This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
zeoevil wrote:
NTFMTS wrote:Joe Biden finally dropped from the race. I'm so happy

The whole situation is fucked. If we get Trump, we get war with Iran for Israel. If we had gotten Biden, we would have gotten war with Russia for Ukraine. With Harris, we might get both. The whole thing is just pants on head and I want no part of it.

Why was Biden going to war with Russia? Americans barely care about foreign policy, it's widely unpopular with politicians to continue to send aide to Ukraine. He never said anything about war. That's a NATO thing, not a President Harris ticket thing.

Sherbet Head
NTFMTS wrote:Why was Biden going to war with Russia? Americans barely care about foreign policy, it's widely unpopular with politicians to continue to send aide to Ukraine. He never said anything about war. That's a NATO thing, not a President Harris ticket thing.

We are part of NATO and one of its primary financiers. Trump was very vocal about NATO paying its bills and not providing assistance if they didn't. Biden is slowly inching towards allowing more and more American arms to be used against Russian targets. Putin has publicly stated that continuing to do so would invite dire consequences. I see no reason why that won't continue under Harris.

Keep in mind it only became wildly unpopular to fund Ukraine after the attacks in Israel on October seventh. Before then it was only unpopular, but not wildly unpopular. After all, our government is grossly pro-Israel to the detriment of many far more important issues.

Eagle Minded
NTFMTS wrote:That's pretty awful sounding, there must be some medical product that can help with that without the buzz.

I just poured about 8oz of olive oil over my head, possibly a mistake as the viscosity is low and I am out of paper towels

Sherbet Head
zeoevil wrote:
NTFMTS wrote:Why was Biden going to war with Russia? Americans barely care about foreign policy, it's widely unpopular with politicians to continue to send aide to Ukraine. He never said anything about war. That's a NATO thing, not a President Harris ticket thing.

We are part of NATO and one of its primary financiers. Trump was very vocal about NATO paying its bills and not providing assistance if they didn't. Biden is slowly inching towards allowing more and more American arms to be used against Russian targets. Putin has publicly stated that continuing to do so would invite dire consequences. I see no reason why that won't continue under Harris.

Keep in mind it only became wildly unpopular to fund Ukraine after the attacks in Israel on October seventh. Before then it was only unpopular, but not wildly unpopular. After all, our government is grossly pro-Israel to the detriment of many far more important issues.

These are fair points, I see what you mean and I agree

Sherbet Head
Glen_Glog wrote:
NTFMTS wrote:That's pretty awful sounding, there must be some medical product that can help with that without the buzz.

I just poured about 8oz of olive oil over my head, possibly a mistake as the viscosity is low and I am out of paper towels

Oh noo :(

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:There's an easter egg in The Sims 2 with a stack of CDs; two of which I easily recognize but the other two I don't. Do they look familiar to anyone here?

??? - ??? (Portishead - Dummy, maybe?)

Mystery solved. It's Tigermilk by Belle & Sebastian
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Rodox Head

Sherbet Head
An official twoism YouTube channel would be pretty cool

Friendly Stranger
The Julie and Candy live video skiers are pretty good actually.
You’re always on a war with yourself, you’re just used to it.

Posts Quantity
Location: In your unconscious mind, but more precisely in France
I unintentionally heard Alpha and Omega's "Yellow", playing at 4:17, while it was 14h17. Hope it won't bring Satan in my house.

Posts Quantity

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

A cool spot i found after watching Gone with the Wind

Posts Quantity
Not surprising when you know who made this remix, but here are some other BOC vibes here:

phpBB [media]

Spoiler: show
I swear there was a thread about songs that have a BOC vibe or share some similarities, but I can't find it anymore.

Friendly Stranger
Cool idea, let’s just make a mixtape together, put your favorite songs and let someone mix it, could turn it into a thread in This Random Sound if y’all like this idea.

Friendly Stranger
mGardener wrote:Cool idea, let’s just make a mixtape together, put your favorite songs and let someone mix it, could turn it into a thread in This Random Sound if y’all like this idea.

Or I’ll mix it myself, I already have some experience with that, I made an entire BoC myself for my family.

Sherbet Head
mGardener wrote:
mGardener wrote:Cool idea, let’s just make a mixtape together, put your favorite songs and let someone mix it, could turn it into a thread in This Random Sound if y’all like this idea.

Or I’ll mix it myself, I already have some experience with that, I made an entire BoC myself for my family.

I will prob send you a DM about this in a few days. DM me if I forget!

Dayvan Cowboy
Page 244 of this thread was when it all changed, we saw the last appearances of old members on the top of that page, discussing twoism meet ups and the legend of Cupz, the first RodoxRevival© appearance with them showing their music topster, and I haphazardly commented on it having joined a DAY earlier.
Yes I really believe the old times were fading right there and then. Just a thought.

Woe is me. Where is page 244? (rhetorical not literal)

Eagle Minded
1 hour leisure bike ride + hq headphones + boards of canada

:mrgreen:
yes, i would love to be free!

Posts Quantity
I realized that vocals in those Ulver songs are distorted the same way the ones on The Devil Is in the Details are:

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Previous

Return to The Playground