What do Boccers look like? (post pics of yourself!)

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
turquoise70 wrote:
Phasen wrote:enjoying college while i can. ha.

kegstaaaaaaands

for me enjoying college entails smoking ridiculous excessive amounts of weed on weeknights with a bathroom full of philosophy majors and making music with bongos and a casio :P

it's all good

haha, yeh I do that from time to time too (i.e. like five minutes ago, haha) :D

Boqurant

A recent picture of me in Poland.

Sherbet Head

Boqurant
you are all my people now.

Neels and myself in the woods.

Posts Quantity
< Avatar

8 bit tie ftw

Nova Scotia Robot
So here's some pics of me after I was convinced with a bunch of beers and some schnopps to get on a horse and ride through the woods. Made good use of the time listening to Geogaddi on my mp3 player whilst doing so. My ass still hurts, it's so damn uncomfortable. I don't recommend trying this at home.

Damnit I love summertime.

Into Julie and Candy at this point.

Representing with a BoC T-shirt.

Dayvan Cowboy
747Music wrote:So here's some pics of me after I was convinced with a bunch of beers and some schnopps to get on a horse and ride through the woods. Made good use of the time listening to Geogaddi on my mp3 player whilst doing so. My ass still hurts, it's so damn uncomfortable. I don't recommend trying this at home.

Damnit I love summertime.

Into Julie and Candy at this point.

Representing with a BoC T-shirt.

How can you call listening to an album you've listened to hundreds of times a better use of time than concentrating on the current task at hand. Fuck mp3 players, some BoC fans are straight hypocrites. You go out into the woods on a horse...only to listen to BoC? What the fuck is your problem? Listen to the music of the nature around you...I'm sure that is how Geogaddi was conceived anyway. Too much constant consumption leaves nothing behind, no creativity can come from constantly focusing on other's pieces without letting ideas unfold in your head. I know it doesn't make sense to bash you for posting an innocent picture there, but obviously you are trying to state something by mentioning you are listening to Geogaddi, and what you are stating is offensive and disgusts me.

Ugg...this is when interest becomes obsession. I mean seriously, I can understand listening to music while waiting for something...but you had a unique experience waiting for your absorption, and instead you decided to divert your attention to your favorite album. Don't tell me you were trying to enhance the place with BoC. That is just straight sick. Its like you are a missionary or something, never feeling happy with the current situation, always needing more. How about you stop carrying that mp3 player everywhere you go? I'm sure your attention span and general thoughts will come back to your head.

Forgive me, but I had to vent my frustration at what that picture represented. All that ranting is based on one little picture that I made assumptions from...so don't take this personally, just try to see why I find that annoying.
Black then White are all I see in my infancy...Red and Yellow then came to me, reachin' out to me, lets me see...

Dayvan Cowboy
that seems like a pretty harsh attack. i see where you're coming from though--i live in one of the most beautiful, sense-intensive places in the country and i DO get angry at people walking around with their ipods all the time--oblivious to reality. but c'mon, i don't understand your intensity...?

Dayvan Cowboy
geogaddi on horseback? lol, comeon man!!

Posts Quantity
Absolutely out of place, Vordhosbn.

One cannot make such assumptions based on a photo.

I personally think there's nothing wrong with carrying your mp3 wherever you go, as it sometimes enhances the experience in a way only music you're emotionally attached with can achieve.

This isn't your case obviously so, try to respect those people for whom music is that important. :wink:
'And because our reason violently deters us from the brink, therefore do we the most impetuously approach it' E. A. Poe

Nova Scotia Robot
Dude, wow. Sorry I offended you that much. And ya lately my life has been utterly fucked up. I'm struggling to find food for each day cuz I'm only making $400 per month. My bipolar is completely destroying my mind lately. I'm in constant fucking pain for the last 13 years of my life from fibro myalgia and it gets me down sometimes. So I will bring my mp3 player everywhere I go to bring me comfort. Excuse me for listening to Geogaddi while going through the woods.

If it comforts you any I didn't listen to it the entire time. To be honest it was less than half the time I was out there as it was a long ride. Listened to it on the way out, and nothing on the way back. Notice both pictures the headphones are hanging around my neck and not in my ears. I love the sound of nature. The wind blowing across the grass and into the trees is a gorgeous sound. But still music is extremely important to me right now as it brings my mind to ease when right now it's so easily swayed to mayhem.

I do see where you're coming from. And I'm not in any way mad at you. Just try not to say stuff like that under assumption.

Dayvan Cowboy
Note that you didn't offend me, and I'm not angry at you (you are actually a pretty cool person from what little I know about you). With all the strings of personal preferences attached to that situation, it is perfectly reasonable for you to listen to the music. I'm just annoyed at the basic concept of constant mind-numbing entertainment, and the incredibly easy access to it. Of course, if it is there to comfort you for physical and mental problems than it is more than entertainment...so I suppose that justifies it.
Black then White are all I see in my infancy...Red and Yellow then came to me, reachin' out to me, lets me see...

Eagle Minded
some music/art is not mind numbing, but the exact opposite, dont you know?

Nova Scotia Robot
Vordhosbn wrote:Note that you didn't offend me, and I'm not angry at you (you are actually a pretty cool person from what little I know about you). With all the strings of personal preferences attached to that situation, it is perfectly reasonable for you to listen to the music. I'm just annoyed at the basic concept of constant mind-numbing entertainment, and the incredibly easy access to it. Of course, if it is there to comfort you for physical and mental problems than it is more than entertainment...so I suppose that justifies it.

I know exactly what you mean though. People doing nothing but constantly pleasing themselves with media. They need to take time to themselves, think, act. Not just have entertainment flooded into their minds. That's what creates zombie-like uncreativeness. It's retarded. People need to get outside and live. So I'm definitely with you man. However certain levels are acceptable of coarse.

Dayvan Cowboy
silo flame wrote:some music/art is not mind numbing, but the exact opposite, dont you know?

But, nature's art can be even less mind numbing and more of an inspiration than human art, and should not be ignored, especially since a lot of the influence/inspiration of music evolves from nature itself. 747, I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through, and of course I think it's fine to find comfort in music to get through things in life. But, I definitely see where Vordhosbn is coming from. It's a sad thing when people are consuming music like it's a necessity to enjoy things in life. It gets to a point where the music becomes watered down and it can't be enjoyed the same way anymore.

Boqurant
747Music wrote:Dude, wow. Sorry I offended you that much. And ya lately my life has been utterly fucked up. I'm struggling to find food for each day cuz I'm only making $400 per month. My bipolar is completely destroying my mind lately. I'm in constant fucking pain for the last 13 years of my life from fibro myalgia and it gets me down sometimes. So I will bring my mp3 player everywhere I go to bring me comfort. Excuse me for listening to Geogaddi while going through the woods.

Hey 747 I hear you I have a disease too. I'd rather not mention what it is because it really isn't important, but I've had it for over 10 years now. It hasn't affected me working full time, but it limits me in so many other ways. Music is my escape.

Nova Scotia Robot
mouse_bums wrote:
747Music wrote:Dude, wow. Sorry I offended you that much. And ya lately my life has been utterly fucked up. I'm struggling to find food for each day cuz I'm only making $400 per month. My bipolar is completely destroying my mind lately. I'm in constant fucking pain for the last 13 years of my life from fibro myalgia and it gets me down sometimes. So I will bring my mp3 player everywhere I go to bring me comfort. Excuse me for listening to Geogaddi while going through the woods.

Hey 747 I hear you I have a disease too. I'd rather not mention what it is because it really isn't important, but I've had it for over 10 years now. It hasn't affected me working full time, but it limits me in so many other ways. Music is my escape.

Thanks man. Whatever it is you have I hope you are able to build paths around so you can lead a happy life.

Everyone is entitled to enjoy music when, where and how he/she wants to. It's a damn shame that some people on this board are trying to mock other people for different listening habits.

Consider this as a proper warning. We just can't tolerate such needless unjustified behavior.

Fredd-E wrote:Everyone is entitled to enjoy music when, where and how he/she wants to. It's a damn shame that some people on this board are trying to mock other people for different listening habits.

Consider this as a proper warning. We just can't tolerate such needless unjustified behavior.

Word.

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground