GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Tom/Thomas Hatcher here. I'm just a fan, and I've been trying to unpack some of the clues we've received. Super interesting post in reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... &context=3

The image search results approach lead me to try YouTube searching "install-via-tech-part-analogue _ _ _ _ _ _ _" and that led me to the YT user Prohibited Broadcasting, who hosts these two videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWDu8C_X9n8 -- notice the run time is 2:22 even though the song ends before that. For some reason, this video also has the title Saint Nicolas.

I'm about half way through the longer video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQdlvMy3CkE) and it has some heavy old tunes sounds with convincing percussion. Even the BOC warble synth!

I hope this helps--there is definitely some work ahead for those who are into it!

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:Tom/Thomas Hatcher here. I'm just a fan, and I've been trying to unpack some of the clues we've received. Super interesting post in reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... &context=3

The image search results approach lead me to try YouTube searching "install-via-tech-part-analogue _ _ _ _ _ _ _" and that led me to the YT user Prohibited Broadcasting, who hosts these two videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWDu8C_X9n8 -- notice the run time is 2:22 even though the song ends before that. For some reason, this video also has the title Saint Nicolas.

I'm about half way through the longer video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQdlvMy3CkE) and it has some heavy old tunes sounds with convincing percussion. Even the BOC warble synth!

I hope this helps--there is definitely some work ahead for those who are into it!

This is probably what this has been leading to. Another artist committing artistic suicide by trying to fool people they're the Boards.
Probably.
Still, they know what they're doing.

Eagle Minded
This is all just penance for us listening to R35 and Old Tunes when we shouldn’t have been. Our punishment is new album limbo with little cock teases for the rest of our lives.

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:This is all just penance for us listening to R35 and Old Tunes when we shouldn’t have been. Our punishment is new album limbo with little cock teases for the rest of our lives.

You make it sound biblical!

Eagle Minded
It’s all our own doing lol.

Sherbet Head
What's the unspeakable demo?
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
Geogandhi wrote:What's the unspeakable demo?

In the second mystery video (youtube.com/watch?v=dYwb50XSDFw) a user named bigjimmy12 posted "cringe"--that user's profile has one video--a high quality version of the Killing Joke song from Societas X Tape called "Unspeakable" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMYNoZPjg&t=1s). The fact that they got the HQ demo version feels significant.

Sherbet Head
That dude ain't got anything to with it, I think he was just calling the video fake by saying "cringe"

Posts Quantity
Geogandhi wrote:That dude ain't got anything to with it, I think he was just calling the video fake by saying "cringe"

That's fair. But it's worth pointing out. My running theory is that whatever this is about involves shell accounts on YouTube that reveal links/connects/codes. There is no HQ version of this song available anywhere else online, so I'm not sure how some dude would have access to post it and not, say, the official Killing Joke page.

Sherbet Head
I'd say that maybe this dude is maybe more legit than the Fell stuff, maybe he's saying "cringe" because he's linked to the real Boys and deleted it because he knew the super sleuths would tie him to it. I have no idea though, not even looked at his YT account.

Edit, just looked. and the comments. Tom, you need to calm down a bit mate ;)
Is it your music that you linked? The birdy thing?
Last edited by Geogandhi on Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
I gotta say, I really like this free BOC related entertainment! I love waking up to a whole new page of discussion and theories. Even if it's fake, it's still got the community a lot more lively than they've been in a long time.

BTW, I'm not on Twitter or Instagram, but have the accounts stopped liking things? Kind of funny that they've gone cold while this is going on.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Haha, I was questioned on Reddit because my first post was on the Mr. Vaine post - people were suspicious that my ~6 year old account only had a post now.

Everyone is a suspect when this fandom gets a few bread crumbs - and how this thread is now 600 pages long, LOL!

I don't care if it's fake or not, it's entertaining.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
drixlin wrote:and how this thread is now 600 pages long, LOL!

I have a feeling Mr. Vaine is trying to speed up the activity on here so the thread reaches 666 pages. Perhaps then the truth will be revealed haha

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:

I have a feeling Mr. Vaine is trying to speed up the activity on here so the thread reaches 666 pages. Perhaps then the truth will be revealed haha

bahhhahahahaha!

I think the moment there is a shred of authenticity around all of this, we could hit that page count *VERY* quickly...
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
Geogandhi wrote: Edit, just looked. and the comments. Tom, you need to calm down a bit mate ;)
Is it your music that you linked? The birdy thing?

No, that music was posted by Prohibited Broadcasting. If I did make electronic music, I'd take that as a compliment, though. I'm just following the clues along with a few other engaged fans.

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:BTW, I'm not on Twitter or Instagram, but have the accounts stopped liking things? Kind of funny that they've gone cold while this is going on.

Honestly, I'm not even sure that IG is official.

Dayvan Cowboy
drixlin wrote:
Echelon wrote:

bahhhahahahaha!

I think the moment there is a shred of authenticity around all of this, we could hit that page count *VERY* quickly...

Mr. Vaine posts a longer snippet of Would You Like To Be Free or Duffy, and I have a feeling all hell would break loose. :lol:

Posts Quantity
Whomever is behind all this has put a lot of thought detail, planning and time. I can totally appreciate their efforts.

Five months in quarantine (perhaps they didn’t either) and I didn’t have anything better to do so might as well see where it goes.

I’ve already learned some interesting things about the internet and been thinking outside the box a bit along on the way - so that’s not a bad thing.

It’s not really about the destination for me - it’s about taking this unusual journey despite if it’s real of fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherbet Head
Anyone hear what the kid says at the start of the second yt thing?

Eagle Minded
On the Birdycholae video that’s 2.22 seconds long, if you look up Lost B77 on google you get info on The Lost 77th Battalion. Dunno if theirs clues in there at all.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada