Strange Soup/The Thrift Store Tape Discussion

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
Navaru wrote:How about a novel to coincide with an album? I wouldn’t mind some literature or a film.
they already did an album to a film. Tomorrows Harvest :)

Good point!

Eagle Minded
I’m actually reading The Illuminatus! Trilogy right now. My god, it’s one of those books you have to focus on, because it can get derailed real fast. Where you read a few pages and have to go back because you’ve gotten lost.

Eagle Minded
babylulu wrote:whether or not it is BoC, args are still fun. i enjoy participating, and if it's a saucy BoC inspired album at the end of the tunnel, I would be mad.

it would be strange of BoC to choose "Pittsburgh" of all places to have an arg take place

There's a line in one of the Nevermen songs, "Go Pittsburgh, go Pittsburgh"

I really love all the activity on this right now though.

Since i missed the TH ARG I'm excited to be here for whatever happens next.

I love the idea of an accompanying novel, too!

Maybe now that they are older they are more willing to interact with the fans and their audience.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Posts Quantity
babylulu wrote:Morse code in the video translates to a link that leads to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyCQQ514fZc

Morse code in what video???
I remember witnessing the last great cataclysm.

Posts Quantity
Brendan Standing Alone wrote:Morse code in what video???

oakmoss&amber wrote:
phpBB [media]

Boqurant
Do you guys think there's something actually hiding in Pittsburgh? Or is this just an elaborate prank?

Eagle Minded
Whoever reversed it, kind of sounded like something familiar. Probably nothing, or maybe just a cool sound to my ears.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Boqurant
What if one of us actually went to this thrift store?

Boqurant
Just my two-sense, but the name Edward Daniels (from the video which was found from "channel onesixtyfive" is from Shutter Island.
coincidence?
I wait, tense...then disappointed

Posts Quantity
NineRubberCops wrote:Just my two-sense, but the name Edward Daniels (from the video which was found from "channel onesixtyfive" is from Shutter Island.
coincidence?

Probably not, considering the tape was inside a Shining cover

Eagle Minded
(In Michael Scott’s Voice) “There’s been a murder”

Boqurant
babylulu wrote:
NineRubberCops wrote:Just my two-sense, but the name Edward Daniels (from the video which was found from "channel onesixtyfive") is from Shutter Island.
coincidence?

Probably not, considering the tape was inside a Shining cover

I've not seen the video where the guy explains where he found the tape. Does anyone have it?
I wait, tense...then disappointed

Boqurant
bocbocbocboc wrote:What if one of us actually went to this thrift store?

I mean it's probably a bad idea. It's just a thrift store so I doubt you'll get stabbed or anything but I doubt this is actually BOC. This tape is neat but it's obviously fanmade.

Maybe there's a little BOC-goodie waiting for us. I'm tempted to go there myself.

Posts Quantity
NineRubberCops wrote:I've not seen the video where the guy explains where he found the tape. Does anyone have it?

The explanation video was deleted about 15 minutes after it was posted so that would be pretty amazing if someone snagged it.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'll reiterate my previous post.

Orbited insanitarium wrote:Please, for your own safety. Don't visit these locations posted, that would be a really silly decision in my view.
We don't know who this person(s) is.

Boqurant
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I'll reiterate my previous post.

Orbited insanitarium wrote:Please, for your own safety. Don't visit these locations posted, that would be a really silly decision in my view.
We don't know who this person(s) is.

I know. I'm just saying it's tempting lol

Posts Quantity
I’m sure all that’s there to be found is the original Strange Soup tape that was posted.

Eagle Minded
bocbocbocboc wrote:
bocbocbocboc wrote:What if one of us actually went to this thrift store?

I mean it's probably a bad idea. It's just a thrift store so I doubt you'll get stabbed or anything but I doubt this is actually BOC. This tape is neat but it's obviously fanmade.

Maybe there's a little BOC-goodie waiting for us. I'm tempted to go there myself.

I might be completely wrong, but wasn't there supposed to be another disc to be found for the Tomorrow's Harvest ARG?

Eagle Minded
Well, my job involves getting people to talk on the phone to me all day. So ill call the store tomorrow and kindly grill them for any Information. I bet you a young man works there with too much time on his hands.

edit : I wonder if they've gotten any calls about it lol

Dayvan Cowboy
I can't go to the U.S of A anytime soon, my little Yorkshire mind wouldn't take it! :lol:

If I'm correct in my thinking, a good chunk of you twoismers on this topic are across the pond and stateside, no?

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound