Strange Soup/The Thrift Store Tape Discussion

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:The universe works in mysterious ways... this just in from the iamamiwhoami Discord server where I had lengthy chats yesterday about that mystery track reference I found (true or false tbd) in the metadata of our ARG video.

They get a bloody new album. Announced today!

This plot is thickening more than cold porridge left out in the rain! 8)

Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:The universe works in mysterious ways... this just in from the iamamiwhoami Discord server where I had lengthy chats yesterday about that mystery track reference I found (true or false tbd) in the metadata of our ARG video.

They get a bloody new album. Announced today!

This plot is thickening more than cold porridge left out in the rain! 8)

The previous album under the moniker iamamiwhoami was released in 2014.
We're still leading in pain. ;)

Seriously, I've been digging into that clue for quite a bit and now the day after an announcement?

Such peculiar strangeness. They owe their album thanks to us! :D

Posts Quantity
Well, with all due respect Ionna Lee has always been surfing on someone else's buzz...from Björk and Goldfrapp to The Knife.
I wouldn't be surprised even though I still doubt.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm totally fine with them stealing BOCs cryptic ARG campaign idea since I'm sure plenty of artists have done that before or after

What I'm not down with is them stealing the whole 'coming back after eight years,' now that's crossing the line ;)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Well its April first and as expected more of the same
now a post on the reddit page of Boards of Canada
with a vocaroo song
and if you down load it its actually a different audio file than the one that plays
it ends up being the song from the girls dancing YouTube video

Eagle Minded
also can some one else confirm that the you tube channels have been deleted...... as well a YouTube channel tied to the Tomorrows Harvest Arg I believe ... a channel I was following up until a couple days ago.... something like tareless or tareheels

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:also can some one else confirm that the you tube channels have been deleted...... as well a YouTube channel tied to the Tomorrows Harvest Arg I believe ... a channel I was following up until a couple days ago.... something like tareless or tareheels

Tarekeys perhaps?

Eagle Minded
yea never mind its all still there, sorry if I jumpstarted any hearts

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:Well its April first and as expected more of the same
with a vocaroo song
and if you down load it its actually a different audio file than the one that plays

It's quite a nice little track, sounds like a longer form ambient version of Reach For The Dead without the driving beat.
https://vocaroo.com/1jnM9e2OPAOZ

Boqurant
Listening to the vocaroo track right now, sounds really relaxing

Eagle Minded
So much has happened since I last logged in!
I don't know why, but it goes in cycles.
It always starts with excitement, then a few members chime in with all the, "It's definitely not them!" comments.
It goes from optimism to pessimism like a fucking pendulum.

It looks like there's been more activity, thanks Fredd-E for that breakdown of events.

So, to those of you who keep arguing over whether it's BOC or not...that's not the ONLY point. The point is that we need to know who did this so that we can find their location, kidnap them, and force them to make more music (and this is the important part) FOR ME. I personally love this stuff, so I'm not hanging my hopes on it being BOC. I'm hanging my hopes on the person delivering MORE MUSIC PRONTO. But, as the public access channel video states, it's going to be April 9th before we see anything else. Right?

Another thing, the iamiamwhoami, or whoever. I'm sure I botched the spelling of that name...if this is all just something they're doing, that's fine. I can't see BOC aligning themselves with that music, on the off chance that they've somehow started a label of their own (I believe someone suggested that possibility previously, and that the upcoming article would be them announcing that they are Infinito Records or something) I still need to know though, because I didn't really like their music, and I have no intentions of adding it to my playlist, if that makes sense.

To sum it up, the pessimism is played out everyone (I know longtime users have been hoaxed so many times that it's just getting old at this point, and I understand that). And the music is good.

This topic already was moved to it's own thread. I see no reason to move it again or close it down (in response to whoever suggested that above).

I feel like maybe it's bee a long week for everyone so we're feeling a little fussy and jaded. Let's see what this weekend brings, huh?
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Boqurant
with a vocaroo song

Seems to be the same track when I've downloaded it

Boqurant
Sky and Trails wrote:So, to those of you who keep arguing over whether it's BOC or not...that's not the ONLY point. The point is that we need to know who did this so that we can find their location, kidnap them

Now THAT escalated quickly :lol:, but I agree that we should at least find out who made the music on the video

Eagle Minded
mondaffe wrote:
with a vocaroo song

Seems to be the same track when I've downloaded it

yea my b, still waking up this morning.
you right looks like no connection so far to the VHS

Eagle Minded
Remulo wrote:
Sky and Trails wrote:So, to those of you who keep arguing over whether it's BOC or not...that's not the ONLY point. The point is that we need to know who did this so that we can find their location, kidnap them

Now THAT escalated quickly :lol:, but I agree that we should at least find out who made the music on the video

I wonder if the people behind music like this realize how much it would be appreciated to be able to talk to them.

I think of it like this: BOC is NEVER going to talk to me, let me ask them questions, show me how to do this or that, etc.
But one of these people who can make this kind of music, they are immediately more accessible for the simple fact that they are NOT BOC. But they stay in hiding, too. It bums me out.

As a musician, I would love to chat with these people. Perhaps that's always been an option but I'm just too new to the forum and missed my chance.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

New Seed
Is there a BoC production technique discussion thread or something I can read up on? I feel like there'd be plenty of people who would love to discuss it. The gear page of bocpages is something I have combed over many times for inspiration

Posts Quantity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ39gZoTHVE
just a thought
does anyone else think this track is overwhelmingly beautiful? like i can't stop listening to it

Eagle Minded
babylulu wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ39gZoTHVE
just a thought
does anyone else think this track is overwhelmingly beautiful? like i can't stop listening to it

I do agree with you on this, its beautiful. Most memorable piece of music I've hear recently

Friendly Stranger
Haven't caught up with all of the drama in this thread yet ... but I'm logging in for the first time in a while to say that I've been to that Red, White & Blue Thrift store many times, and it is one of the best second-hand shops anywhere. Don't go there hunting for any BOC, but if you're looking for some excellent discount threads, both locations are great.

Posts Quantity
Not trying to get fooled, but this new account posted the song "Scald Law" in a new thread today. Is it just me, or does this random song sound eerily similar to track 17 from the VHS tape?

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
17.28:42

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound