Strange Soup/The Thrift Store Tape Discussion

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Compound Candy wrote:People selling other artists work for their own gain is not on.

Deffo seconding this. Please, the original creator show yourself and stand up for hat you've done.

what* :D

Friendly Stranger
Perpetuating another little "is it BoC?" game is one thing, but trying to make a profit of it when it wasn't even yours is something else entirely. I called the Mister 8 huckster out on Instagram for his shady repackaging scheme and he promptly blocked me - indicating to me that he knows what he's doing is wrong, but doesn't mind making a quick buck off of it while he can.

Let this be a lesson to all anonymous content creators, though - put SOME kind of name to your stuff, or watch cheap thieves droll like hungry wolves for the opportunity to take it from you!

Dayvan Cowboy
Compound Candy wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Am I the only one who is rather miffed by this. :x

It's such a shame that the VHS Fake doesn't have any official warp records licensed BoC tracks to which the label has copyright control over. Because then warp would be able to stop him making a profit, if he is making money from this tape.

People selling other artists work for their own gain is not on.

Deffo seconding this. Please, the original creator show yourself and stand up for hat you've done.

Antares wrote:Perpetuating another little "is it BoC?" game is one thing, but trying to make a profit of it when it wasn't even yours is something else entirely. I called the Mister 8 huckster out on Instagram for his shady repackaging scheme and he promptly blocked me - indicating to me that he knows what he's doing is wrong, but doesn't mind making a quick buck off of it while he can.

Let this be a lesson to all anonymous content creators, though - put SOME kind of name to your stuff, or watch cheap thieves droll like hungry wolves for the opportunity to take it from you!

All the available ways of contacting Mister 8 are in the info section of his YouTube Channel.
Antares you elaborated on my post perfectly and I completely agree.

Eagle Minded
I didn't expect to find that this whole thing had been 'solved' and the creator found.

Does this also explain away the other videos and all that numerical stuff?

And is this person behind any other music/projects that have been around the forum?
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Posts Quantity
Sky and Trails wrote:I didn't expect to find that this whole thing had been 'solved' and the creator found.

I don’t think we know with 100% certainly that Mister 8 is the actual creator of the VHS tape music, but we do know that he somehow remastered or cleaned-up the tracks to attempt to profit from them.
I remember witnessing the last great cataclysm.

Antares wrote:Perpetuating another little "is it BoC?" game is one thing, but trying to make a profit of it when it wasn't even yours is something else entirely. I called the Mister 8 huckster out on Instagram for his shady repackaging scheme and he promptly blocked me - indicating to me that he knows what he's doing is wrong, but doesn't mind making a quick buck off of it while he can.
Actually his whole Instagram profile has been deleted since 17 hours ago. This is gone for good it seems: https://www.instagram.com/musicbycircuits/

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:
Actually his whole Instagram profile has been deleted since 17 hours ago. This is gone for good it seems: https://www.instagram.com/musicbycircuits/

I can't believe this kind of behaviors :roll:

Dayvan Cowboy
I think it can be safely said that this thread has nothing to do with BoC.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Rodox Head

rodox_head wrote:I think it can be safely said that this thread has nothing to do with BoC.

Yes and I finally moved it to a more fitting sub forum.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
rodox_head wrote:I think it can be safely said that this thread has nothing to do with BoC.

Yes and I finally moved it to a more fitting sub forum.

Nice one. :D

DJ KAREN

Boqurant
Brendan Standing Alone wrote:
babylulu wrote:
babylulu wrote:Mister 8 is not the original creator of this music, and is trying to copyright material that isn’t his.

yikes

Grumpy. Mister 8 needs a Snickers (or a hug).

Or a copyright strike

Posts Quantity
phpBB [media]

there's more.

Posts Quantity
This is what I pulled from the video.

Three Plus Ten Three Times Three

/post/6803237404097413

12/20-8-18-5-5-16-12-21-19-20-5-14-20-5-14-20-8-18-5-5-20-9?fbclid=I

wAR0XLO8QB645hUQz55fTgXalWj4AHKWY_3PzjczPr3hB1o5

qhLi2s6ss57U

https://user-dbz22819.tumblr.com

Dayvan Cowboy
oakmoss&amber wrote:
phpBB [media]

there's more.

To me this sounds like the swirling whispers from 'Opening The Mouth' but fast forwarded with added cassette tape warble/warped effects.

The description states "I l o v e y o u"

While you good people try to figure it out, I'll jump off this hype train and watch from the sidelines. :roll:

(Edit: Thanks oakmoss&amber for the added info, which led to this tumblr user description.)
Tumblr wrote: 20 8 18 5 5 16 12 21 19 20 5 14 20 8 18 5 5 20 9 13 5 19 20 8 18 5 5 MCMXIX the selene spacecraft launches. jaxa has called the mission, quote the largest lunar mission since the Apollo program.quote. when I turned twenty years old, I was two years older than my brother. One day, I saw the band 311 play live.

Double Edit: All for now, see you later when this topic blows up again. :wink:

Eagle Minded
311's first independent release was the Downstairs EP, which was recorded in 1989 in Nick Hexum's basement. Unlike many of their releases, it had no cover art. It features the song "Feels So Good," which was recreated/remastered in the album Music and is a staple of most of 311's live shows.

311 considers their first show to have been held on June 10, 1990, opening for Fugazi in Omaha, Nebraska, at the Sokol Auditorium.

KAGUYA was descended to the 50km altitude from February 1, 2009 and then was descended again to 10-30km in Lower altitude
(Perilune) from April 16, 2009. Finally, KAGUYA was impacted to the south-east of near side of the Moon on June 10, 2009 (GMT).

Tomorrow's Harvest is the fourth studio album by Scottish electronic music duo Boards of Canada, released on 10 June 2013 by Warp. The duo began composing and recording the album following the release of The Campfire Headphase in 2005 and the expansion of their studio at Hexagon Sun near the Pentland Hills.

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:311's first independent release was the Downstairs EP, which was recorded in 1989 in Nick Hexum's basement. Unlike many of their releases, it had no cover art. It features the song "Feels So Good," which was recreated/remastered in the album Music and is a staple of most of 311's live shows.

311 considers their first show to have been held on June 10, 1990, opening for Fugazi in Omaha, Nebraska, at the Sokol Auditorium.

KAGUYA was descended to the 50km altitude from February 1, 2009 and then was descended again to 10-30km in Lower altitude
(Perilune) from April 16, 2009. Finally, KAGUYA was impacted to the south-east of near side of the Moon on June 10, 2009 (GMT).

Tomorrow's Harvest is the fourth studio album by Scottish electronic music duo Boards of Canada, released on 10 June 2013 by Warp. The duo began composing and recording the album following the release of The Campfire Headphase in 2005 and the expansion of their studio at Hexagon Sun near the Pentland Hills.

it had no cover art.

Boqurant
Here's back of a fag (cigarette) pack maths

Three (3) Plus (+) Ten Three (103) Times (x) Three (3)

3 + (103 x 3)
3 + 309
= 312?

Boqurant
Looking at "seeburdz" https://user-dbz22819.tumblr.com my notes in parentheses

20 8 18 5 5 16 12 21 19 20 5 14 20 8 18 5 5 20 9 13 5 19 20 8 18 5 5 

(t h r e e p l u s t e n t h r e e t i m e s t h r e e)

MCMXIX  (roman numerals 1919)

(On 14 September 2007) the selene spacecraft launches. jaxa has called the mission, quote the largest lunar mission since the Apollo program.quote. (searching for this exact phrase yields many matching sites, including some lists of noteworthy dates)

(18) when I turned twenty years old, I was two years older than my brother.

One day, I saw the band 311 play live. 

#seagull #seabirds

Boqurant
karpeggi wrote:Looking at "seeburdz" https://user-dbz22819.tumblr.com my notes in parentheses

20 8 18 5 5 16 12 21 19 20 5 14 20 8 18 5 5 20 9 13 5 19 20 8 18 5 5 

(t h r e e p l u s t e n t h r e e t i m e s t h r e e)

MCMXIX  (roman numerals 1919)

(On 14 September 2007) the selene spacecraft launches. jaxa has called the mission, quote the largest lunar mission since the Apollo program.quote. (searching for this exact phrase yields many matching sites, including some lists of noteworthy dates)

(18) when I turned twenty years old, I was two years older than my brother.

One day, I saw the band 311 play live. 

#seagull #seabirds

I wonder if the "seeburdz" tumblr avatar is of any significance?

https://64.media.tumblr.com/c7b219f9f45 ... 6fd64c.pnj

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound