GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

AcidRolodex wrote:LONG TIME lurker here. Long time listener as well. I wanted to bring up a possibility that I’m not sure anyone’s discussed-

Just because MDG indicated that they were working on a new album does not mean they intend on releasing it. Everyone’s assumed (naturally) that once completed the album would be set for a release schedule. I’m not so sure that’s the case.

They’ve indicated that their interest in producing music is something they do for themselves, and close friends and family- even stating that the intention with their back catalog is to pass it down to their children. They’ve also grown increasingly more antisocial over the years and expressed disdain in their high profile status.

It’s a very real possibility their music making journey has evolved into something that is exclusively personal and intimate for them, with no intention to publish new material ever again. Working on a new album? Sure- but correct me if I’m wrong, MDG never said anything about PUBLISHING a new album. Thoughts?

Thoughts? I'm sorry but that makes zero sense. If there were no intentions of releasing an album to the public, MDG wouldn't be so cruel in doing the effort to reply to a fan of this very forum and tell him a new album is on its way. Of course he meant on its way to us.

And please don't forget BoC themselves posted, a year later, on Threads: "Follow here for news and future announcements."

Clearly the two combined are more than enough reassurance. We just need to wait. Remember we also had to wait several years in between confirmation of a new album and the release of TH. It's no different now.

Eagle Minded
AcidRolodex wrote:Just because MDG indicated that they were working on a new album does not mean they intend on releasing it.

I can't wait for the sequel; "Just because they released an album does not mean they intended for us to listen to it."
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
AcidRolodex wrote:Just because MDG indicated that they were working on a new album does not mean they intend on releasing it.

Why would he share that with us if he knew they're recording music with no intent of releasing it?
---
Fuck transphobes

New Seed
I didn’t remember what their YouTube header looked like, so when I looked at the BoC channel tonight I was excited for a few seconds. Then I realized "If they updated any of their profile images this forum would be discussing it!"

The pains of being a fan of BoC with sometimes iffy memory… Please give us something tangible to be excited about Mike and Marcus :(

Boqurant
Biznasty wrote:

I can't wait for the sequel; "Just because they released an album does not mean they intended for us to listen to it."

They'll release an album but it'll just be another Biznasty fake.

Posts Quantity
The recent webloop audio shared by PIC will get me trough at least another X years of waiting. Hang in there folks! :oops:

New Seed
Biznasty wrote:

I don’t understand your jab at me, sorry. It was just an idea that popped into my head, previously I had never thought about it from that perspective, but it seems somewhat plausible, and perhaps not. I was interested to see what others think. After all this is new release speculation. Thanks for the warm welcome

Eagle Minded
Don't take it personally 'scro... I think everyone is at the end of their rope, but for good reason. All the signals point to a release.

Sherbet Head
The twoism radar is detecting something just over the horizon after receiving an automatic dependent surveillance broadcast.

Doppler shift analysis is in progress, while real aperture system awaits target acquisition.

Clear all channels and prepare to receive full transmission shortly

Out

Friendly Stranger
The one thing i heard no-one say, maybe its taking them longer because they are older now.

Sherbet Head
dana wrote:The one thing i heard no-one say, maybe its taking them longer because they are older now.

I think that's been mentioned and factored in with many posts. I think they're probably closer to post production at this point, but yeah all said and done, I agree with your point. I figure they have families and other life things they're focused on. Would make plenty of sense because they're just regular people at the end of the day.

This is an aside and not directed towards you at all, but all aforementioned above is why I find it so annoying and weird when fans demand things from them or say they owe us a, b, or c. Be happy you found their music and that they put it out there for people to listen to!

That's all it really boils down to. There is a record or release of some sort coming at some point. We know this, that's that.

Friendly Stranger
Davism wrote:Don't take it personally 'scro... I think everyone is at the end of their rope, but for good reason. All the signals point to a release.

We’re doing good, thank you
phpBB [media]
ветер с моря дул, нагонял беду

New Seed
Wow. I didn’t say they owed anyone anything. I didn’t say anything even close to that. It just occurred to me through past interviews and history that maybe their perspective on publishing music changed over the years, that perhaps it is something more deeply personal to them at this point in their lives and they’re content making music for music sake, and keeping it within their close circle. Something pure that is not to be spoiled by a touchy fan base or the modern streaming music industry. I dunno it was just a thought, damn.

I’ve enjoyed getting on here for years, reading up on all the interesting conversation you guys have. But the second I get on to chime in with a new discussion you all become quite aggressive. I guess you guys don’t take well to new members… I suppose that’s it for my attempt to join the discussion, take care guys- and maybe chill out a little bit.

Dayvan Cowboy
Anything said here that isn't about the new album that's TOTALLY COMING OUT SOON GUYS, JUST TRUST ME BRO, is considered wrongthink.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Rodox Head

rodox_head wrote:Anything said here that isn't about the new album that's TOTALLY COMING OUT SOON GUYS, JUST TRUST ME BRO, is considered wrongthink.

It's not even "just trust me bro". It's MDG who reassured this community a new album is on its way. Do we really have reason to believe MDG all of a sudden, after all these years, is going to troll all of us by lying about that statement? If the album was meant for BoC's close circle of friends no way he would've posted what he did to a "touchy fan". All the rest is just delusional!

Sherbet Head
Now let's not all get jumpy just because a TV set goes on the blink

Dayvan Cowboy
AcidRolodex wrote:I’ve enjoyed getting on here for years, reading up on all the interesting conversation you guys have. But the second I get on to chime in with a new discussion you all become quite aggressive. I guess you guys don’t take well to new members… I suppose that’s it for my attempt to join the discussion, take care guys- and maybe chill out a little bit.

It's just this thread actually, most of us are quite alright and can be found in the little forum hidey-holes away from BoC. (Twoism is cyclical in more ways than one unfortunately. )

Eagle Minded
Anyone notice Hades Antenna still has an Instagram up?

https://www.instagram.com/hades_antenna/

any one of you all?

Tbh I think we are waiting for one more clue, one more comment. or even,
we missed something.

Best,
Fox

Sherbet Head
AcidRolodex wrote:Wow. I didn’t say they owed anyone anything. I didn’t say anything even close to that. It just occurred to me through past interviews and history that maybe their perspective on publishing music changed over the years, that perhaps it is something more deeply personal to them at this point in their lives and they’re content making music for music sake, and keeping it within their close circle. Something pure that is not to be spoiled by a touchy fan base or the modern streaming music industry. I dunno it was just a thought, damn.

I’ve enjoyed getting on here for years, reading up on all the interesting conversation you guys have. But the second I get on to chime in with a new discussion you all become quite aggressive. I guess you guys don’t take well to new members… I suppose that’s it for my attempt to join the discussion, take care guys- and maybe chill out a little bit.

Yo you didn't even read what I said. I specifically said I wasn't talking about you. Calm down, everyone here isn't jumping down your throat. I didn't mean anything personal against you. I hope you read this and understand that

Eagle Minded
Last night while I was teaching my art class, I was playing the broz (Aquarius), and one student (20 yrs old) recognized the song and said "Is this Boards of Canada? Ah man, I love them....... I also really like Aphex Twin." There's hope for the younglings, people.

That being said, if there's no movement from them by the time October rolls around, 2024 is cooked. I really thought we would have seen a new album by now.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada