from Warp so it wasn't like they created this elaborate coded trail for us to get past just to verify it, all it took was a quick phone call to know it was real whereas if this one is legit, it seems like someone actually going out of their way to make it impossible to verify which you wouldn't really be doing if your goal is to generate hype for a new release.

As much as I'd like to believe otherwise, this additional context to the TH ARG is an astute observation in relation to this post's legitimacy and its' subsequently related activities. What irks me is that if it is a hoax, then it's stealing fire from the recent flurry of genuine BoC activity on their official channels. I was positively chuffed when they liked my comment on IG.

But hey. Like the rest of you, I am enjoying the ride. And will keep believing.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm betting on 8/22 the channel is going to add another video and it's either going to thicken the plot further or just be a "I punked you" video
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I'm betting on 8/22 the channel is going to add another video and it's either going to thicken the plot further or just be a "I punked you" video

Further to that, the Cosecha site had a date of August 22nd (1996 mind you, but still) for the "last login date"
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
darling_candy wrote:
IronMark wrote:I'm enjoying all of this immensely. I guess the one thing putting me off is that for this to be legit, we'd have to believe it all started with a post on Reddit and something in me just cannot see that.

As much as I'd like to believe otherwise, this additional context to the TH ARG is an astute observation in relation to this post's legitimacy and its' subsequently related activities. What irks me is that if it is a hoax, then it's stealing fire from the recent flurry of genuine BoC activity on their official channels. I was positively chuffed when they liked my comment on IG.

But hey. Like the rest of you, I am enjoying the ride. And will keep believing.

I think the flurry of Social Media activity might indeed be indicative that something is on the horizon but I don't think this Reddit trail is it.

I may be misremembering but wasn't there a bit of the same kind of activity in the months preceeding the Tomorrow's Harvest hype? There was the infamous post by someone on their Facebook asking if something new was coming to which they gave the "yes" reply and I think that was about 3 or 4 months before the ARG started but I also seem to remember they did a few likes and things on Twitter as well. Maybe someone who remembers better than me can clarify.

So yeah, I think something is coming within the next year but I do think this Reddit trail is a clever hoax.

Eagle Minded
IronMark wrote:I may be misremembering but wasn't there a bit of the same kind of activity in the months preceeding the Tomorrow's Harvest hype? There was the infamous post by someone on their Facebook asking if something new was coming to which they gave the "yes" reply and I think that was about 3 or 4 months before the ARG started but I also seem to remember they did a few likes and things on Twitter as well. Maybe someone who remembers better than me can clarify. .

We also had MDG making comments prior to the ARG.

Joyrex on WATMM knew something and dropped a few hints, too.

Eagle Minded
drixlin wrote:
IronMark wrote:I may be misremembering but wasn't there a bit of the same kind of activity in the months preceeding the Tomorrow's Harvest hype? There was the infamous post by someone on their Facebook asking if something new was coming to which they gave the "yes" reply and I think that was about 3 or 4 months before the ARG started but I also seem to remember they did a few likes and things on Twitter as well. Maybe someone who remembers better than me can clarify. .

We also had MDG making comments prior to the ARG.

Joyrex on WATMM knew something and dropped a few hints, too.

Yeah I remembering him saying that he had heard a new album was coming in June a good bit before the ARG and not many gave it much credence, it of course was dead on the money.

Sherbet Head
All the fun of the fair.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
zeoevil wrote:
Roswell wrote:Is this hex string something you can get from all Clyp files or was this intentionally put there?

It was in the Comments property of the .mp3 file so I imagine it had to be put there by the creator of the file.

Ohhhh! No, OK these are probably nothing, in that case. (In case people are landing on this post, the numbers 0000039A 00000586 00003489 00006999 0000DB2F 00002F58 00007DA4 00007F14 000053C6 00009C6D)

Those are added by itunes for normalization, and you see them in a LOT of mp3s. In fact if you open up the mp3 file in a hex editor you can see that they're written in a header block called "ITUNNORM". There's another one in there as well which handles seamless playback, it's just a hint for itunes on how to play the MP3.

I wondered where you found them, I didn't even think about saving the MP3 direct from clyp :lol: But yeah.

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:The one thing I don't like about the BOC fandom is the tendency for people to create lies, hoaxes and musical fakes. I guess when the artist themselves isn't present in the community this sort of thing happens, but it is annoying.

No point getting annoyed with fakes, it's just a bit of fun, albeit at our expense but we're ready to lap it up. It's not as if these people are trying to further their own music with them and if they do have some twisted idea that they can jump on the back of BoCs music as a leg up, you can see that does not work, it's pretty much musical suicide because of how possessive fans get over things that are not even theirs.
You could feel the bullshit

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada