GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
We have movement! Great to hear

Friendly Stranger
Has 35 random tracks tape ever been copyrighted? I know the old tunes releases were copyrighted by one of the brothers.
:3

Posts Quantity
For this to legit be the start of something, we’re going to want to see something else pop up in the next few days or so. Keep your eyes peeled fam (ie just keep doing what you’re doing).

New Seed
ITS HAPPENING

Friendly Stranger
I want to believe... really. Fingers crossed, delay modulation -ON-

New Seed
Let’s recap:

R35TT and OTV1/OTV2 have been copyrighted, we get a webloop posted by PIC, one of their social media accounts goes down, MDG logged on this board for the first time in ages, and they’ve posted on Instagram on a somewhat regular interval this year.

The brothers and Hexagon Sun are usually pretty quiet. This year is far from the norm. They are pretty intentional about what the public sees.

Maybe we’ll finally get a proper release of some old material, maybe we will get a completely new release, or maybe nothing will happen.

Hopefully this is the year we get something!

Dayvan Cowboy
mmmidwesttt wrote:Let’s recap:

R35TT and OTV1/OTV2 have been copyrighted, we get a webloop posted by PIC, one of their social media accounts goes down, MDG logged on this board for the first time in ages, and they’ve posted on Instagram on a somewhat regular interval this year.

The brothers and Hexagon Sun are usually pretty quiet. This year is far from the norm. They are pretty intentional about what the public sees.

Maybe we’ll finally get a proper release of some old material, maybe we will get a completely new release, or maybe nothing will happen.

Hopefully this is the year we get something!

For MDG, I'm always reminded of a particular quote from good mod 2020k, posted when this topic's size was halfed and it was the year of our lord twenty twenty;
2020k wrote:MDG lurks from time to time in between albums.

I've practically been here a decade and can count a few million times I've seen his name online, but no post and no news.
https://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=290194#p290194

He is here more often than some presume, in the three years I've been here I can attest to that. I think ParticalGhost alluded to his recent presence a few pages back, saying he was just responding to a PM he sent him. :wink:

And Boards themselves, every year seems to have little crumbs and updates from them, vicariously. Despite Peter Iain Campbell's haunting reel with the "Children" web-loop (very nice to hear it), this year kinda feels like the norm to me at least.

Sherbet Head
Current question is why now of all times? Remaining neutral but optimistic for now.
DMCA's are interesting but sometimes even official videos and songs will get striked by some rando in China so I'll take that one with a grain of salt. HI Facebook was quite intriguing as well
Hearing the web-loop in HQ was real nyce though, thank you PIC regardless

Posts Quantity
That PIC story is lovely. :arrow: I kinda miss the cough though.

Posts Quantity
mmmidwesttt wrote:R35TT and OTV1/OTV2 have been copyrighted,

Rights

mmmidwesttt wrote:we get a webloop posted by PIC

Children

hmm...

Eagle Minded
irv wrote:
mmmidwesttt wrote:R35TT and OTV1/OTV2 have been copyrighted,

Rights

mmmidwesttt wrote:we get a webloop posted by PIC

Children

hmm...

i love this train of thought

Sherbet Head
steeldancer-x wrote:Current question is why now of all times?

"Complete the pattern, solve the puzzle, turn the key"

Pinhead

Friendly Stranger
Why now? Because it's Tomorrow's Harvest.

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:

Pinhead

July 31st is a pioneer related date. I am still digging and putting a formulated post, but.. heres what i have so far.

1979-7-31 : The Start of the Saturnian Observation Phase

The last black square they posted was on September 1st. Which was the date of the Pioneer 11 fly by of Saturn. and the first images transmitted to earth.

best,
HexagonFox

Posts Quantity
shit's gettin real
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
or should i say...... reel.
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
Not trying to be a buzzkill, but I absolutely do not care for this so called Bocset… much rather get new material.
1986 Summer Fire

Quadrivium wrote:Not trying to be a buzzkill, but I absolutely do not care for this so called Bocset… much rather get new material.

My vision for the bocset = new old tunes (read: no songs from any of the already leaked tapes) + B-sides from their studio LPs.

That would equate to all new material in the bocset and still keep true to presenting us songs from bygone eras.

And LP5 will be contemporary BoC.

(PS: I have a feeling that if BoC releases remastered already known leaked old tunes a lot of people (purists) would still prefer the original leaked tapes in their original form factor and tracklist/flow.)

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:
Quadrivium wrote:Not trying to be a buzzkill, but I absolutely do not care for this so called Bocset… much rather get new material.

My vision for the bocset = new old tunes (read: no songs from any of the already leaked tapes) + B-sides from their studio LPs.

That would equate to all new material in the bocset and still keep true to presenting us songs from bygone eras.

And LP5 will be contemporary BoC.

(PS: I have a feeling that if BoC releases remastered already known leaked old tunes a lot of people (purists) would still prefer the original leaked tapes in their original form factor and tracklist/flow.)

A lot of mind reading here, but I always thought BoC was not pleased about the old tunes leaks from both volumes, in addition to r35tt, not only because they're not properly mastered and all but the songs themselves were not 'worthy of public release' or something to that effect. They seem to have their own internal strict quality control on producing hundreds of songs and only a dozen and change making the Final Cut

I hope they release everything they've ever been sitting on, one day. But don't we all
**If you can be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think.**

Sherbet Head
hexagonFox wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:

Pinhead

July 31st is a pioneer related date. I am still digging and putting a formulated post, but.. heres what i have so far.

1979-7-31 : The Start of the Saturnian Observation Phase

The last black square they posted was on September 1st. Which was the date of the Pioneer 11 fly by of Saturn. and the first images transmitted to earth.

best,
HexagonFox

Here's a tenuous link from space to Scotland

Perhaps a dual launch is approaching..

phpBB [media]

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada