GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
BoC Bandit wrote:Youtube tags for the videos Birdycholae and Brut Birdycholae StenoTape 1
Thanks for sharing! Could you do Catherine Fell and Lady at the Pier videos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
First thought on the date. That's when they started making music when they were 10 and 11.

Feel free to shoot me down!
Last edited by Echelon on Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:First thought on the date. That's when they started making music when they were 12 and 13.

That’s what I was thinking as well. Also written in the European date format!?

Dayvan Cowboy
This forty minute mix tape. Early sounds Mike and Marcus made as kids. BOC in its infancy.

Feel free to shoot me down again XD

Posts Quantity
PerniciousKnid wrote:
Echelon wrote:First thought on the date. That's when they started making music when they were 12 and 13.

That’s what I was thinking as well. Also written in the European date format!?

Also - Man at the Pier commented “confirm” on the Prohibited Broadcasting video. Weird...

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:This forty minute mix tape. Early sounds Mike and Marcus made as kids. BOC in its infancy.

See, I was trying to organize my thoughts to something similar...

They've said in the past that they've got "thousands" of tracks and a lot would "never see the light of day". What if that's what these tracks are? Something to keep the party moving, but not the end game something like a 40 minute mix would usually be.

Who knows. As much as I'm telling myself it's not BoC, I keep finding ways to find a connection.

I did see someone ask at one point if the social media "presence" has disappeared during this, but didn't see a reply. Anyone post anything lately that could be liked by them? Preferably Twitter...
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
BoC Bandit wrote:Youtube tags for the videos Birdycholae and Brut Birdycholae StenoTape 1

Koeeaddi is a reference to ISB. Could be one of the meanings behind the title of Geogaddi regardless if this whole Catherine malarkey is real.
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
PerniciousKnid wrote:Also - Man at the Pier commented “confirm” on the Prohibited Broadcasting video. Weird...

"Man at the pier" is obviously a fake

Posts Quantity
Roswell wrote:
PerniciousKnid wrote:Also - Man at the Pier commented “confirm” on the Prohibited Broadcasting video. Weird...

ISB?

Dayvan Cowboy
drixlin wrote:
Echelon wrote:This forty minute mix tape. Early sounds Mike and Marcus made as kids. BOC in its infancy.

See, I was trying to organize my thoughts to something similar...

They've said in the past that they've got "thousands" of tracks and a lot would "never see the light of day". What if that's what these tracks are? Something to keep the party moving, but not the end game something like a 40 minute mix would usually be.

Who knows. As much as I'm telling myself it's not BoC, I keep finding ways to find a connection.

I did see someone ask at one point if the social media "presence" has disappeared during this, but didn't see a reply. Anyone post anything lately that could be liked by them? Preferably Twitter...

That was me actually asking about the social media presence. I don't think anybody checked and I'm not on them.

And yes, they've said specifically in interviews that they have hundreds of tracks in various stages of development and I can image that their sketches like these. Just them futzing around with tones and textures.

When you read in the interviews about how much work goes into a BOC track, you definitely understand why it takes so much time to make them.
Last edited by Echelon on Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
PerniciousKnid wrote:
Roswell wrote:

ISB?

incredible string band, major BoC influence

Eagle Minded
No new likes since the 14th of August on Twitter.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
drixlin wrote:No new likes since the 14th of August on Twitter.

And it seems all instagram activity has stopped as well. Which some people are arguing that its fake, but considering it posted the WXAXRXP promos the same time the twitter account did, and it was tagged in multiple promotional pictures, plus the formatting of the videos, I say its real.

Dayvan Cowboy
Roswell wrote:

And it seems all instagram activity has stopped as well. Which some people are arguing that its fake, but considering it posted the WXAXRXP promos the same time the twitter account did, and it was tagged in multiple promotional pictures, plus the formatting of the videos, I say its real.

PIC is a follower and somehow this doesn't get enough credit. The man shot the amazing Geogaddi cover and is a member of Hexagon Sun. He's not some random acquaintance of the bros like DJ Food.

Friendly Stranger
So I decided to check their old releases' (Catalog 3, Acid Memories, etc.) tracks list, and I **think** if all this is real, the first track on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQdlvMy3CkE

MIGHT be "Drone 18" off Catalog 3 because it has an almost exact run time of around 6:40 minutes.

Maybe I'm just going crazy or something idk

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Roswell wrote:

PIC is a follower and somehow this doesn't get enough credit. The man shot the amazing Geogaddi cover and is a member of Hexagon Sun. He's not some random acquaintance of the bros like DJ Food.

I actually messaged PIC about the account, to no response. :(

Friendly Stranger
Just something I noticed - the fill-in-the-blank on Some Folks Ident and 10050 C have the same amount of characters. Might be related

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
stomcode wrote:So I decided to check their old releases' (Catalog 3, Acid Memories, etc.) tracks list, and I **think** if all this is real, the first track on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQdlvMy3CkE

MIGHT be "Drone 18" off Catalog 3 because it has an almost exact run time of around 6:40 minutes.

Maybe I'm just going crazy or something idk

This mixtape in general sounds like extremely early BOC music, or at least how it's described. There's a lot of 80s no-wave and industrial influences. Sonic Youth type drones but with keyboards instead of guitars, extremely lofi, industrial beats, tape experiments.

However, I actually hear some bright synth lines and guitar strumming that point in the direction of future BOC.

Whether this is BOC or not, I want a copy of it! It's amazing! It's music made purely for the sake of making brand new sounds with no interest in commercial values at all.

Posts Quantity
Damn...... Birdycholae....... Uhhhhh.... It's really hard to be skeptical while listening to this shit. I think this is it y'all.
"R-Worded"

Dayvan Cowboy
ColinWallis wrote:Damn...... Birdycholae....... Uhhhhh.... It's really hard to be skeptical while listening to this shit. I think this is it y'all.

It's either them or I have a new favorite electronic artist :D I love this stuff regardless of who it is!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada