GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
SocietasXMate wrote:Not clear the Man Of The Pier video is done by Mrvainetechnologies.

Idk... seemed pretty convincing to me :lol:
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
Also, "THE OLD BECOMES THE NEW _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _"
If this is real, sounds like were getting old material as the new release. That would be amazing, but I still have my doubts.

That being said, theres a very very very small chance what we're listening too is early unheard BoC.

Posts Quantity
Roswell wrote:Also, "THE OLD BECOMES THE NEW _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _"
If this is real, sounds like were getting old material as the new release. That would be amazing, but I still have my doubts.

That being said, theres a very very very small chance what we're listening too is early unheard BoC.
The man at the pier video or the whole thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
PerniciousKnid wrote:

The man at the pier video or the whole thing?

No no, The Soundcloud link.

Man on the pier is a "Wouldn't you like to be free" excerpt if I'm not mistaken

Dayvan Cowboy

BOC have definitely recycled music before. What if they polished up their best old tracks and rerecorded them for a new release?

What we'd have are the greatest hits of their unreleased material, but redone with their current production standards. It may sound like an odd idea, but BOC are hardcore perfectionists. The fact we've never gotten anything pre-Twoism has been confirmed by MDG that it was not up to their standards.

I must admit that would be interesting to have an album composed of a track from the Geogaddi era alongside maybe something from Children and Harvest!

of course this is saying that this isn't a hoax hahaha
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
SocietasXMate wrote:False flag or double false flag operation. I'm creating the youtube account Pear of the Pier right as we speak to triple cross those motherjammers. F*** oranges.

Do it!

This has just mutated from an increasingly painful hoax, to an act of mass discordianism. Enjoying it again.

Eagle Minded
vonS wrote:
SocietasXMate wrote:False flag or double false flag operation. I'm creating the youtube account Pear of the Pier right as we speak to triple cross those motherjammers. F*** oranges.

Do it!

This has just mutated from an increasingly painful hoax, to an act of mass discordianism. Enjoying it again.

I dunno, the Discordians were actually good at pranks and hoaxes — this is Just some sub-QAnon level nonsense trolling.
preparation for a dive.

Posts Quantity
The code in the Man at the Pier video. ID ABC IDENT 44 68 27 35 42 58 47 63 85 74 67 66 51 79 42 24 45 60 10

On Music Has the Right to Children: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 44, 68, 27, 35, 42, 58, 47, 63, 85, 74, 67, 66, 51, 79, 42, 24, 45, sixty-ten, 6, 7, 56, 65, 44, 53, 44, 17, 13, 23"

Friendly Stranger
@vons Going at them right now pal. Anyway the hand emoji won't be a *clap* if you know what I mean. #Killoranges #makingjuice

Boqurant
tonx wrote:I dunno, the Discordians were actually good at pranks and hoaxes — this is Just some sub-QAnon level nonsense trolling.

I agree, but I love the idea of signal jamming this, and adding more noise into the picture. Aside from conceptually fitting into the BoC methodology (noise, excerpts, random signals, communication, layering), it also distresses the power relationship of the one man pied piper leading us astray.

Eagle Minded
Does anyone else get the feeling that this is all being done on the fly?

It doesn't feel like there is a whole mapped out plan. Doesn't really bode well for an "official" release, only way I could see this being legit is the brothers themselves were having fun....which as awesome as that would be, I doubt.

Either way, it's definitely an individual(s) doing this on their own, unlike the more polished we saw with TH.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Friendly Stranger
The individual(s) dropped a 40 min. tape so yes it's not about marketing a boc album. I feel the same way about the on the fly remark. On the fly could be the name of the plan, though. I didn't follow the TH promo, would love to hear what you guys enjoyed the most back then.

Eagle Minded
SocietasXMate wrote:The individual(s) dropped a 40 min. tape

whoa, apparently I missed something...
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
drixlin wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQdlvMy3CkE&t=1216s

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't know how you could do this plan without it being on the fly. You've actually got to improvise because humans are unpredictable.

That said, I'm really confused on what to think right now. I want to believe, but again, it seems so improbable it's actually them. I am liking the soundcloud at least :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Roswell wrote:
drixlin wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQdlvMy3CkE&t=1216s
The lady at the pier video description "install-via-tech-part-analogue _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _" linked to a user prohibited broadcasting (joined July 28, 2020) who posted two videos.

Eagle Minded
PerniciousKnid wrote:

The lady at the pier video description "install-via-tech-part-analogue _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _" linked to a user prohibited broadcasting (joined July 28, 2020) who posted two videos.

Thank you! I missed that a few pages back - must have been when I was at work...damn job! :mrgreen:

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:I don't know how you could do this plan without it being on the fly. You've actually got to improvise because humans are unpredictable.

That said, I'm really confused on what to think right now. I want to believe, but again, it seems so improbable it's actually them. I am liking the soundcloud at least :)
I don’t see how a large part of this wasn’t premeditated and carefully thought out as a whole concept. However I agree a certain aspect of the execution has to be spontaneous- as when to comment and when to drop the videos as everything unraveled (or continues to). Human nature can also be predicted...

Are we all in agreement that it’s most likely one person behind Catherine Fell, Lady at the Pier, Prohibited Broadcasting? (What about Man at the Pier).

New Seed
Youtube tags for the videos Birdycholae and Brut Birdycholae StenoTape 1

Posts Quantity
BoC Bandit wrote:Youtube tags for the videos Birdycholae and Brut Birdycholae StenoTape 1
That’s a lot of gear! What about the very last tag? July 28, 1980!?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada