GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
UUUhhhh.... So I just google image searched "Some Folks Ident 10050 C", and this came up:

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/zodiac-ne ... death-list

Significance here is the address of Sharon Tates home which is 10050 Cielo Drive.....

Dang I feel like I'm in Scooby Doo! :P
"R-Worded"

Sherbet Head
"I think this is getting needlessly messianic."

Dayvan Cowboy
zeoevil wrote:"I think this is getting needlessly messianic."

Eh, I just really dug the tape. It was the kind of electronic music that I like!

But I'll tone it down regardless. I think I was more shocked I liked it so much.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
LOL at trolling the troll.
You could feel the bullshit

Sherbet Head
Roswell wrote:

I actually messaged PIC about the account, to no response. :(

I emailed Warp and asked. No response there either.

Sherbet Head
Poor Birdy dude, people need to step away from his shit, hope he does not get crucified for being dragged into this.
You can hear they are not related. We have ears right? As nice as it is, and it is nice, props Birdy dude, it's just a cool homage to that style, their own take.
Unless he's stoked on getting dragged in and people even considering that it might be BoC? I mean, that's a great compliment right?

How did it even get linked to the Fell stuff anyway? I can't remember.

Boqurant
Geogandhi wrote:Poor Birdy dude, people need to step away from his shit, hope he does not get crucified for being dragged into this.
You can hear they are not related. We have ears right? As nice as it is, and it is nice, props Birdy dude, it's just a cool homage to that style, their own take.
Unless he's stoked on getting dragged in and people even considering that it might be BoC? I mean, that's a great compliment right?

How did it even get linked to the Fell stuff anyway? I can't remember.

I have no idea, as I have lost track of this one. It has become a hydra...

Amusing tagline amendment, BTW.

Boqurant
PerniciousKnid wrote:
PerniciousKnid wrote:Also - Man at the Pier commented “confirm” on the Prohibited Broadcasting video. Weird...

The man at the pier video has been deleted, as has the “confirm” comment.

Could it be a false account (man at the pier) confirming that birdycholae is a false conclusion?

Also, a new reddit account “AncientJustification” comments “Colin Wilson” directly beneath the 10050 C hint on the vile thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... ame=iossmf

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't get how anyone hears this and think it's BoC. The Birdycholae stuff apart from the more obvious ways it just doesn't sound like them is way too clean to be early BoC. Their early recordings were shitty 4 track quality if that.

The Catherine fell stuff, again aside from not really sounding like them, appears to have paulstretch textures as a background layer. Which means it's modern ish era.

Also there's no chance that there's gonna be another ARG. Like the whole ARG thing was a tongue in cheek play on how obsessive and follow the breadcrumbs we are about the little references and chasing samples in their work. It was genius marketing at the time but they've done it once now and they're not going back to repeat themselves that way again. I feel it's going to haunt them forever now, like that very unPC joke about McGregor The Builder :lol:

Boqurant
Negamuse wrote:I don't get how anyone hears this and think it's BoC. The Birdycholae stuff apart from the more obvious ways it just doesn't sound like them is way too clean to be early BoC. Their early recordings were shitty 4 track quality if that.

The Catherine fell stuff, again aside from not really sounding like them, appears to have paulstretch textures as a background layer. Which means it's modern ish era.

Also there's no chance that there's gonna be another ARG. Like the whole ARG thing was a tongue in cheek play on how obsessive and follow the breadcrumbs we are about the little references and chasing samples in their work. It was genius marketing at the time but they've done it once now and they're not going back to repeat themselves that way again. I feel it's going to haunt them forever now, like that very unPC joke about McGregor The Builder :lol:

Seems that Birdy has seen the Catherine Fell thing get a bit of traction and jumped in. While I don't think Catherine Fell is BoC, it seems to be a more considered campaign and I'm actually enjoying watching it pan out.

Sherbet Head
It's a really well thought out campaign and plays to those who like puzzles, but the end prize isn't BOC. I'm sure most who are following it now get that.

Boqurant
Twoist wrote:It's a really well thought out campaign and plays to those who like puzzles, but the end prize isn't BOC. I'm sure most who are following it now get that.

I wonder how it ends, however. The prankster/fan put a lot of effort and thought into it, but I dont see what the end game is. A haha fooled you ending would be a bit of an anticlimax, and a self promo music project would be disappointing. I am fascinated to see how it ends, assuming it continues.

Boqurant
A new reddit user u/SireOfKallisti has posted to r/boardsofcanada:

One very important thought

Catherine Fell, but it is not the fall.

The son was fortunate, but he is not the rebel.

The second image, it is not the first man.

Bird ecoli, it is not the plague.

Posts Quantity
vonS wrote:
Twoist wrote:It's a really well thought out campaign and plays to those who like puzzles, but the end prize isn't BOC. I'm sure most who are following it now get that.

I wonder how it ends, however. The prankster/fan put a lot of effort and thought into it, but I dont see what the end game is. A haha fooled you ending would be a bit of an anticlimax, and a self promo music project would be disappointing. I am fascinated to see how it ends, assuming it continues.
Man at the pier video and account removed. New reddit post by “SireofKallisi”

Sire = Man
Kallisi = Romanization of Greek for “to the most beautiful”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boqurant
All this new stuff has a different cadence and approach to the original posts/thread/concept. Signal to noise ratio is off.

Boqurant
Sire of Kallisti

The contemporary religion Discordianism draws upon the Golden Apple of the goddess Eris, also known as the "Apple of Discord", which Eris used to set off the conflict among the goddesses of Olympus that led to the Trojan War because she was not invited to a party (the so-called "Original Snub". Emblazoned upon the apple is the word "Kallisti" ("to the fairest").[11] The golden apple can be seen as a metaphor for a practical joke meant to cause cognitive dissonance in the target.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_apple

Boqurant
karpeggi wrote:
Also, a new reddit account “AncientJustification” comments “Colin Wilson” directly beneath the 10050 C hint on the vile thread:

Hmm... Colin Wilson wrote a book called “The Outsider“.

Wasn’t “Outsider” a recent comment made by an official BoC social media account?

PerniciousKnid wrote:New reddit post by “SireofKallisti”

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... nt_thought

“The son was fortunate, but he is not the rebel.”

The book Colin Wilson wrote after “The Outsider” is titled “Religion and the Rebel”

Feels like a stretch, but I wonder who is the “rebel”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_W ... bliography

Posts Quantity
karpeggi wrote:
karpeggi wrote:

Wasn’t “Outsider” a recent comment made by an official BoC social media account?

PerniciousKnid wrote:New reddit post by “SireofKallisti”

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... nt_thought

“The son was fortunate, but he is not the rebel.”

The book Colin Wilson wrote after “The Outsider” is titled “Religion and the Rebel”

Feels like a stretch, but I wonder who is the “rebel”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_W ... bliography
Interesting... Your correct about the “Outsider” comment I’m pretty sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherbet Head
vonS wrote:
Amusing tagline amendment, BTW.

Ah you noticed, nice! seemed fitting, was originally "You could Feell the bullshit" been like that since I joined

Posts Quantity
PerniciousKnid wrote:
karpeggi wrote:
karpeggi wrote:

Outsider is their bio on Twitter. That page has 69 likes--maybe that is why they used instagram to do the *clap* reply? (speculation, of course)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada