GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
When I went to get my last tattoo done, the place was done up with turquoise colored flooring and hexagonal ceiling lighting. I asked if anyone there was a fan of Boards of Canada and he had no idea what I was talking about. This is why I don't talk about myself much in public.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Rodox Head

Sherbet Head
5/9/24

Sherbet Head
luminousdusk wrote:5/9/24

National Cheese Pizza Day History

National Cheese Pizza Day is dedicated to the appreciation of the classic cheese pizza. This culinary observance puts the spotlight on one of America's favorite comfort foods that has remained a staple of the nation's cuisine for decades. The day aims to cherish the simplicity and deliciousness of a cheese pizza, which has successfully managed to capture the hearts of pizza lovers of all age groups.

The origin of National Cheese Pizza Day is not well-documented; however, the popularity of pizza in the United States can be traced back to the early 20th century with the arrival of Italian immigrants. Cheese pizza, in particular, gained immense fame as a preferred choice among Americans due to its non-fussy nature and the versatility of pairing well with various toppings. Today, cheese pizza enjoys a significant place in the pantheon of American dishes, with countless restaurants and pizzerias specializing in crafting their unique renditions of this beloved favorite.

In observing National Cheese Pizza Day, Americans across the country indulge their taste buds in the simple yet delectable flavor of cheese pizza. Many pizza restaurants and chains offer special promotions, deals, or discounts specifically for cheese pizzas on this day. Informal gatherings, parties, and potlucks are organized to celebrate the joy of sharing a timeless cheese pizza with friends and family. National Cheese Pizza Day is observed every year on September 5th, serving as a tasty reminder of our love for cheese pizza and its lasting cultural significance.

Friendly Stranger
Magic Orange wrote:An increase in posts and likes, deletions of accounts, videos, playlists, comments and tweets, high quality versions (if only for a few seconds) of Red Moss and Children/ATP-06 coming from unexpected sources, Dayvan Cowboy music video in high quality, a banner update in 4 years (a similar time to the nuclear banner before TH), a confirmation that an album is on the way, and future news and announcements soon in Threads. It feels like we're starting to see the bigger picture and with each movement the zoom is getting smaller.

There was a high quality version of Red Moss that showed up?
:3

Sherbet Head
zeoevil wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:5/9/24

National Cheese Pizza Day

Bocset would be cool but sure I'll take pizza
Last edited by luminousdusk on Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
Riverbed0666 wrote:There was a high quality version of Red Moss that showed up?

Pretty sure this is the Uhh video Red Moss sample, Which apparently is higher quality than any of the rips we have, Although it could have came from someone with a CD copy so can't really say if that was the bros themselves or not.. Although I'd like to think it was

Eagle Minded
No September 1st post. I guess no FB HI significance. And I also guess BabyLuLu isn’t our clairvoyant BoC channel-child.

Posts Quantity
Davism wrote:No September 1st post. I guess no FB HI significance. And I also guess BabyLuLu isn’t our clairvoyant BoC channel-child.

who the hell is Claire Voyant?

Boqurant
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Your changes have been submitted

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:No September 1st post. I guess no FB HI significance. And I also guess BabyLuLu isn’t our clairvoyant BoC channel-child.
I can't even tell if you're joking or accusing babylulu of being a false prophet anymore.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Rodox Head

Eagle Minded
I'm joking, and it wasn't meant to be a dig at Babylulu. I've had BoC album release dreams as well (which I'm embarrassed to admit).

Eagle Minded
Space is so prominent in SxT and other facets of BoC's art, but not in any of their currently released albums. Space themed album has gotta be happening at some point.

Friendly Stranger
demo wrote:Space is so prominent in SxT and other facets of BoC's art, but not in any of their currently released albums. Space themed album has gotta be happening at some point.

First they need to answer for all the messages they put in TH. Or wait for it to reveal itself
ветер с моря дул, нагонял беду

Sherbet Head
Onyxia wrote:
demo wrote:Space is so prominent in SxT and other facets of BoC's art, but not in any of their currently released albums. Space themed album has gotta be happening at some point.

First they need to answer for all the messages they put in TH. Or wait for it to reveal itself

They don't have to answer for anything, because they don't owe us anything

Sherbet Head
demo wrote:Space is so prominent in SxT and other facets of BoC's art, but not in any of their currently released albums.

I think that would be down to the listeners interpretation, So I have to disagree.

I'll say again that I believe TH is actually about an alien invasion. The nuclear banner and post apocalyptic references in the album art work and the video for RFTD is an analogy to a catastrophic global disaster, Ie, An invasion. It is unlikely that a nuclear war even with all of today's nuclear arsenal used would completely destroy all life on earth, It certainly wouldn't be a "Palace Posy" event

Project Gemini, Google says "Gemini's objective was the development of space travel techniques to support the Apollo mission to land astronauts on the Moon"

This is where the problems began, And the album.

Uritual, Diana Walsh Pasulka, A prominent theologan has described how NASA would carry out "Occult rituals" before their launches and may still do today.

Jacquard Causeway, Sounds quite close to Jacques Vellèe, A prominent UFOlogist

Telepath. According to reports from witnesses who have encountered NHI,They say telepathy is commonly used by them for not only communication but for controlling their craft. The CIA, DARPA and numerous other organizations around the world have been using telepathy to communicate with and remote view non human intellegences.

Nothing is real, Cause we live in a simulated environment created by the non human ultra dimensional intelligence. Duh.

Transmisiones Ferox, The aggressive transmission we have received, As a notification that all humans will be harvested from planet earth.

New seeds, Once all humans have been harvested, A new DNA sequence was dispersed across the earth, To create a new species. One that wouldn't act as a parasite of its own planet, Wouldn't destroy its own environment, Rapidly deplete resources and destroy itself and every other life on that planet.

The bros say the album was inspired by a lot of science fiction. Dropping atomic bombs is not sci-fi, That has happened twice in war.

What is Sci fi is the Close encounters of the third kind theme tune in the number station vinyl for the TH promo. I'm my view, This is a blatant giveaway.

At least that's how I like to interperate it.

Sherbet Head
Just to add, Jacques Vallèe was depicted in Close encounters as the French UFOlogist

Sherbet Head
I don't see TH as related to space at all, just my humble opinion

Friendly Stranger
luminousdusk wrote:
demo wrote:Space is so prominent in SxT and other facets of BoC's art, but not in any of their currently released albums.

Transmisiones Ferox, The aggressive transmission we have received, As a notification that all humans will be harvested from planet earth.

You got that part correct. But it's not Alien, just another planned action from a certain section of human reach over society.

Reach for the Dead anyone? They were warning us about a VERY real thing.

Boqurant
luminousdusk wrote:

I think that would be down to the listeners interpretation, So I have to disagree.

I'll say again that I believe TH is actually about an alien invasion. The nuclear banner and post apocalyptic references in the album art work and the video for RFTD is an analogy to a catastrophic global disaster, Ie, An invasion. It is unlikely that a nuclear war even with all of today's nuclear arsenal used would completely destroy all life on earth, It certainly wouldn't be a "Palace Posy" event

Project Gemini, Google says "Gemini's objective was the development of space travel techniques to support the Apollo mission to land astronauts on the Moon"

This is where the problems began, And the album.

Uritual, Diana Walsh Pasulka, A prominent theologan has described how NASA would carry out "Occult rituals" before their launches and may still do today.

Jacquard Causeway, Sounds quite close to Jacques Vellèe, A prominent UFOlogist

Telepath. According to reports from witnesses who have encountered NHI,They say telepathy is commonly used by them for not only communication but for controlling their craft. The CIA, DARPA and numerous other organizations around the world have been using telepathy to communicate with and remote view non human intellegences.

Nothing is real, Cause we live in a simulated environment created by the non human ultra dimensional intelligence. Duh.

New seeds, Once all humans have been harvested, A new DNA sequence was dispersed across the earth, To create a new species. One that wouldn't act as a parasite of its own planet, Wouldn't destroy its own environment, Rapidly deplete resources and destroy itself and every other life on that planet.

The bros say the album was inspired by a lot of science fiction. Dropping atomic bombs is not sci-fi, That has happened twice in war.

What is Sci fi is the Close encounters of the third kind theme tune in the number station vinyl for the TH promo. I'm my view, This is a blatant giveaway.

At least that's how I like to interperate it.

IMO guessing what it's all about with BOC is both part of the experience and the fun :mrgreen: .

That being said, i wouldn't go use that to speculate on a space theme, cuz yeah that's kind of a farout interpretation. BOC said themeselves on an interview, the whole point of TH isn't really what kind of apocalyptic cataclysm happenned, but rather to find the beauty in a post-apocalyptic world.

If space album exists, it won't probably be about a very specific thing like alien invasion, but just probably be a general theme about the beauty of space and cultural references to the space race during the cold war.
"Boc is probably in the future thinking about the past" - Sean Booth 05/06/2022

https://maschtob.bandcamp.com/album/the-9th-sacred-camp

New Seed
LONG TIME lurker here. Long time listener as well. I wanted to bring up a possibility that I’m not sure anyone’s discussed-

Just because MDG indicated that they were working on a new album does not mean they intend on releasing it. Everyone’s assumed (naturally) that once completed the album would be set for a release schedule. I’m not so sure that’s the case.

They’ve indicated that their interest in producing music is something they do for themselves, and close friends and family- even stating that the intention with their back catalog is to pass it down to their children. They’ve also grown increasingly more antisocial over the years and expressed disdain in their high profile status.

It’s a very real possibility their music making journey has evolved into something that is exclusively personal and intimate for them, with no intention to publish new material ever again. Working on a new album? Sure- but correct me if I’m wrong, MDG never said anything about PUBLISHING a new album. Thoughts?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada