GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

NTFMTS wrote:God Bless Fredd-E for your patience and reality checks, it definitely helps keep this thread together often lol. I too think they're moving towards a certain pattern of releasing videos, and if Reach for the Dead is the next move, then that will really be exciting, at least for me personally.

Thanks! If they post RFTD it will be interesting for sure, but I will remain cautious.

BTW: that 6 may analysis has found its place on the wiki: https://bocpages.org/wiki/Video_Posts

Friendly Stranger
Oh no! The stats have become ridden with an error. The latest insta post was registered as a data entry for TCH instead of TCH EP.
It will probably be corrected in due time.

Great to see it's on bocpages! Now I can find it there instead of ploughing through this crazy feed.
“If you can’t laugh at life, it just isn’t funny anymore.” (Wavy Gravy quoted by Sasha in PiHKAL: https://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=64)

sund0wn wrote:Oh no! The stats have become ridden with an error. The latest insta post was registered as a data entry for TCH instead of TCH EP.
It will probably be corrected in due time.

Great to see it's on bocpages! Now I can find it there instead of ploughing through this crazy feed.

Really? The BoC Instagram lists “the campfire Headphase” in its caption. That’s why it’s marked as TCH in the table. Should be okay?

Friendly Stranger
Sorry, you're absolutely right!

Because Invocation is linked to the Trans Canada Highway Microsite and Dayvan Cowboy is also on the Trans Canada Highway EP I had the TCH EP in mind the whole time! Also, the Dayvan Cowboy video was released as a promo DVD for the Trans Canada Highway EP, according to bocpages. Only now do I realize the Insta post indeed refers to the TCH album.

It makes me wonder why they referred to TCH and not TCH EP..
Is it because a full length album is preferred production-wise over an EP? Is it because the band likes TCH more? Has it something to do with the feeling TCH invokes ("[It] visits a darker place, a glacial place, away from the warmth and light of The Campfire Headphase." (BoC quote from bocpages) ? Is it because TCH EP also has the Odd Nosdam remix on it? Or has it something to do with the involved record labels (TCH solely connected to Warp, while TCH EP also to Music70)?
Perhaps it's just the first thing that came to mind, and my questions unnecessarily are nudging towards the realm of psychoanalysis of whomever posted it ; )
“If you can’t laugh at life, it just isn’t funny anymore.” (Wavy Gravy quoted by Sasha in PiHKAL: https://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=64)

Dayvan Cowboy

Eagle Minded
babylulu wrote:there’s no way the SAY speech is lost to time. if there’s one thing i know for certain about those brothers, it’s that they’re MAJOR archivists. perhaps they decided not to release that video for specific reasons

I assume specific reasons meaning a one shot experience for the audience. I don't know anything about them being archivists -- probably have the file (or film I dunno if it was digitally projected?) saved in a rubber boot somewhere

Posts Quantity
well they record their concerts (ATP IABPOITC and the alt version of Julie and Candy are evidence of that) and im pretty sure they’ve mentioned recording all of their shows (that could be false memory). they also mention having decades worth of tapes

Eagle Minded
The SAY thing is like a Zardoz meets TM jam. Basically the latest that's not a remix -- I want to hear the audio better : (

I don't doubt they have kept the evidence

Eagle Minded
not that anything matters any more or really belongs in gen spec.

but just had a quick question.

Has the comment section in Everything you do is a ballon always been closed? or did it close after TH ... I can't remember. it seems new to me I remember it being open a couple weeks or months ago and now its closed.

Thanks
please lets me know.

Hexagon Fox

Posts Quantity
hexagonFox wrote:not that anything matters any more or really belongs in gen spec.

but just had a quick question.

Has the comment section in Everything you do is a ballon always been closed? or did it close after TH ... I can't remember. it seems new to me I remember it being open a couple weeks or months ago and now its closed.

Thanks
please lets me know.

Hexagon Fox

Yeah it closed a while ago.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

qukk_ wrote:Yeah it closed a while ago.

Now I wonder if YouTube closed them or the account holder. All his other BoC videos are still showing comments. Also pretty popular videos. So I guess it's YouTube who closed it for some policy reason.

Eagle Minded
Also one more thing, cause I didn't see it mentioned here. But this last Instagram Post was also added to their tagged in photos. That's unique to this post.
Slightly interesting I think..
Any way
Carry on

Posts Quantity
Their next post could be Reach For The Dead + Cosecha Signal One, both directed by Neil Krug.

Friendly Stranger
Magic Orange wrote:Their next post could be Reach For The Dead + Cosecha Signal One, both directed by Neil Krug.

Their next post will be nlogax

Posts Quantity
lol found this French music critic site and uhh.. can somebody tell me who the hell those people are? cause that is NOT michael and marcus

https://lecanalauditif.ca/artistes/boards-of-canada/

Boqurant
Do you guys think we're ever scaring BOC off? Like all the rabid fans dissecting every single thing they do. We see them as so mysterious when they're just two Scotsmen making boop and beep sounds.

Sherbet Head
babylulu wrote:lol found this French music critic site and uhh.. can somebody tell me who the hell those people are? cause that is NOT michael and marcus

Maybe it is. We haven't seen them in years. Maybe Marcus died in a car crash on a batty conk and had to be replaced.

Friendly Stranger
Apparently it's the artists from Tycho and Panda Bear (https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/arti ... from-tycho)

Also, don't think the fanbase is scaring them off but it's not enabling either. They never needed a fanbase to begin with, but are signed to a major record label so they are building their (fan)base as a result (like all artists do, signed to record labels). I see the social media output as a cheap and effective way to build their fanbase. If there's a new product (album) the marketing increases (e.g. interviews, broadcasting). I recon the Boc fanbase is particularly good at maintaining itself, or at least the core is. The artists probably also experience feelings of being overwhelmed and the need to protect boundaries (personal life vs persona/image), similar to other people who are famous and have a fanbase. The frantic analyzing and intrusion on their personal lives are certainly downsides of such a position, and some fans might be outright scary (e.g. fan of Björk, death threats to for instance Tolkien or even recently Kipchoge)..

I guess a king needs his servants to be carried like an artist needs the fanbase?

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu wrote:lol found this French music critic site and uhh.. can somebody tell me who the hell those people are? cause that is NOT michael and marcus

This is a site based in Québec, I am familiar with them, it's NOT BOC, just a music news and reviews site.

"Le Canal Auditif est un média numérique québécois consacré aux musiques indépendantes, alternatives et émergentes d’ici et d’ailleurs. Il regroupe des collaboratrices et collaborateurs chevronné.es et enthousiastes prêt.es à vous partager autant leurs coups de cœur que leurs déceptions. En plus des populaires critiques de disques, Le Canal Auditif vous propose également chroniques et actualités qui sauront plaire autant aux fanatiques de rock lourd, de musique expérimentale ou de hip-hop, ainsi qu’aux fidèles supporteurs de la scène locale québécoise. Du plaisir plein les oreilles destiné au mélomane ou à la mélomane en vous."
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Posts Quantity
Panda Bear (Noah Lennox) is not in that photo. FYI
"R-Worded"

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada