GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
The Tomorrow's Harvest promotional campaign is something I feel that people should be more aware was *very* intrinsic to the release of that album thematically and not something that one should necessarily expect from BOC generally in future

If something is released, I would imagine that it will come from the horse's mouth albeit that such a message or "transmission" might also be cryptic, but when such a process starts, we will almost certainly be aware of it in such a way as for it to be irrefutable that there is activity

I know how much we are all in anticipation of a new release and it is natural to gravitate towards anything that could signify even the slightest hint of that kind of activity

Dayvan Cowboy
I have a good feeling if Warp had a new BOC album, they'd release it. They probably don't due to the bros' obsession with perfection.

Double edged sword really. I honestly think Harvest was too overly slick and it lacked the dynamics of the previous albums. Four years gestation time was perfect for Geogaddi though!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

SamuraiDrifter wrote:Do people think BoC is Warp's only artist or something?
Santa does exist, right?

Eagle Minded
Tim Allen exists.

Dayvan Cowboy
Navaru wrote:Tim Allen exists.

Now you're just going too far.

There's no such thing as Tim Allen.

Happy Cycler
Navaru wrote:Tim Allen exists.

Only on the weekends.

Eagle Minded
Speaking of Tim Allen...... there was this old Philly punk musician, Atom and his Package, that had a song called "Tim Allen is not very funny". That song doesn't exist anywhere on the internet streaming platforms now, and I only imagine that Atom and his Package got sued by Mr. Allen himself.

Side note: you guys might like Atom's music... he used a sequencer and was highly influenced by Devo.

https://www.discogs.com/Atom-His-Packag ... ase/542709

Eagle Minded
That’s a great band name.

Dayvan Cowboy
I know this is the BOC equivalent of believing a doomsayer on the street, but something funny crossed my mind:

The reddit guy actually predicted a BOC release in April. What's bizarre is that Warp pushed the Squid release far away to May, and this happened after the reddit guy made his post! It's either he's lucky at predicting something that isn't happening, or well, perhaps there might be some credibility to what he says.

Take this with a grain of sand, but I'd keep his prophesized February 27th announcement date in mind and see if anything pans out.

(I probably just made a troll really happy by posting this, but it's been really dry around here lately haha)

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I know this is the BOC equivalent of believing a doomsayer on the street, but something funny crossed my mind:

The reddit guy actually predicted a BOC release in April. What's bizarre is that Warp pushed the Squid release far away to May, and this happened after the reddit guy made his post! It's either he's lucky at predicting something that isn't happening, or well, perhaps there might be some credibility to what he says.

Take this with a grain of sand, but I'd keep his prophesized February 27th announcement date in mind and see if anything pans out.

(I probably just made a troll really happy by posting this, but it's been really dry around here lately haha)

I don't believe the Reddit post, however something else to consider, both PLUS and SIGN from autechre where predicted months ahead of release, so... These things can leak, it's in the realm of possibility.

However, I don't buy this particular Reddit post.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:
Echelon wrote:I know this is the BOC equivalent of believing a doomsayer on the street, but something funny crossed my mind:

I don't believe the Reddit post, however something else to consider, both PLUS and SIGN from autechre where predicted months ahead of release, so... These things can leak, it's in the realm of possibility.

However, I don't buy this particular Reddit post.

I think the interesting approach taken by the redditor was to reference an event from Native American lore. Which is more of a low-key interest of theirs with Pete Standing Alone, and that one hard to spell track on TCH.

That and telling us that there are musical themes reminiscent of TH since MDG once said there were multiple albums being produced and I think even that Tomorrow's Harvest was a double album.

But really, in spite of this, anyone can make great Boc fanfiction. I'm a writer myself and I'm sure if I sat down, I could concoct a similar awesome hypothetical BOC album. I just thought I'd put it out there that the hypothetical timeline created by the redditor matches up with Warp's release schedule so far.

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:I don't believe the Reddit post, however something else to consider, both PLUS and SIGN from autechre where predicted months ahead of release, so... These things can leak, it's in the realm of possibility.

I think that was more to do with a comment Autechre made in one of their livestreams earlier in the year, where they mentioned they'd recently prepared two new albums for Warp.

However, around the time SIGN was announced, I do believe an insider working at a vinyl pressing plant spilt the beans on a "second album with green artwork" (paraphrasing here) getting pressed around the same time, which obviously became PLUS.

Eagle Minded
Sherbet Head wrote:
demo wrote:I don't believe the Reddit post, however something else to consider, both PLUS and SIGN from autechre where predicted months ahead of release, so... These things can leak, it's in the realm of possibility.

I think that was more to do with a comment Autechre made in one of their livestreams earlier in the year, where they mentioned they'd recently prepared two new albums for Warp.

However, around the time SIGN was announced, I do believe an insider working at a vinyl pressing plant spilt the beans on a "second album with green artwork" (paraphrasing here) getting pressed around the same time, which obviously became PLUS.

Autechre had announced that they would be releasing 2 albums on mixlr, you're right. The only things that ended up leaking was someone confirming the two albums would be coming and they described the album art for both SIGN and PLUS before either had been revealed.

It was definitely before SIGN's release, I remember because when SIGN came out it confirmed the leak for the 2nd album as they predicted both artworks.

Posts Quantity
I didn't expect anyone to speculate on dates yet - but February 27th would be extremely awesome would it not? I don't know about all of you, but when the next album hits - I am going to get a nice pure indica strain, relax, and put the needle down on that vinyl! You know what I'm sayin' guys? I might even go frog finding during the next monsoon season since I live in AZ :P If anything I'll have the beauty of the Sonoran desert to enjoy while I listen to the music...
"Fulfillment is structured in achievement, Achievement is structured in action, Action is structured in thinking, Thinking is structured in knowledge, Knowledge is structured in consciousness" - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Friendly Stranger
d3v3l wrote:I didn't expect anyone to speculate on dates yet - but February 27th would be extremely awesome would it not? I don't know about all of you, but when the next album hits - I am going to get a nice pure indica strain, relax, and put the needle down on that vinyl! You know what I'm sayin' guys? I might even go frog finding during the next monsoon season since I live in AZ :P If anything I'll have the beauty of the Sonoran desert to enjoy while I listen to the music...

That sounds nice.

I don't know if Aesthetics wants this board turned into Bluelight (I suspect not) but I do intend to make myself some rather special tea (my specialty) when the next LP hits as well :mrgreen:

Dayvan Cowboy
d3v3l wrote:I didn't expect anyone to speculate on dates yet - but February 27th would be extremely awesome would it not? I don't know about all of you, but when the next album hits - I am going to get a nice pure indica strain, relax, and put the needle down on that vinyl! You know what I'm sayin' guys? I might even go frog finding during the next monsoon season since I live in AZ :P If anything I'll have the beauty of the Sonoran desert to enjoy while I listen to the music...

Probably going to get buzzed on coffee so I'm totally attentive. I'm definitely going to go in naked though. No samples, except maybe if they drop a single.

I'm looking forward to telling everyone how I feel about it on here. And even before that, speculating about the slanted song titles is going to be so much fun. Nobody names their tracks like BOC :D

Friendly Stranger
Echelon wrote:
d3v3l wrote: And even before that, speculating about the slanted song titles is going to be so much fun. Nobody names their tracks like BOC :D

That is honestly one of the most exciting parts for me as well, I remember the TH track reveal so fondly.

Eagle Minded
those “Experimental Production” copies on discogs of all the pre-twoism records were taken down from the marketplace, and then prohibited from being sold again in the future. The user selling the copies was also either banned, or his account was deleted. I’m not sure how Discogs works so this could be a totally normal thing, but, there are bootleg copies of other BoC records being sold (BoC Maxima) so i’m not sure why this would be any different... probably because it was a complete scam and the records were never real to begin with. that would be my guess anyways.
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded

I was late to the electronic music game, but when I visited AZ in 2004, I discovered Little Fluffy Clouds and had it on repeat as I would go out and paint from the landscape. I also discovered AFX's SAW II while I was driving through the Rockies. It's funny how electronic music is so connected to nature for some of us.

Nothing is Real might be the best nature hike song.

Friendly Stranger
Roswell wrote:those “Experimental Production” copies on discogs of all the pre-twoism records were taken down from the marketplace, and then prohibited from being sold again in the future. The user selling the copies was also either banned, or his account was deleted. I’m not sure how Discogs works so this could be a totally normal thing, but, there are bootleg copies of other BoC records being sold (BoC Maxima) so i’m not sure why this would be any different... probably because it was a complete scam and the records were never real to begin with. that would be my guess anyways.

Yes - these were entirely fake. They were compilations of AFOT/R35TT tracks that were passed off as Hooper Bay and Acid Memories. I think they were downloaded from a torrent originally which has fake versions of the old, unreleased albums.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada