GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Honestly that was super fun, hopefully we actually get that full track we’ve been teased

Friendly Stranger
You know what? I'm not even mad. That's a decent mix of Never gonna give you up regradless ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But we gotta give them some credit tho, because this does sounds like a Hell Interface's remix.

Dayvan Cowboy
One last side note: Isn't it amazing how much the fanbase mobilizes over something that was obviously fake (to a lot of people more perceptive than me on some accounts.)

Imagine if BOC actually capitalized on that energy? I think most lesser artists would beg for such a response. This was an interesting case study that proves if BOC attempted another TH style campaign, the fans would be ready to solve all the puzzles.

Edit: Haha imagine if this actually was a test for that. LOL wishful thinking from me as always
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
There still seems to be a few loose ends to tie up.
1) Has anyone made progress with MrVaine's key of V=3, L=1, W=1+2?
2) What is happening 8/26/20 @ 10 UK time?
3) What did the whispered backwards masked voices say at the end of the Rick Roll video (right before the last code)?
4) What did C Fell mean by RWIND 24 (posted a couple hours ago on the soundcloud clip)?
5) Is bigjimmy12 associated with all of this?
6) What about Prohibited Broadcasting?

Could be a hoax... could be real. Either way its been fun and a hell of a lot better than doing my day job.

Posts Quantity
It's over - It was bigjimmy12

Got him by his same use of keyword tags in the metadata of all the videos (except killing joke)

<meta name="keywords" content="video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload">

Same as Catherine Fell videos and Lady at the Pier video.

...Well played...

Joined YT on 08/06/2017
Killing Joke on 06/03/2020
Catherine Fell YT account on 08/08/2020
Catherine Fell clyp.it account on 08/17/2020
Mr.VaineTechnologies "the vile thread of the unconfirmed" Reddit post on 08/17/2020
Catherine Fell ID ABC IDENT on 08/21/2020
Lady at the Pier account on 08/23/2020
Lady at the Pier ID SOME FOLKS on 08/23/2020
Scotia sex tape on 08/25/2020
Unknown Artist on 08/25/20200
Catherine Fell ID YNTR IDENT on 08/25/2020

...still don’t know how/why Prohibited Broadcasting was involved in this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
I think that’s all just noise. I mean, the end game was the Rick Roll..not sure if there’s really anything left to believe in.

Posts Quantity
still 99.9% convinced
"R-Worded"

Boqurant
I dont think there is much left to this. It was a fantastically executed, and funny, diversion. It did seem to end too abruptly, as I thought there was going to be another bout of photos or music, given the way it was headed. I am still unsure to what extent this was all prepackaged, or if it was reactive.

I still wonder why the Fortunate Sons reference, unless that was just used to create a context of 60s pop culture along with the Leary references.

Dayvan Cowboy
Haha honestly, my only joke theory is what if BigJimmy is a friend of BOC and they put him up to it.

Boqurant
Are we that convinced BigJimmy account is behind this? I thought it was a peripheral poster who posted SocX related videos. That last video with the Kevin Shields photo definitely seems like an in joke, but of a different calibre to the recent maths based ARG/prank.

Anyway, all a bit of good fun after these sick times. I definitely think the trolling was saved by a masterful rickroll at the end. It injected a bit of humour into what was (seeming) to become overly serious.

Boqurant
It was me who made the comment on Reddit re: the use of YouTube tags. Having since looked at the tags of a few random videos, <“video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload"> seem to be a default setting, and presumably added if you don’t manually enter your own keywords for your video. So this wouldn’t necessarily indicate that bigjimmy was in on the whole thing, but it might exclude Prohibited/Birdy who uses an extensive list of custom tags.

Sherbet Head
The check their privileges comment was tongue and cheek and i'd never use that in another situ, so sit back starblazer mate.
You could feel the bullshit

Friendly Stranger
Then birdy/Prohibited owes us some explanations =)

Posts Quantity
The Bros are probably behind all of this. We can interpret this as : our next album is going to be released very soon. Hang tight!

The Bros are so smart, giving us clues every now and then so we know more or less when the album will be released.

Thank you BoC for your messages and updates!

Dayvan Cowboy
The Spaniard wrote:The Bros are probably behind all of this. We can interpret this as : our next album is going to be released very soon. Hang tight!

The Bros are so smart, giving us clues every now and then so we know more or less when the album will be released.

I agree! 2 + 3 + 1+2 means 7 more years until the next remix...if we survive that is :wink:

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:
The Spaniard wrote:The Bros are probably behind all of this. We can interpret this as : our next album is going to be released very soon. Hang tight!

I agree! 2 + 3 + 1+2 means 7 more years until the next remix...if we survive that is :wink:

Echelon, for the first time ever, we live in a society in which we need things done right away, we are impatient (in the past people were patient, as you know). BoC teaches us to wait, to embrace the Beatus ille, to enjoy what we have, to be in connection with nature, not to be addicted to the Internet.

The album will be released soon for those who are impatient people.
Last edited by The Spaniard on Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Posts Quantity
good shit 8) now lets get back to the waiting thing.

Dayvan Cowboy
The Spaniard wrote:
Echelon wrote:

Echelon, for the first time ever, we live in a society in which we need things done right away, we are impatient (in the past people were patient, as you know). BoC teaches us to wait, to embrace the Beatus ille, to enjoy what we have, to be in connection with nature, not to be addicted to the Internet.

The album will be released soon for those who are impatient people.

Honestly, this post is absolutely savage! XD It's funny how I can't deny any of it. Especially since I remember in an interview that they made remarks about releasing things the way they'd come out in the 70s or 80s. (i.e. without the internet ruining the surprise.)

I still hope one day it will happen and things will be different, but there's no way to ever tell. In the mean time, I just enjoy other music (or let a fun hoax divert me! :wink: )

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:
Honestly, this post is absolutely savage! XD It's funny how I can't deny any of it. Especially since I remember in an interview that they made remarks about releasing things the way they'd come out in the 70s or 80s. (i.e. without the internet ruining the surprise.)

I still hope one day it will happen and things will be different, but there's no way to ever tell. In the mean time, I just enjoy other music (or let a fun hoax divert me! :wink: )

No hoax, Echelon. To know more about The Bros and their teachings one just needs to read and interpret the official scriptures, as you say (JockeySlut, Mondosonoro, Trax, GrooveMagazine, GoMag, etc.). Music is important*, but more open to wild interpretations; Catholics know a lot about that.

If one just focuses on the words, one is more likely to succeed in understanding BoC's message and behaviour (which, by the way, might seem incomprehensible to those who don't pay attention to what The Bros say).

*Music has the right to children, but not so much to adults.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada